The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil Crashes...

Daracon_Rage
Hey guys,

Before now I've had zero problems with the game and it's been running almost perfect.

Now I'm in Cyrodiil, and it's started crashing to the desktop quite frequently, with the standard "tell us what happened" form.

Now every time I try to log into that character I'm getting the same thing almost all of the time.

Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Cheers.

UPDATE:

I've just submitted a help ticket to ZOS and they told me to load the game, alt-tab and close the launcher.

Since I've tried this, zero crashes in Cyrodiil.

Will test a few more times to confirm.
Edited by Daracon_Rage on April 18, 2014 2:59PM
  • Deoc
    Deoc
    I'm having the same problem. When I joined a group the game crashed and i keep on crashing when im in Cyrodiil.
  • Juzubow
    Juzubow
    Same.
    Cyrodil is pretty much unplayable for me. Which kinda breaks the game as I enjoy Pvp immensely more than Pve.
  • martin.ollandb16_ESO
    martin.ollandb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    same for me getting random crashes and when I try to log in the same charracter it crashes again until I switch to another and back, then I'm kicked out of cyrodiil...
  • Dreionisca
    Same with me, my character is in Cyrodiil and i am no longer able to get past the "requesting character load" and when i do manage to get on i either lag back out, get an "unexpected error" or a "eso has crashed unexpectedly"...
  • Zahrim
    Zahrim
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem for me, I can't stay connected very long while in Cyrodiil. The rest of the game I have zero problems.
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment constantly crashing and also whenever we invite people into the party.
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
  • RexOakie
    RexOakie
    Having the same problem, I can't even leave because I crash on log-in.
    Ebonheart Pact - Imperial - Dragonknight - Lucius Vaeliria
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem too constantly.
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
  • felox008
    felox008
    Have the same problem... I hope to get fixed soon
  • Lovreone
    Lovreone
    ✭✭
    I think I found a temporary solution which might work for you guys as well. Close the Game Launcher after launching the game, this way the game freezes but recovers so you can move on without CTD
    Edited by Lovreone on April 1, 2014 7:05AM
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, I crash almost everytime I join a party in cyrodiil.
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • Buddheia
    Buddheia
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the same problems in Cyrodiil. crashed to desktop 53 times today ( no bs, I wrote the error msg with incremental numbers in each report to keep track)
  • Moon449
    Moon449
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be linked with joining a group. I was running around fine, no lag or crashes, till i joined a group. As soon as i joined the group ESO instantly crashed.
  • kwjohns
    kwjohns
    I'm having the same issue. I did some solo questing in Cyrodiil for an hour or two without a problem. I went to join a raid to PvP and my client started lagging and then kept crashing. All would be fine until I'd get back in a raid. Now my character is stuck and the game crashes every time I try to load it.
  • Lovreone
    Lovreone
    ✭✭
    The above mentioned solution worked for me until the yesterday's maintenance (Apr 01st), and now the CTDs are back
  • l4m3r
    l4m3r
    ✭✭✭
    dont make groups larger then 6 7 ppls cause it crashes randomly!
  • eruexe
    eruexe
    l4m3r wrote: »
    dont make groups larger then 6 7 ppls cause it crashes randomly!

lol i hope you are right

• wyatt.andersonb14_ESO
    I'm crashing in CYRODIIL and in dungeon groups. I may as well be playing Skyrim. I keep sending the reports in. Would be nice to know if this is being worked on or if i can correct it on my end.
  • Emily
    Emily
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even do anything. I go into cyrodiil with a party and crash literally every 30 seconds.

It's not very fun at all. Sometimes I crash even while logging in from a crash, I crash at the loading screen for cyrodiil.
    Edited by Emily on April 5, 2014 12:01AM
  • lesso
    lesso
    CTD's usually result from not having the C++ and .NET frameworks up to date try using windows update to update both library's also make sure their installed.

Other than that I would do the usual update your drivers, Lower your video settings etc
  • merlimpteb17_ESO
    merlimpteb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just to say, im having the same problem and i suspect its pvp group related. When solo this periodic crash followed by +-10 minutes unable to login doesnt happen.
  • reapz69
    reapz69
    I can solo or 6 man grp all day but in large groups the game crahses untill i kicked from grp
  • reapz69
    reapz69
    think im done tbh, if they cant even see there is a problem with this then the game has no chance
  • Abbtec123
    Abbtec123
    Well it won't even let me into Cyrodiil at the moment. I have accepted to enter my campaign that I selected but its been loading for 17mins wtf I want to play PvP its the reason I purchased the game.
  • reapz69
    reapz69
    :-(
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    2 Times today that I crash in cyrodill with a group. When I log I am sorrounded by enemies that make me as chicken nuggets. Yesterday I did crashed even more but with more luck. Its frustrating. My graphic quality is already low. My pc is good and it only happens in the pvp area when there are many players.
  • _Visceral_
    I have been having this issue as well, however recently discovered that if I'm just in a standard sized group - no crashing in Cyrodiil, however the moment i join a raid sized group the game crashes to desktop, then generally refuses to load in for a good 5 minutes.
    Once I'm in the game again on that character, the same problem occurs when I leave that raid group, and sometimes even when players join/leave the group.

So i'm putting it down grouping with more than a standard sized group when in Cyrodiil. Otherwise when I have entered Cyrodiil solo or with a friend I have had no issues with crashing, also never crashing whilst anywhere else in Tamriel.

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I did NOT have this issue in beta (I did 4 weekends of stress-testing and never had this problem).

Cyrodil is currently unplayable. I was grouped with a couple of people this morning and I just kept crashing to desktop then having problems logging back in (error 103). In the end I just had to leave the group.

I love the PvE part of the game, but if I cannot play in Cyrodil this pretty much kills it for me, I don't love either one more than the other, but it's like I can't access half of the game. :(

I'm also having pretty poor framerate since the last patch, it went from good to poor.

I have a decent gaming rig and a decent connection, I should be able to play without these sorts of issues.

Edit to add: This did not happen when I was wandering around solo in Cyrodil, it only started happening once myself and a couple of other wanderers formed a group. It was not a large group, there were only 3 of us. The crashing issue was only happening to me though.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 6, 2014 9:58AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to double post, but @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I am expected to enter my credit card details in less than an hour from now. Can someone please give me reassurance that this issue is being investigated?

Many thanks, I know you guys must have had a hard week, but this is an important issue if there are a number of us who for some reason cannot do any PvP.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • cookienomrwb17_ESO
    cookienomrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have had this issue a couple of times now, I have found that if you log into a different character then back into the bugged character it may let you back in. :)