Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it true guild's threaten people to stay away from emperor?

Commandment
Commandment
✭✭✭
As a semi new player with aspiration's it has come to my attention from watching a video, that apparently certain guilds intently hold emperorship as hostage for ransom. Is this really a thing in ESO where common people or solo players have no chance to become an emperor unless they pay Gold or what ever currency?

I understand having at least a small group of friends. But is it possible to become emperor currently as a solo player with this idea in mind?
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have a crazy amount of free time and a decent way of pumping out the AP, you can get to first on the leaderboard no problem.

You have to be good at rallying your alliance or have enough friends to help you push the map and get crowned.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its virtually impossible to get emp as a solo player, for a serious attempt you need to be pulling around 5-600k AP a day
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are relying on others to get emp. Its just that simple. 100 random players all with different and conflicting agendas is not as strong as a united and committed group. As far as guilds targetting solo players, I wouldnt doubt that players have done despicable things in times of desperation. Thats life.
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know everyone sees things differently but... I really don't see the appeal in achieving emperor. You might as well just hold a sign over your head that reads "I have no life because I play ESO 12+ hours a day"
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been a solo pvper since beta and back in 2015-2016 I solo'd Emperor on 7 day and non cp. I can confirm, in campaigns guilds can hold emperor hostage for their own guild members sometimes but that doesn't guarantee them the top spot in the emperor line. See, guilds run on schedules, which means that they are only active for specific hours as mid-large scale and for the rest of the day your competitors are doing the same grind as you. My advantage was natural-born insomnia which means I grinded from the start of the campaign to the time I got emperor (which was 5 days btw) while my competition was busy sleeping.

At the time of getting first place, the main guild attempting to hold emp hostage would stop playing the map entirely till they got ahead again with the guy they were trying to emp- which after the second day stopped happening. My score was a steady 1 mil lead above the next guy below me and the guild started sending me death threats and even tried bribing me. It was at that point I knew the whole campaign that held emp hostage was at my mercy.

After 3 more long days of the same routine of them talking smack, sabotaging me at every chance they got, and begging for me to stop so they can go back to winning the campaign, the pugs finally gave in and I learned how to direct players through zone chat alone and got them to take the ring for me and emperor was mine and a long well earned 20 hour sleep followed.

So, long story short, yes, guilds sometimes do hold emp hostage, but that does not mean its impossible to emp solo! It just takes endurance, knowledge on how to grind ap solo, and patience. Nowadays there is hope though, very few guilds sell emp to their members anymore and most people grinding it are solo or small scale makes it significantly easier.

Im still groupless to this day and if you need tips on solo ap grinding ide be glad to help too.
    Edited by Carespanker on February 20, 2020 3:01AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest challenge to get Emporer solo, of even with running with a small group, is getting people to help capture the required keeps at the time you are ready to push. Building alliances with other groups and even groups in other factions goes a long way. Ofc this is also scratch my back and I scratch your back type of thing.

Even with that it still takes a significant time investment to keep atop the leaderboard for your alliance. This part is what keep most players out of contention for Emporer most of the time.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand having at least a small group of friends. But is it possible to become emperor currently as a solo player with this idea in mind?

The only good thing is that the zone is as corrupted as the Imperial lore. Abnurs half-sister is a pink sissy compared to the Cyrodiil mob. Sad enough that neither Ayrenn, nor Jorunn or Emeric know how corrupted their warlords and champions are.

Edited by mague on February 18, 2020 9:11AM
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been a solo pvper since beta and back in 2015-2016 I solo'd Emperor on 7 day and non cp. I can confirm, in campaigns guilds can hold emperor hostige for their own guild members sometimes but that doesn't guarantee them the top spot in the emperor line. See, guilds run on schedules, which means that they are only active for specific hours as mid-large scale and for the rest of the day your competitors are doing the same grind as you. My advantage was natural-born insomnia which means I grinded from the start of the campaign to the time I got emperor (which was 5 days btw) while my competition was busy sleeping.

At the time of getting first place, the main guild attempting to hold emp hostage would stop playing the map entirely till they got ahead again with the guy they were trying to emp- which after the second day stopped happening. My score was a steady 1 mil lead above the next guy below me and the guild started sending me death threats and even tried bribing me. It was at that point I knew the whole campaign that held emp hostage was at my mercy.

