The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Still no nightblade buffs...?

nublife01
nublife01
✭✭✭✭
Honestly our class is being hit hard with the changes to off balance. Magdk was buffed to compensate for the changes. Where is our compensation? Why is nightblade continually nerfed over and over again when it hasn't been remotely overtuned since 7th legion was nerfed (and thats only speaking in terms of stamblade)? We are almost if not just as dependent on off-balance stun as a magdk it is simply not on paper (requires one to play the game to understand this moreover).

Half of our abilities are utterly useless and never used on both stamina and magicka builds, there is absolutely no flow/burst to our clunky abilities, we literally cannot equip our grossly nerfed fear CC because we do not do enough damage to kill anyone with it equipped, all of our burst abilities are ridiculously easy to avoid while taking excessive amounts of time to build up, and we are not used in any high level of pvp/do not exist in high mmr bgs as we completely lack survivability in any sort of group pvp play (along with burst damage) due to abilities such as dark cloak being utterly underpowered and classes such as stamwarden (or any of the other classes) that can literally do everything excessively better than a stamblade can except we can use an ability that makes us go invisible for 2-3 seconds which is currenly more than ever needed as a walking stick just to survive. Literally almost the entire eso community understands how underpowered/clunky nightblade currently is. Literally everyone. The entire pvp community knows this and it is not like we're anything but slightly below average in pve. I'm honestly baffled that there have been absolutely 0 changes and have quit the game (which I have played since its beta release) until I see some sort of change for our very underpowered and excessively nerfed class.

Like this is absolutely ridiculous please fix our class which will now be dang near brokenly underpowered with the next patch. I am completely baffled by the lack of understanding/caring that is going on right now. When a class is negligently kept in such an underpowered state for this long while the most brokenly overpowered class in the game (stamina necromancer) is receiving buffs because below average players that flock to it don't know how to use their spells correctly, it is a blatant sign for me that there are extremely high levels of ignorance and apathy going on and I need to move on and find a different game to play.

post edited for clarity.
Edited by nublife01 on February 23, 2020 10:27AM
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh.. Yeah. Not really much else to say lol.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nb main here ...can I have your stuff?
  • RaggaBomb
    RaggaBomb
    ✭✭
    Absolutelly agree with that
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades were the stand in for both vampires and and necros at the games inception. They have lost this niche but still maintain the vampire theme. Next CHAPTER is vampire related. Nightblades were last in line for class identity and balance overhaul.

Next chapter is vampire themed. Next chapter is also when the class identity and balance pass was supposed to finish originally before they moved on to rebalancing and tweaking passives.

Expect nightblades to get a lot of attention when the chapter releases.

Besides. Spring dlc release usually goes towards under the hood stuff and less towards abilities and balance changes. They usually reserve that for the chapters.

If they dont get any attention then, than you can get mad, but honestly were still kind of par for the course as far as how things are progressing.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch had very little class balance. I expect much more adjustments next patch and the next PTS cycle is like 5 weeks from now.

However, I think the devs tried this patch to solve some classes mechanical problems with gear sets.

Elf bane on a DK really opens up the class.

For NB the added the monster set that screams - "assistance tool for magicka NB to line up a combo". Galerion's Revenge set also will be interesting to play with.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    Nightblades were the stand in for both vampires and and necros at the games inception. They have lost this niche but still maintain the vampire theme. Next CHAPTER is vampire related. Nightblades were last in line for class identity and balance overhaul.

Next chapter is vampire themed. Next chapter is also when the class identity and balance pass was supposed to finish originally before they moved on to rebalancing and tweaking passives.

Besides. Spring dlc release usually goes towards under the hood stuff and less towards abilities and balance changes. They usually reserve that for the chapters.

If they dont get any attention then, than you can get mad, but honestly were still kind of par for the course as far as how things are progressing.

Maybe you’re right, I was sorta thinking they’ll do vampire first and then magblade because there’s usually a synergy between the two.

