The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Inventory Insight and other necessary Addons

1slydudeub17_ESO
1slydudeub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Why is it so hard for the business behind this game to not understand the need for addons in this game!

I am now up to 18 full blown characters and all have full inventories with about half of those items golded out.
Without the addon "Inventory Insight" I can no longer manage all of my inventory because it would take hours just to find everything to eqip a character for a new build.

Well, last night we lost the addon backbone for Insight Inventory and many other addons called "LibStub" and it will no longer be supported.

I have put up with all the bad and sometimes good things this game has gone through; as I have been on here since November of 2013.
I think most people / players in this game will agree with me about the need for certain addons to comfortably play this game.
It would be very easy to go to Minion or any other addon manager program and see which addons are used by thosands of people in this game.
Pick all the High-Use addons and implement them into the game updates as part of the game's software.

Otherwise, it's been fun, but my time after 6 plus years playing this game has finally come to an end.
I don't think I will be the only leaving either.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to quit the game because the addon/game version indexing is changing and addon authors have to change two lines of code?

That is the way I read it at esoui

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info44-LibStub.html
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now i agree that some more addons need to be made part of the base ui. ZOS has added a bunch so far, hopefully they will add more.

• Hillgrove
    Hillgrove
    Soul Shriven
    Well, last night we lost the addon backbone for Insight Inventory and many other addons called "LibStub" and it will no longer be supported.

What happened last night?

• 1slydudeub17_ESO
    1slydudeub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    As I said above, the backbone of many add-ons called LibStub is no longer good or will be updated.
    Not sure but I think it broke like (8) of my add-ons including :Insight Inventory".
    I'm all paid up for ESO Plus until july, but by then they better have a better game.
    That's what I meant when I said I may be quitting.
    Thanks for your input!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that Inventory Insight isn’t working for you? Or are you just predicting that at some point it will stop working? It’s still working fine for me, as are many other addons I use that rely on LibStub.

I expect that as the authors update their addons to accommodate UI changes they will also account for the fact that irs no longer needed as a stand-alone library. Or they won’t, and their addon will continue calling to an out of date library but remain functional, as is the current state.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A library being unsupported doesn't mean all addons which use it will immediately stop working. It means at some point in the future the code will fall behind what's in the game and when that happens the addons might start to develop some problems. Or they might not, it depends on what's actually changed. Some of my addons have been showing as out of date for months, but they still work.

And with popular addons or libraries there's a good chance someone else will take over updating it because they want to keep it running.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Inventory Insight and about 25 other mods. Logged in last night and they all work just fine.

I don't even think you know what libstub does, it for sure is not the backbone of an addon. LibStub was developed for WOW and all it does is keep track of the Versioning of an Addon. Since you can use outdated addons, more than half of mine are outdated, including Inv Insight, and they all work, there is nothing to be worried about here.

• lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    My addon for harvesting loads but nothing shows on the map. I disable libstub and the stuff shows but 4 or 5 of my other addons don't work because libstub is not found.

This is the problem with addons that are supported individually by someone and not part of the game code.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even think you know what libstub does, it for sure is not the backbone of an addon. LibStub was developed for WOW and all it does is keep track of the Versioning of an Addon. Since you can use outdated addons, more than half of mine are outdated, including Inv Insight, and they all work, there is nothing to be worried about here.

As soon as i disable LibStub, the AddOns stop working because they're missing a dependency. When I keep LibStub active, my inventory is broken, I don't get a context menu by right clicking an item.
    Edited by thorwyn on February 29, 2020 10:09AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    LibStub was updated on Feb 24th.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