After 3 more long days of the same routine of them talking smack, sabotaging me at every chance they got, and begging for me to stop so they can go back to winning the campaign, the pugs finally gave in and I learned how to direct players through zone chat alone and got them to take the ring for me and emperor was mine and a long well earned 20 hour sleep followed.

So, long story short, yes, guilds sometimes do hold emp hostage, but that does not mean its impossible to emp solo! It just takes endurance, knowledge on how to grind ap solo, and patience. Nowadays there is hope though, very few guilds sell emp to their members anymore and most people grinding it are solo or small scale makes it significantly easier.

Im still groupless to this day and if you need tips on solo ap grinding ide be glad to help too.

I would definitely appreciate tips, all I can find so far is spamming repair walls (apparently)
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting to leaderboards is no biggy.

I find myself in leaderboards even by playing casually everyday.

But once you give in and stop playing one day it is off.

So for Emperor, you need to quit everything and focus on the game and play.

Also you need to know where to leech, where to go etc.

People will naturally try to crown you because they want health bonus even if they don't care about your emperorship.

At least that is what I do :joy:
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been a solo pvper since beta and back in 2015-2016 I solo'd Emperor on 7 day and non cp. I can confirm, in campaigns guilds can hold emperor hostige for their own guild members sometimes but that doesn't guarantee them the top spot in the emperor line. See, guilds run on schedules, which means that they are only active for specific hours as mid-large scale and for the rest of the day your competitors are doing the same grind as you. My advantage was natural-born insomnia which means I grinded from the start of the campaign to the time I got emperor (which was 5 days btw) while my competition was busy sleeping.

I would definitely appreciate tips, all I can find so far is spamming repair walls (apparently)

Wall repair is for zerglings, don't ever waste your time with it unless the literal entirety of the map is your factions color and you have nothing better to do.

First step to grinding AP: Make sure you have a build that can kill players and solo resources. Apart from leaching off zergs, soloing farms, lumbermills, and mines with ease while killing everyone you see solo is the fastest form of AP grinding in the game.

Second step, keep the delve buff applied to you as often as you can. Killing a delve boss is a 20% AP inc for an hour or so, also be sure not to go for the same one every time because most take forever to respawn.

Third step, know where zergs go and what they will actually take. If , Kaal pug wrangler yells "Push brindle" 9 times out of 10 they are going to take it, now if he yells "ALESSIA" like he usually does, that generally means that he is going to start a fight there and pull back to the bridge to troll AD for about 3 hours straight, which is literal trash for emp farming so always choose the fights you know you will win.

Fourth step, always mooch more than anyone else. If a zerg is taking a keep, go ahead and take some RSS while they fight for it. Just make sure you get back to the keep in time for the capture tick. (same works for defense)

Fifth step, its just patience. If you are truely solo, then you need to have all the time in the world. Focus on AP grinding, ignore your competition and zone chat, and build up a big ol lead for your faction to get you emperor sometime in the afternoon primetime if you are lucky. (well that is if your faction has any sway in that campaign at all to do that) If you cant be bothered to wait with your lead, always attempt to wrangle pugs to do your bidding for you in the off hours of the night when no one can stop you.

Follow all this correctly and you will have a title that almost everyone over rank 20 but under rank 40 has by default.
    Edited by Carespanker on February 18, 2020 10:10PM
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of any threats but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Though what they could possibly threaten you with that would matter in an online game is beyond me. I do know some try to farm emp and it can be bought and sold or given away. This is why you'll sometimes see a person at the top of the campaign leaderboard with emp and then they suddenly leave the campaign so when the faction emps again, the next person in line gets it. As others have said, you can certainly emp solo but you need to be seriously dedicated and also good at convincing pugs to follow your lead.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

Wall repair is for zerglings, don't ever waste your time with it unless the literal entirety of the map is red and you have nothing better to do.

First step to grinding AP: Make sure you have a build that can kill players and solo resources. Apart from leaching off zergs, soloing farms, lumbermills, and mines with ease while killing everyone you see solo is the fastest form of AP grinding in the game.

Second step, keep the delve buff applied to you as often as you can. Killing a delve boss is a 20% AP inc for an hour or so, also be sure not to go for the same one every time because most take forever to respawn.