With that being said, they should try to make it so people don’t have to be a vampire. I know some magblades don’t like vampire, and some are RP people and care more about fluff then min-maxing. Hopefully they take that into account when looking at the class, vampire =/ magblade.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I fellow Nightblade main I recommend taking a break from the game until they buff the class adequately.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    Like this is absolutely ridiculous please fix our class which will now be dang near brokenly underpowered with the next patch. I am completely baffled by the lack of understanding/caring that is going on right now. When a class is negligently kept in such an underpowered state for this long while the most brokenly overpowered class in the game (stamina necromancer) is receiving buffs because below average players that flock to it don't know how to use their spells correctly, it is a blatant sign for me that there are extremely high levels of ignorance and apathy going on and I need to move on and find a different game to play.

Agreed. Please give me my nekoninja back!
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    For NB the added the monster set that screams - "assistance tool for magicka NB to line up a combo". Galerion's Revenge set also will be interesting to play with.

We need properly revised class skills, not a new sets to compensate for the sad status of the class.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »

We need properly revised class skills, not a new sets to compensate for the sad status of the class.

The set isn't even good anyway. It's even less reliable than Merciless Resolve because you need to hit the same exact target with LAs 5 times to proc it. It might be ok for duels or Cyrodiil, I dunno — but in BGs it's garbage.
    Edited by Langeston on February 26, 2020 11:39AM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is still the easiest stamina 1vX class and incredibly formidable 1v1, with the best evasion in shadow cloak, shade, damage mitigation getting 10% from bow, 15% maim from shade, minor protection from dark cloak, damage From incap, bow, surprise attack, free major fracture on mark. Camo hunter was changed literally to give stamblade minor berserk and the removal of major fracture from its surprise attack was a terrific change that helped weed out the meta riders and overpowered zerglings.

Stamblade is still an incredibly strong class, it not being the absolutely best solo class by a country mile seems to make people think its garbage.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Stamblade is still the easiest stamina 1vX class and incredibly formidable 1v1, with the best evasion in shadow cloak, shade, damage mitigation getting 10% from bow, 15% maim from shade, minor protection from dark cloak, damage From incap, bow, surprise attack, free major fracture on mark. Camo hunter was changed literally to give stamblade minor berserk and the removal of major fracture from its surprise attack was a terrific change that helped weed out the meta riders and overpowered zerglings.

Stamblade is still an incredibly strong class, it not being the absolutely best solo class by a country mile seems to make people think its garbage.

I play as a magblade (mainly play in BGs so I can't speak much for duels or Cyrodiil) and for me, stamblades are only marginally more difficult for me to kill than other magblades. If I have no issues killing stamblades as a magblade, (which is pretty much universally acknowledged to be the weakest class) then they're probably not that strong. Literally every other class is substantially more difficult to play against in my experience.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not much better on the PvE side of things; stamblade is obliterated, you hardly ever see them in end-game raids anymore, magNB is more ubiquitous, but damage-wise still behind, and it's gotten to a point where I've seen groups turning NBs away and requiring other specs brought in. For a class that used to be perfectly tailored to damage to become meh, it's a really sad thing to see. NBs needed to be undertuned, but not to this extend, and I don't understand why ZOS hasn't given them anything (except a slightly stronger twisting path, I guess) in quite a while, whereas it has given buffs to other classes.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Question: if you believe that do you play a stamblade? If not, why not?

I hate all these ‘you have everything posts’ when people play other classes. Do you realize it’s impossible to have everything you listed off there in one spec? Some are even different morphs of the same skill.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Thedragonlolitucker

other classes r better for 1vx just run around a rock or tower heal w major mending just block keep vigor up then warden wombo combo or leap on em
  • Thedragonlolitucker

other classes have those minor buffs and better burst combos healing and tankiness
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭

This is the truth though. (except for the mark part, Its just pretty bad) . stamblade is still a top tier class in both duels and 1vx (obviously not for group play synergy). If zos would at one point buff some classes, it should go for dks or stamsorc(that class is virtually non existing at this point with the big dizzy nerf). I play nb now, and I would not mind buffs (who would :P ) , but I would be lying if I said the class needed it.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElvenVeil wrote: »

This is the truth though. (except for the mark part, Its just pretty bad) . stamblade is still a top tier class in both duels and 1vx (obviously not for group play synergy). If zos would at one point buff some classes, it should go for dks or stamsorc(that class is virtually non existing at this point with the big dizzy nerf). I play nb now, and I would not mind buffs (who would :P ) , but I would be lying if I said the class needed it.

