Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Do gold jewelry crafting writs drop any more?

Gracous
Gracous
✭✭✭
Do gold jewelry crafting writs drop any more? I haven't gotten one in ages...like months.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gracous wrote: »
    Do gold jewelry crafting writs drop any more? I haven't gotten one in ages...like months.

They are now "very rare" (They basically moved the old purple to be blue, and the old gold to be purple)

I have gotten a total of 6 of them since they changed, and I regularly do writs on 36 characters.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    They are now "very rare"
    This. I've gotten only one, and it's 606 vouchers I believe.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done 18 toons worth of writs daily since the change that added the new improved gold jewelry master writs and have only ever received 1. All of my toons have max jewelry traits. They are just that rare.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a purple even.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i just gave up doing them
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had maybe a dozen purple ones since the change was introduced,but not one gold.
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. I'm glad i'm not the only one :)
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done 18 toons worth of writs daily since the change that added the new improved gold jewelry master writs and have only ever received 1. All of my toons have max jewelry traits. They are just that rare.

Exactly the same for me. Oh well, now it's going to be ages until my last seven characters get their gold achievement and the remaining set tables for the guild crafting hall will take a long time to get.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if I got one I wouldn't be able to do it. But as it is I haven't gotten ANY master writs in a few weeks.
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭

I have gotten a total of 6 of them since they changed, and I regularly do writs on 36 characters.

Hol up.

You do writes on 36 characters. Daily?

How long does that actually take to do each day?

Is this more viable to generate profit than other means?

Or is this about having easier access to writs for other options?

Because to me... doing 36 character's worth of crafting writs daily would feel like that's basically all I'd be doing in the game!

That's insane!

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Austacker wrote: »

Hol up.

You do writes on 36 characters. Daily?

How long does that actually take to do each day?

Is this more viable to generate profit than other means?

Or is this about having easier access to writs for other options?

Because to me... doing 36 character's worth of crafting writs daily would feel like that's basically all I'd be doing in the game!

That's insane!

When I have time yes.

My personal best to do all 36 is 92 minutes. I have two instances of the game open, and when one is in a load screen, I'm doing the writs on the other, and just alternate back and forth. Being on PC, add-ons make the process much smoother.

Right now, I'm much busier with work, so I really only do all 36 on the weekends, and maybe some on my main account only during the week.

I probably average 100 minutes to do all 36, and I can make approximately 600k a day in profit from those writs, if I sell all the materials, do the master writs, etc... I don't think there's much more viable than that to generate profit (other than perhaps buying and flipping, but I hate shopping even in real life)

I use the gold to buy things I don't want to grind for in the game. I have almost no interest in running vFG1 for the monster helm style pages 100 times since I've already run it 1000 times in the past, so I just buy them.

To me, writs are a way to relax and unwind. I usually have a TV show or music, or something else going on while I do them, and just relax and decompress.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're on PC and running Lazy Writ Crafter, then they're pretty mindless to do. From what I understand, all you have to do is pick up the writs, then turn them in. The add-on even opens all your boxes.

If you're on console, like me, then it takes far longer to do them. I try to craft ahead of time for a week, but it takes a lot of time out of one day to do that, plus your characters have to have the inventory space to hold the writ items. If I pre-craft, then on days when I only have to pick up/turn in, it's not so bad, though there is extra time spent opening the boxes. And I'm only doing them on 11 characters, which still takes about 90 minutes due to increased load times on console.

I basically only do them now on my main during the week and then all of them on the weekend if I feel like doing all the crafting on Friday evening.

But back on topic, I haven't yet gotten a gold master writ on console, but then I'm not doing them everyday on all 11 characters. I have, though, gotten 2 gold MWs on PC, where I hardly ever play (so no add-ons) and only have one crafter that does the dailies. I have gotten 3, I think, purple ones on console. I've also gotten 5 blue writs in one day. :s Used to be able to sell those on XB quite regularly at 1,000; then 500; then 250; and now barely 50 gold per voucher. I know they've tanked harder than that on PC, possibly because of add-ons allowing players to do writs more quickly/easily so the market was flooded sooner.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 7, 2020 8:34PM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only 1 and it was for 550 writs I believe.

