Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Goodbye Battlegrounds

MicahMahaffey
MicahMahaffey
✭✭
My fiance and I will miss you.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to play bgs with your fiance, you can always que solo if you enjoy them.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is bad but i am pretty sure that in the next patch ZoS will add a group queue to the list.
    Because I can!
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a fiance but I can still play?
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, now every person must show his or her mettle in battleground. I understand, that slaughtering random noobs with premade is fun and easy, but I am glad, that now everyone can have a chance at winning, and personal skills matter.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lintashi wrote: »
    Oh my, now every person must show his or her mettle in battleground. I understand, that slaughtering random noobs with premade is fun and easy, but I am glad, that now everyone can have a chance at winning, and personal skills matter.

Lots of people missing the point, must be flying very high today. :(
  • james_738pub18_ESO
    james_738pub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It has nothing to do with smashing noobs. It's that you can't play with friends in an MMO...
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

It has nothing to do with smashing noobs. It's that you can't play with friends in an MMO...

You also can't play maelstrom arena with friends... Does it mean MA is bad and should be reworked?
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad that I wont be matched with premades on voice chat anymore, but this is just a crude band aid to solve only part of the issues with BG.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started with friends, then they bailed, now I queue alone anyway - would still be nice to have the option to queue with them if they started again.

And before I get accused of noob stomping - playing with friends having some drinks and being merry made us the ones being stomped 90% of the time. Premades don't always = god mode.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skorro wrote: »
    I started with friends, then they bailed, now I queue alone anyway - would still be nice to have the option to queue with them if they started again.

And before I get accused of noob stomping - playing with friends having some drinks and being merry made us the ones being stomped 90% of the time. Premades don't always = god mode.
    I don't think anyone had much issue with the super-casual premades, but there's currently no way for ZOS to separate them from the people that are running a dedicated healer, coordinated Ult dumps, harmony bombs, etc...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You people confuse me "what is the point that flew over everyone's head"?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    37AVeE5.gif
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having a solo queue option is great, but we DO need a group queue option, too.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah finally convinced a friend to play so we could do BG, and wala, they removed it convincing my friend to not play the game.

How can I convince people to play a MMO when you can't play with your friends.

Revert BG's back, and then add a ranked que for try hards to play in. Making a "premade que" only is going to kill BG's. It's either your solo, or you have 4 people, and no in between if thats the case.

But hey most people here seem to be apposed because they have no friends, or there jealous that you have a fiance.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As we've removed a few non-constructive comments around baiting, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MicahMahaffey
    MicahMahaffey
    ✭✭

Um... I mostly play solo, I never had issues with getting stomped by other players. This solo queue just prevents my fiance and I from playing together when we like, and we def didn't noob stomp anyone ever. If anything we were the ones getting stomped.

But losing the ability to play with her makes me not even want to play it solo. Because I usually play so i can learn the ropes enough to not suck when she's on.

Id rather invest my time in a game I can actually play with her.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup, it's pathetic. I myself am SUPER bad at BGs, I'm lucky if i can score more than 2 kills in any game, so all the joy I had with the gamemode came from playing with my friends, while they aren't anything special either, they are at least more competent than me, so us laughing at the game while playing was more of the entertainment then playing itself. this is a sad day indeed
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing but a band-aid fix for their inability to fix the activity finder and/or mmr when they were supposed to during their first failed "performance improvement". The fact that the change caters to solo play wasn't the reason for the change, recent dev responses in threads today have further proved that. Utter incompetence at it's finest, mmo features without grouping.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be two modes. Solo and group. You can even give group BGs new maps to make it more unique
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

You also can't play maelstrom arena with friends... Does it mean MA is bad and should be reworked?

@Neloth so we are comparing a TEAM based mode to a SOLO based mode........ And you are the type of people the devs are trying to cater to? This is why eso pvp is actually dying..... All the skilled players at the game leaving and just lowering the bar....... Look they had to pay seiferpk to play this game for.a few hours one day.......... That should say it all right there.
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    another thread really ?

If every couple create a new thread to say "i am sad we cant play in premade anymore", well, this forum will become a mess
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Neloth so we are comparing a TEAM based mode to a SOLO based mode........

I'm comparing one game mode, which is perfectly fun to play without friends, to another game mode, which is perfectly fun to play without friends....

btw surprise, MMO has a SOLO mode, how dare it
    And you are the type of people the devs are trying to cater to? This is why eso pvp is actually dying.....

ESO PvP is dying because of performance, balance and bad rewards issues. It also has a steep learning curve, with a lot of factors discouraging new players to play it. But fun to know that PvP is also dying because of me.
    All the skilled players at the game leaving and just lowering the bar.......

lol on this. If your premade buddies left because they can't stomp pugs anymore, the average skill of eso playerbase only increased.

glhf in new BGs

• Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

I'm comparing one game mode, which is perfectly fun to play without friends, to another game mode, which is perfectly fun to play without friends....

And you are the type of people the devs are trying to cater to? This is why eso pvp is actually dying.....

