The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Adornment Pack

Aendruu
Aendruu
✭✭✭
I recently purchased the adornment pack from the Crown Store, and I'm afraid it was pretty disappointing: the earrings and circlets are generally race/gender specific, thus rendering most of the pack completely unusable. I can understand that there's most likely clipping issues for interracial jewellery, but why on Nirn should the nicest circlets be for females only? (My apologies, I can only speak from a male character's perspective.)

Caveat emptor, folks!
"So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
- Regring the Spinner
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to preview all of it before buying.
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    It is possible to preview all of it before buying.

True enough, although it was my first ever purchase as a new player, and I didn't realise that I could check compatibility per item in such a large pack. Regardless, it would be nice if at least jewellery was more unisex.
    "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add to that, being an Altmer for years, I didn't realize the adornments changed color per race! I changed to Breton and low and behold my adornments changed from a beautiful gold to silver! Small detail to be sure, but when designing outfits and characters, especially the role playing community, this is a bit frustrating. Maybe if they were dye able so that the color one wants isn't locked behind a race.
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add to that, being an Altmer for years, I didn't realize the adornments changed color per race! I changed to Breton and low and behold my adornments changed from a beautiful gold to silver! Small detail to be sure, but when designing outfits and characters, especially the role playing community, this is a bit frustrating. Maybe if they were dye able so that the color one wants isn't locked behind a race.

It's not necessarily the race, the colour of the adornments depends on your character's hair colour. (Which is why there sometimes are two hair colours which seem almost identical.) But yes, I would also prefer it if you could could freely switch between the different versions - for example via right-click on the collectible.

Edit: It would also be nice, if the jewlery/hairs that are currently exclusive to one gender could be modified so that the other can wear them as well.
    Edited by Anska on February 12, 2020 6:35PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Race/gender lock should be removed both from adornments and hairstyles.
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    Anska wrote: »

It's not necessarily the race, the colour of the adornments depends on your character's hair colour. (Which is why there sometimes are two hair colours which seem almost identical.) But yes, I would also prefer it if you could could freely switch between the different versions - for example via right-click on the collectible.

Edit: It would also be nice, if the jewlery/hairs that are currently exclusive to one gender could be modified so that the other can wear them as well.

As always even after years on this game...there are still subtle details they never mention or explain as to why. Lol thank you for the clarification! My character has always had gold colored hair to blend with my Clockwork theme. However after switching to Breton from Altmer (yet maintaining my same hair color) the adornments that once were a nice complementary gold have all changed to a bright silver. Confusing to say the least.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as male characters can wear the Nordic Bather's Towel, I see no logical reason why the jewellery shouldn't also be unisex.

Maybe a few items wouldn't really work, but there again, neither does the Bather's Towel, if you're going to be picky. :lol:
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 19, 2020 6:46PM