The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamcro pve....gotta love me?

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, patch day so time for another useless but maybe informative post about who knows what. Stamcros, seem to be top dogs still when it come to stam dps in pve but I gotta ask...why? Is it based solely on the Ulti? Is that thing that ridiculously strong that its pushing the class up that much? ANd if so, then what if you took it away, would Stamnecros still be the badass that they seem/claim to be? Ya gotta wonder.
I would love to play one, just cuz its a different playstyle and all but its still clunky as (to me). Has anyone played them on pts with the changes and if so is the game play more fluid? Or is it that pretty much any Stam class can just equip Wrecking Blow and be big guns in the room? Again just looking at Esologs (someone has to ZOS put a lot of effort into that tool) your top Stam all seem to using wrecking blow spam as the go to, with the exception of Stamplars, jabs is just...damn. :pensive:
So yea, pull the Ulti and then who is Big Kahuna?
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancers get +15% to their damage over time. Great news for Deadly Cloak, Bloodcraze and Bloodthirst if you are a Dual-Wielder. So, according to my calculations, (which are rocket-science and cutting edge!) if you are silly enough to put on something like a Deadly Strike set for another 20% and then maybe get two Axes plus the Blooddrinker set *and* Stinging Slashes from Dragonstar then that would probably get you a..

Bloody Necromancer?

• MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    In addition to that 15% damage over time buff and Major vulnerability they also have 1500 free penetration, the strongest buff in game.

Extra health, so there is a smaller penalty for using Regen food

100% crit chance at execute, which coincides with bloodthirsty, the other strongest DPS buff in game

Detonating Siphon. It's free 4,500 dps that doesn't use a global cool down, you could activate it as if you were drinking a potion between skills. Gotta have a corpse on the ground first, though, but that's going to happen plenty of times since summoning the dead is part of the rotation.

None of the necro damage hinges on perfect light attack weaving, so it's easy mode

It easily out-dpses my stamblade without even using the ultimate

In spite of all that, sometimes bugs happen and you'll lose DPS. Although I haven't noticed this yet on PTS.
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on February 18, 2020 3:01PM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to that 15% damage over time buff and Major vulnerability they also have 1500 free penetration, the strongest buff in game.

Extra health, so there is a smaller penalty for using Regen food

100% crit chance at execute, which coincides with bloodthirsty, the other strongest DPS buff in game

Detonating Siphon. It's free 4,500 dps that doesn't use a global cool down, you could activate it as if you were drinking a potion between skills. Gotta have a corpse on the ground first, though, but that's going to happen plenty of times since summoning the dead is part of the rotation.

None of the necro damage hinges on perfect light attack weaving, so it's easy mode

It easily out-dpses my stamblade without even using the ultimate

In spite of all that, sometimes bugs happen and you'll lose DPS. Although I haven't noticed this yet on PTS.

Wow, they got all the goodies at Christmas!! ;)