The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battle among the Bones of Unhallowed Grave"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
c3217104a16bd648afc20dcdfb5f938e.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Battle Among the Bones of Unhallowed Grave" blog article.

Explore an ancient burial site and banish its invaders in Unhallowed Grave, one of the two new dungeons coming with the Harrowstorm DLC game pack.
Staff Post
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Question for Mr. Finnigan and the dungeon design team --

Mr. Finnigan, Do you realize a lot of groups just want to rush to the end of a dungeon for their Undaunted Key -- if they even want to do a DLC dungeon at all?
    Many players are even trying to separate DLC dungeons from the Random Queue.
    When can players get a SOLO STORY MODE so we can properly experience the story in a dungeon?
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really dislike whole redguard theme, they are very boring to me, but that final boss fight and overall dungeon design gameplay-wise are both awesome.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would soo pay extra for a story mode

Public Dungeon difficulty, no loot, no xp, no skill point

Just me and the story and the gorgeous setting, all the time in the world to read the books and just breath it all in

I’ve spent years looking for story groups in dungeons but I am convinced they are a myth. Even when I find one one that claims to do that there is always some ignorant lump that will just skip things anyway. It’s just such a shame, all those base game dungeons and I only know what the story is in a handful of them 😓

For me it’s plot first and always will be, I don’t run dungeons anymore because I cannot experience the plot! Without that the dungeons are simply pointless to me.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even when I find one one that claims to do that there is always some ignorant lump that will just skip things anyway.

^THIS.
    And as soon as some idiot ruins it you have to start all over.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I have to ask:

With lines like "the events of this new dungeon lead directly into the upcoming Greymoor Chapter and the year-long Dark Heart of Skyrim adventure..."

Are these two dungeons going to be necessary to understand the year-long story?

I ask because brand new players are presumably starting off in a new Greymoor tutorial. In any case, once again, they cannot experience the story line in chronological order seeing as how DLC dungeons don't unlock in groupfinder until level 45.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even when I find one one that claims to do that there is always some ignorant lump that will just skip things anyway.

@ZOS_Finn Are you aware that most of the player base is incredibly selfish? I've just had yet another incident where I asked for help with a dungeon boss and up front, specifically asked that they didn't rush ahead.
    I just needed help with the one boss fight -- I had soloed all the way to that point so that I could take in the story without asking other players to wait on me while I talked to NPCs and looked for lore books.

As soon as the fight was over, they all rushed ahead and gave excuses. "I didn't know" "I was just following someone else".
    How convenient that they didn't read that one thing. More likely they were happy to have one of the DLC dungeons short-cut to just the last two boss fights so they could collect their loot and leave.

And now with Antiquities leads in dungeons, the situation is made even worse with players rushing through just for the leads.

Have you forgotten that new players are entering the system as well? And that maybe they actually want to experience the story and content?
    Have you looked a play patterns and realized that players don't even read the books you put in the dungeons? They just click to open it and collect it for Eidetic Memory then move on. Many groups don't even bother looking for treasure chests anymore - -they are just rushing to the end or forced to run after others.

A SOLO dungeon mode is long overdue.

Not just for the reasons mentioned above but also OTHER proofs that players are incredibly selfish -- fake roles just to skip the group finder queue. Rushing ahead and leaving the rest of the team behind -- None of these players really care about grouping. They just want their random dungeon daily bonus reward and would probably go solo if they could. But they can't, so they ruin the experience for other players.
    None of the group play mechanic tricks you have tried in Season of the Dragon and now Greymoor has changed any of this behavior.

Look at play patterns in the game and admit that what players really want is a Solo mode.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 6, 2020 7:56PM