ESO PvP is dying because of performance, balance and bad rewards issues. It also has a steep learning curve, with a lot of factors discouraging new players to play it. But fun to know that PvP is also dying because of me.

lol on this. If your premade buddies left because they can't stomp pugs anymore, the average skill of eso playerbase only increased.

glhf in new BGs

I bet your still getting stomped by teams full of sorcs, and mag templars, and calling OH NooOo THE PREMADES ARE STILL OUT THERE!!!!

Btw surprise SUPRISEEEE!!! MMO = "Massively multiplayer online" not "Massively Solo player Online". There is plenty of content for solo plays, duels, cyro non CP, dungeons, questing, even the old BG. Forcing everyone to be an anti social elitist like you isnt healthy for any online community. Yah how dare you want everyone to play your way!!! YBut you know what? I'll join your band wagon. So......

Better start complaining about DLC dungeon and Trial achievements! It's not fair that I am a soloist and I can't find a group! PLEASE ZOS remove premades from all content it's stomping everything a single player can't do!!! Pleaseee caterr to meee..

"Hey everyoneeee I have to tell you, I am a Soloist! I don't Need No TeAm, I'm an Independent GroWn SOlOiST!"

'I'm soooo Hardcoreee, because I solo!!!! Oh nooooo, people play together in a MMO??? AND THEY GET AN ADVANTAGE FOR COMMUNICATING?!?!??!!?! IT'S TIME TO COMPLAIN!!!

*Finally removes teamplay from BG*

"FINALLY I FEEL EMPOWERED, COME MY SOY BOY BRETHEREN!! I MEAN SOLOIST!!!! WE HAVE CHANGES TO DOOO!

1 year later, ZOS I CAN'T SOLO IN CYRO BECAUSE A GUILD IS WORKING TOGETHER!!! PLEASE ZOS REMOVE FACTION LOCK!!! AND PLACE PEOPLE IN RANDOM FACTIONS WHEN THEY SIGN UP FOR CYROOOOOO, BECAUSEEE IT'S NOT FAIR THEY ARE GROUPED UPPPPPP, PLEASSEEE CATERRR TO MEEEEEEE!!!

2 years later, ZOS, I can't animation cancel LIKE OTHERS, Please remove it!! It's an EXPLOIT because I cant do ittttt, REMOVEE IT SOOOO EVERYONE ISSS ONN MY LEVELLLLLL, please ZOS CATERRRR TOO MEEEEE!!

3 Years later, ZOS, MY ENEMIES SET ABILITIES ARE BETTER THAN MINES, BECAUSE HE WAS IN A STRAIGHT PUG TRIALLLL ONLY!!! PLEASE REMOVE SETS SO tHeres no ABILITIESSSSS OUTSIDE OUR OWN!!, please ZOS CATERRR TO MEEEE

The mind of the "soloist".
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

glhf in new BGs

I bet your still getting stomped by teams full of sorcs, and mag templars, and calling OH NooOo THE PREMADES ARE STILL OUT THERE!!!!

Btw surprise SUPRISEEEE!!! MMO = "Massively multiplayer online" not "Massively Solo player Online". There is plenty of content for solo plays, duels, cyro non CP, dungeons, questing, even the old BG. Forcing everyone to be an anti social elitist like you isnt healthy for any online community. Yah how dare you want everyone to play your way!!! YBut you know what? I'll join your band wagon. So......

Better start complaining about DLC dungeon and Trial achievements! It's not fair that I am a soloist and I can't find a group! PLEASE ZOS remove premades from all content it's stomping everything a single player can't do!!! Pleaseee caterr to meee..

"Hey everyoneeee I have to tell you, I am a Soloist! I don't Need No TeAm, I'm an Independent GroWn SOlOiST!"

'I'm soooo Hardcoreee, because I solo!!!! Oh nooooo, people play together in a MMO??? AND THEY GET AN ADVANTAGE FOR COMMUNICATING?!?!??!!?! IT'S TIME TO COMPLAIN!!!

*Finally removes teamplay from BG*

"FINALLY I FEEL EMPOWERED, COME MY SOY BOY BRETHEREN!! I MEAN SOLOIST!!!! WE HAVE CHANGES TO DOOO!

1 year later, ZOS I CAN'T SOLO IN CYRO BECAUSE A GUILD IS WORKING TOGETHER!!! PLEASE ZOS REMOVE FACTION LOCK!!! AND PLACE PEOPLE IN RANDOM FACTIONS WHEN THEY SIGN UP FOR CYROOOOOO, BECAUSEEE IT'S NOT FAIR THEY ARE GROUPED UPPPPPP, PLEASSEEE CATERRR TO MEEEEEEE!!!

2 years later, ZOS, I can't animation cancel LIKE OTHERS, Please remove it!! It's an EXPLOIT because I cant do ittttt, REMOVEE IT SOOOO EVERYONE ISSS ONN MY LEVELLLLLL, please ZOS CATERRRR TOO MEEEEE!!

3 Years later, ZOS, MY ENEMIES SET ABILITIES ARE BETTER THAN MINES, BECAUSE HE WAS IN A STRAIGHT PUG TRIALLLL ONLY!!! PLEASE REMOVE SETS SO tHeres no ABILITIESSSSS OUTSIDE OUR OWN!!, please ZOS CATERRR TO MEEEE

The mind of the "soloist".

LF CHAD SOLOIST
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as there is already an active discussion on this topic here. Feel free to continue this discussion there.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.