Here is my routine that I do on characters that only craft. Start in thieves’ guild in Vivic city; pick up dark brotherhood alchemy bag for the day. Go collect all seven writs. Log out.

The next day I log on character and do the writs I already have from yesterday and do them for that day as well. The writs rotate every 3 days. Therefore, I have the writs for each day written down and just make 2 days’ worth at a time. The food is on a six-day rotation but I just make 100 at a time when needed. Alchemy I make 200 up. Any alchemy writ that takes calls for expensive ingredients or rarer ones like nirnroot I just skip. Not worth it in my opinion.

Once I turn in yesterday’s writs, I pick up the current days writs and turn them in. Open boxes and sell what I want. Go back to thieves guild and pick up dark brotherhood and log out to restart the schedule again.

This way I do not need to store, any extra items in my bag or bank to turn in and I collect the dark brotherhood with as few loading screens as possible.

If I decide to play that character for the day, I just park them wherever they are supposed to be for when I log in for the next day.

I find on console this routine works best since I only need to craft every other day.
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on February 7, 2020 11:38PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got any since jewelry crafting changes went live... Only blue n purple.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #2 today found 635 or 665 writs, can't remember exactly.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's apparent that Jewelry writs match up to other craft with a step in levels. A blue jJC writ rewards like a purple smithing one, a purple like a smithing gold, and a gold JC writ is up beyond all others. The difficulty matches, too, with the material slog involved. So if purple JC writs drop at rates similar to other crafts' golds, we're doing OK.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    It's apparent that Jewelry writs match up to other craft with a step in levels. A blue jJC writ rewards like a purple smithing one, a purple like a smithing gold, and a gold JC writ is up beyond all others. The difficulty matches, too, with the material slog involved. So if purple JC writs drop at rates similar to other crafts' golds, we're doing OK.

I have not specifically tracked, but anecdotal evidence would seem to be that this is the case.
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    I got one recently and it was 606 writs. Around 785g per writ to do and I used it. Definitely the most economical jewelry writ to do.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got one recently and it was 606 writs. Around 785g per writ to do and I used it. Definitely the most economical jewelry writ to do.

I just got my first gold one on console this past weekend. 606 vouchers, as well.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Only 1 and it was for 550 writs I believe.

Here is my routine that I do on characters that only craft. Start in thieves’ guild in Vivic city; pick up dark brotherhood alchemy bag for the day. Go collect all seven writs. Log out.

The next day I log on character and do the writs I already have from yesterday and do them for that day as well. The writs rotate every 3 days. Therefore, I have the writs for each day written down and just make 2 days’ worth at a time. The food is on a six-day rotation but I just make 100 at a time when needed. Alchemy I make 200 up. Any alchemy writ that takes calls for expensive ingredients or rarer ones like nirnroot I just skip. Not worth it in my opinion.

Once I turn in yesterday’s writs, I pick up the current days writs and turn them in. Open boxes and sell what I want. Go back to thieves guild and pick up dark brotherhood and log out to restart the schedule again.

This way I do not need to store, any extra items in my bag or bank to turn in and I collect the dark brotherhood with as few loading screens as possible.

If I decide to play that character for the day, I just park them wherever they are supposed to be for when I log in for the next day.

I find on console this routine works best since I only need to craft every other day.

I've done that in the past, but even then, it's crafting stuff every other day. Since all 11 of my characters do crafting writs, and I've largely tired of doing them, I only do them on the weekends now, so it's easiest for me to just spend Friday evening crafting a set of all three gear writs for each character for the weekend. I already have food and potions pre-crafted in stacks.

My main does them pretty much every day, so I don't mind crafting them each day for her.

But, whatever routines we come up with, it's still much more work than using the add-on for PC. :(