Third step, know where zergs go and what they will actually take. If , Kaal pug wrangler yells "Push brindle" 9 times out of 10 they are going to take it, now if he yells "ALESSIA" like he usually does, that generally means that he is going to start a fight there and pull back to the bridge to troll AD for about 3 hours straight, which is literal trash for emp farming so always choose the fights you know you will win.

Fourth step, always mooch more than anyone else. If a zerg is taking a keep, go ahead and take some RSS while they fight for it. Just make sure you get back to the keep in time for the capture tick. (same works for defense)

Fifth step, its just patience. If you are truely solo, then you need to have all the time in the world. Focus on AP grinding, ignore your competition and zone chat, and build up a big ol lead for your faction to get you emperor sometime in the afternoon primetime if you are lucky. (well that is if your faction has any sway in that campaign at all to do that) If you cant be bothered to wait with your lead, always attempt to wrangle pugs to do your bidding for you in the off hours of the night when no one can stop you.

Follow all this correctly and you will have a title that almost everyone over rank 20 but under rank 40 has by default.

Thanks a lot, I'll keep this in mind!

• stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea you can in 7 days.

You need to no-life and play at early hours taking keeps to get your crown. Organise pugs and be able to take keeps solo/duo atleast.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea you can in 7 days.

You need to no-life and play at early hours taking keeps to get your crown. Organise pugs and be able to take keeps solo/duo atleast.

Yeah, the extra campaigns are a good place to try when they open them for events. Also it goes without saying to get in early too. You got a much better shot if you start as soon as the campaign resets/opens, don't let someone else build a lead first.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU non CP the top spot has more than a million AP during the first day. first places are all from guilds/bought. they leave campaign after reaching emp and the next pushed char is getting emp. has never been so obvious as in this campaign.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are certain trolls and idiots that I wouldn't waste a rez on muchless the effort to crown them Emp. That said, they're the exceptions rather than the rule.

I have read about some servers where one faction basically owns the server and some guilds or groups will sell Emp if you're pretty high up on the leaderboard. I disagree with that practice and simply don't home on servers like that.

The hard part of getting Emp is staying number 1 on the leaderboard long enough for an opportunity to Emp to come into play. It generally take a lot of effort from a lot of people to crown an Emp and often it takes several attempts to make it happen. To add to what Carespanker said, when you find a good zerg to surf make sure to tag as many enemy players as you can so that you get some of the AP when they die.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Commandment Emperor will go to whoever plays the most hours making reasonable AP. If you really want it, as of reset day you have to be the one to choose the least sleep. You may not be the first to get it on the campaign, but if you're in it for the long haul then you'll be able to get ahead.

I've written a few guides that may help:
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    It is possible. Two of my friends in my guild did it on the most challenging 30 day CP campaign. They made sure to get the blessing of war which increases your AP, by killing any of the bosses in the delves in Cyrodiil. A lot of people new to the game are unaware of this content. But yes there is an AP buff you get that can help you. Just stay active and get AP. It will help running with a guild or group that is doing things like taking keeps, resources and killing players efficiently. If you did this about 8 hours a day you can get in the number one spot to qualify for Emp.
    Edited by ServerusEcru on February 24, 2020 9:44PM
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    @Commandment Emperor will go to whoever plays the most hours making reasonable AP. If you really want it, as of reset day you have to be the one to choose the least sleep. You may not be the first to get it on the campaign, but if you're in it for the long haul then you'll be able to get ahead.

I've written a few guides that may help:

+1 for @crowns guides.

Emp is possible, you just need a plan.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD leaderboards on Xbox is populated largely by bombers who specialise in bombing the inside of keeps after they've been taken. Their faction I am sure is very grateful for all the help....
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    EU non CP the top spot has more than a million AP during the first day. first places are all from guilds/bought. they leave campaign after reaching emp and the next pushed char is getting emp. has never been so obvious as in this campaign.

Leaving the campaign after the emp title is actually decent behavior, and people can be expected to do it, at least the first 3 or 4 Emps for each campaign.

If it takes a bribe so be it - but most do it without.

There is no great conspiracy behind it - and I should REALLY know in the case of PC EU no CP ;)
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.