No, it is not true.
  • Feizao
    Feizao
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the old healing ward, a great shield that rewarded a burst heal for keeping it up. Freed up some bar space as both a healing and defense tool.
    PS4 NA lsoSO4P
    EP - Dark Elf - MagBlade Vamp
    EP - Nord - Stam/MagDk
    EP - Argonian - StamCro
    EP - Nord - StamPlar/Hybrid Healer
    AD - Khajit - StamBlade/Tank
    AD - Khajit - StormSorc/Hybrid WW
    DC - Breton - MagDen
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

lol go look at what a stam warden has. and no, its obvious you don't know what youre talking about because you think shadowy disguise is good. id take old 7th legion dark cloak build over what we currently have in any situation. sure we can still kill people who are bad at the game but when you face someone who is of equal skill or above you who actually remotely understands the combat mechanics of the game you will understand how underpowered our class actually is.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    ElvenVeil wrote: »

dk's and stamsorcs are much stronger right now. this is why you dont see someone like ogorlord or thogard still playing stamblade they have changed classes due to nerfs. stamsorc just has a higher skill cap than nightblade but it is still very strong. and the off balance changes actually hurt our class way more than any other if you remotely understand anything about stamblade you will know this. i'm sure by the looks of it you do not utilize tactician at all [snip]

[edted to remove comment on moderation]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on March 14, 2020 3:48PM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by nublife01 on March 3, 2020 7:44PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »

Or...

They could take what is left unique about the class and give it away to other classes... just like they did last year, remember ? :/
    Tbh. ZOS learned me one thing: Don't expect nothing good... :disappointed:

• wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, i would vote they kill the class off by adding a cloak with new vamp line.

I have build scenarios in place that will be making fools beg for the bad old nb days to return instead lol
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, i would vote they kill the class off by adding a cloak with new vamp line.

I have build scenarios in place that will be making fools beg for the bad old nb days to return instead lol
    I have some NB class skills/passives less build concepts planed up... and it may sound weird, but I think if you do a combo of mages / fighters guild, Psijic Order, Undaunted, World skills, Weapon / Armour skills.... You may actually be more effective than current NB lol

Anyway, I am not planning to use Vampire (even after re-vamp, it is just not my "thing"). So my NB "class-less" build will probably use Invisibility potion or regular stealth if necessary. Other option is to build around different archetype.

^ Anyway, those are just plans, in case of the worst (like further NB nerfs lol). Not crafting gear or leveling skills yet. Will wait for new PTS.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 9, 2020 9:33PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »

lol go look at what a stam warden has. and no, its obvious you don't know what youre talking about because you think shadowy disguise is good. id take old 7th legion dark cloak build over what we currently have in any situation. sure we can still kill people who are bad at the game but when you face someone who is of equal skill or above you who actually remotely understands the combat mechanics of the game you will understand how underpowered our class actually is.

This is why whenever a warden *** talks me ona NB I instantly burst out laughing like a maniac. It's honestly sad how much of a gap there is.
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 9, 2020 11:10PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they should buff Nightblade until it has trouble sneaking becuase it's muscles are as big as Alex Lois Armstrong.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade needs to have Cloak nerfed significantly, and then they class buffed in other areas to make them a balance class. Nothing in PvP, in any game, is worse than people popping in and out on your screen constantly.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade needs to have Cloak nerfed significantly, and then they class buffed in other areas to make them a balance class. Nothing in PvP, in any game, is worse than people popping in and out on your screen constantly.
    There are plenty of things worse than that.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

cloak has already been nerfed significantly. and it is easily countered with detect pots and almost every class has a main ability to hotbar in their best possible build set up that counters it. this is a l2p issue cloak is far from op. i would pick the old dark cloak build from a few patches ago over shadowy disguise any day though. like if they mess with shadowy disguise anymore than they already have there will be massive outrage. just learn how to counter it man its not that hard.