The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[HARROWSTORM FEEDBACK]: the good, the bad and the ugly.

Moonsorrow
Moonsorrow
✭✭✭✭✭
- Guild promotion function improvement. This is a nice change - thank you ZOS! :)

- New Gear Sets are mostly great & fun and gonna be using many of them in both pvp & pve. While some are more niche type of material & for "fun builds" - it is great that you do sets for them(us) too. Some are really great and have nice visual effects as a bonus. Yeah, i like cool visuals if i make a themed character. Caluurion`s set is one the best examples of a cool set with awesome "proc effect" visual and audio cue - that effect on your shoulders and the Caluurions Lich laughing you hear - pure awesomeness, now THAT is pure Power Fantasy (your term) bliss everytime it procs. Caluurion`s is an older set, but used as an example of a cool set. From the new sets the Aegis Caller looks awesome as an example. :)

- Also remember in future too to make fun and efficient group support sets especially for PVE tanks, because lets be honest - tank amounts on PVE have been declining and ratio vs dps & healers is low - so always people have to wait at Dungeon Queues mostly for TANKS. PVP in itself does not need more "pure tanking" sets in close future, people can already be tanky like a demi-god there with combining pve and pvp sets or by stacking so much weapon power/stats that the heals get so big as a side effect with the damage that it is hard to get through the massive HoT ticks without 1-2-3 seconds burst combos.

- I know and understand it (hitting the right mark on healing values) is a complicated issue though, with balancing things same time with PVE side. So nerfing healing so it would affect PVE is not a solution if you plan to do (again, like you did last year in Elsweyr times) such. The only real solution in the end is to make healing be affected by it`s own "stat" the most, so cannot stack both damage and healing at the same time with the same stat. I know it would be a painful solution to most (to me too), but that would make healers as a role to be real healers, dps would need healers and so would tanks, tanks should keep obviously their % based emergency heals they have since those are often needed at the hardest Vet contents, but those should be adjusted so that those also would not be then the next FOTM thing to cheese on pvp.

- Remember Battle Spirit exists. Easiest solution to "tank zerg meta" is to stay at current combat model obviously - but just adjust Battle Spirit to decrease Healing from other players X amount atleast so "zerg cross-healing" would not make Sieges and everything almost pointless. Using Battle Spirit would mean it would not affect PVE at all. WIN-WIN. People would more often on Cyrodiil have to make breaches on walls (possible several sides) again and not just on main gate and stand under 6 Oils pouring on them to no effect because the cross-healing is so huge that Sieges are like nothing. So Cyrodiil has just become massive zergs spamming heals and standing under Oils/Sieges and waiting for door to open so can flood in and repeat same on Inner gate. Exciting (not). Tactics should win battles, not just big numbers with cross-heal spam. Or is it just me who thinks so? Do people actually like useless Sieges and the "healtank zergs" play that has been going on now for a while?

- Tanking needs fun and good sets and tanking should not be made frustrating or feel like a damn thankless job due to nerfs because someone blocked someones attacks at PVP. Please leave PVE tanking mechanisms alone (aka do not screw up blocking if you feel like it needs changes), i know your intentions are good - but please listen to the feedback from us who play the game like it was our lives(lol).

- Since you can do little QoL changes like these (Guild promotion and other function improvements, like the Guild Finder tool was great also) - wish you would sometimes listen to those of us who play both pve & pvp like 24/7 and know the game what comes to class/skill balance and act on that feedback also, so would not then have to do them big back and forth nerfs and buffs every 3-4 months because ignored our feedback at every PTS.

- Combat/Class balance will sadly be rather messed up for the next months again due to not acting on our feedback. You show always you can make good and reasonable changes, but when it comes to class/skill balance it is like.. you just make FOTM specs so all meta people play then just 1 or 2 specs and it makes pvp (especially) boring when there all running the same thing as long as can to cheese it out (until it is nerfed to the ground at next big patch after your data shows masses play only 1 type of thing that you dislike - since you always NUKE type of nerf it then) and then run the next big thing after that.

- I mean, you would sell Elsweyr/Necro even without having Stamcro be the Terminator 3000 with Major Defile crazy uptime on a regular ranged skill that also hits like a truck - in both pve & pvp. I know the FOTM threadmill can make some coin out of new players who not yet have all classes so they reroll and possibly spend on it, but.. us oldies who already got all classes - we would like to play the game with all our classes and feel they all are viable & competitive. I know a close illusion of balance atleast is possible. You can do it!

- We will support you financially with our Credit Cards if we feel playing a fun & decently balanced game where all classes are fun to play and not frustrating when against the current FOTM monster (be that whatever it currently is) since it makes things boring when so many hop on only on same class/spec for MONTHS. What i mean is that if also those people who have a "main" feel they are having fun and can be competitive with that class/spec then they for sure keep paying their ESO+ and so on and spending for Vanity Items (to look cool heh). Rerolling to a competitive class/spec gets old when it in this game happens so often.

- Class/skill big changes (up and down every 3 months) are not content that players like to play, we would just like to play a decently balanced game with all our classes - thank you!

PS. I love the game so am passionate about it. I often feel like i live more in Tamriel than in real life - yeah yeah sad you might think. I say it`s not sad - but true hardcore gaming. <3

Last year for me has taken this game from a AAA game to just AA game, due to the Audit making the game less fun with all ups and downs and too strong FOTM switches since our PTS feedback gets most often ignored. You got smart people working there, you would get it back to AAA by recognizing and listening to the right feedback and acting up on it too. I know, tight schedules to get the quarterly content packages out, but.. if my dream of a decent balance ever happens i will shout "YEAAAHHH!!" as loud as the Epic Finnigan at E3. :p

tl/dr: Yes, this is a wall of text. I feel better now that it is all written down for the 3 people who actually read long posts, time to go make some tea, a sandwich and go to Cyrodiil. Have a great day everyone! :smiley:
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    - I know and understand it (hitting the right mark on healing values) is a complicated issue though, with balancing things same time with PVE side. So nerfing healing so it would affect PVE is not a solution if you plan to do (again, like you did last year in Elsweyr times) such. The only real solution in the end is to make healing be affected by it`s own "stat" the most, so cannot stack both damage and healing at the same time with the same stat. I know it would be a painful solution to most (to me too), but that would make healers as a role to be real healers, dps would need healers and so would tanks, tanks should keep obviously their % based emergency heals they have since those are often needed at the hardest Vet contents, but those should be adjusted so that those also would not be then the next FOTM thing to cheese on pvp.

You 100% correct, and I agree with you. This is the only way to force a fix for both PvE and PvP. This won't happen and they will blanket a 35-50% nerf instead. Why? Because its easier, they don't have to remake entire item sets, and it won't make the community that would be impacted by this rage.

What will happen after? Nothing will really change. Mid tier groups will get hurt, PvP will still be imbalanced, and even with reduced healing it just means healers for other content are even more looked down on.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think cross healing in PvP would be less of an issue if they allowed us to change in our settings our "smart healing priority". What I am saying is a lot of cross healing is accidental 😂 i.e. trying to apply regeneration and healing everyone but yourself. If you could simply switch priority to self rather than lowest health ally that would reduce things significantly.

You could also add to battle spirit that healing is reduced by 70% from ally's. As an increase from the current 50%.

That way pve isn't effected and ball groups are killable 🥳
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -

- We will support you financially with our Credit Cards if we feel playing a fun & decently balanced game

I agree with everything you stated but this quote specifically I wanted to highlight. I love the game and will support as long as they stop the sweeping nerfs and start targeting the right feedback.
    Edited by Valykc on February 15, 2020 6:43PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ++
    It is excellent feedback, I hope devs will read it.
    As for now subscription cancelled and I don't have much wish to re-download game when patch lands.. this off-balance changes are really disheartening.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love some of the suggested combat fixes. Like even a small 20% reduction of healing from other players would have a major impact on zerg tank/healer meta, and making healing abilities scale more off of a new stat would really help to distinguish the role from damage dealers and possibly balance pvp more (in terms of 1vX). The majorly needed change I am still waiting for is the rework of the Champion Point system to be non-combat. This would simplify balancing across the board, as CP power creep is insane and the % stat modifiers cause so many ridiculously broken builds.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baby steps are better than taking a sledgehammer to healing.

I think a good idea to start would be to replace the Combat Medic passive in the Support tree. That's your 20% right there.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We will support you financially with our Credit Cards if we feel playing a fun & decently balanced game"

Which is not and why I haven't spent more than 15 dollars on this game in a year lol.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Guild promotion function improvement. This is a nice change - thank you ZOS! :)

- New Gear Sets are mostly great & fun and gonna be using many of them in both pvp & pve. While some are more niche type of material & for "fun builds" - it is great that you do sets for them(us) too. Some are really great and have nice visual effects as a bonus. Yeah, i like cool visuals if i make a themed character. Caluurion`s set is one the best examples of a cool set with awesome "proc effect" visual and audio cue - that effect on your shoulders and the Caluurions Lich laughing you hear - pure awesomeness, now THAT is pure Power Fantasy (your term) bliss everytime it procs. Caluurion`s is an older set, but used as an example of a cool set. From the new sets the Aegis Caller looks awesome as an example. :)

- Also remember in future too to make fun and efficient group support sets especially for PVE tanks, because lets be honest - tank amounts on PVE have been declining and ratio vs dps & healers is low - so always people have to wait at Dungeon Queues mostly for TANKS. PVP in itself does not need more "pure tanking" sets in close future, people can already be tanky like a demi-god there with combining pve and pvp sets or by stacking so much weapon power/stats that the heals get so big as a side effect with the damage that it is hard to get through the massive HoT ticks without 1-2-3 seconds burst combos.

- Remember Battle Spirit exists. Easiest solution to "tank zerg meta" is to stay at current combat model obviously - but just adjust Battle Spirit to decrease Healing from other players X amount atleast so "zerg cross-healing" would not make Sieges and everything almost pointless. Using Battle Spirit would mean it would not affect PVE at all. WIN-WIN. People would more often on Cyrodiil have to make breaches on walls (possible several sides) again and not just on main gate and stand under 6 Oils pouring on them to no effect because the cross-healing is so huge that Sieges are like nothing. So Cyrodiil has just become massive zergs spamming heals and standing under Oils/Sieges and waiting for door to open so can flood in and repeat same on Inner gate. Exciting (not). Tactics should win battles, not just big numbers with cross-heal spam. Or is it just me who thinks so? Do people actually like useless Sieges and the "healtank zergs" play that has been going on now for a while?

- Tanking needs fun and good sets and tanking should not be made frustrating or feel like a damn thankless job due to nerfs because someone blocked someones attacks at PVP. Please leave PVE tanking mechanisms alone (aka do not screw up blocking if you feel like it needs changes), i know your intentions are good - but please listen to the feedback from us who play the game like it was our lives(lol).

- Since you can do little QoL changes like these (Guild promotion and other function improvements, like the Guild Finder tool was great also) - wish you would sometimes listen to those of us who play both pve & pvp like 24/7 and know the game what comes to class/skill balance and act on that feedback also, so would not then have to do them big back and forth nerfs and buffs every 3-4 months because ignored our feedback at every PTS.

- Combat/Class balance will sadly be rather messed up for the next months again due to not acting on our feedback. You show always you can make good and reasonable changes, but when it comes to class/skill balance it is like.. you just make FOTM specs so all meta people play then just 1 or 2 specs and it makes pvp (especially) boring when there all running the same thing as long as can to cheese it out (until it is nerfed to the ground at next big patch after your data shows masses play only 1 type of thing that you dislike - since you always NUKE type of nerf it then) and then run the next big thing after that.

- I mean, you would sell Elsweyr/Necro even without having Stamcro be the Terminator 3000 with Major Defile crazy uptime on a regular ranged skill that also hits like a truck - in both pve & pvp. I know the FOTM threadmill can make some coin out of new players who not yet have all classes so they reroll and possibly spend on it, but.. us oldies who already got all classes - we would like to play the game with all our classes and feel they all are viable & competitive. I know a close illusion of balance atleast is possible. You can do it!

- We will support you financially with our Credit Cards if we feel playing a fun & decently balanced game where all classes are fun to play and not frustrating when against the current FOTM monster (be that whatever it currently is) since it makes things boring when so many hop on only on same class/spec for MONTHS. What i mean is that if also those people who have a "main" feel they are having fun and can be competitive with that class/spec then they for sure keep paying their ESO+ and so on and spending for Vanity Items (to look cool heh). Rerolling to a competitive class/spec gets old when it in this game happens so often.

- Class/skill big changes (up and down every 3 months) are not content that players like to play, we would just like to play a decently balanced game with all our classes - thank you!

PS. I love the game so am passionate about it. I often feel like i live more in Tamriel than in real life - yeah yeah sad you might think. I say it`s not sad - but true hardcore gaming. <3

Last year for me has taken this game from a AAA game to just AA game, due to the Audit making the game less fun with all ups and downs and too strong FOTM switches since our PTS feedback gets most often ignored. You got smart people working there, you would get it back to AAA by recognizing and listening to the right feedback and acting up on it too. I know, tight schedules to get the quarterly content packages out, but.. if my dream of a decent balance ever happens i will shout "YEAAAHHH!!" as loud as the Epic Finnigan at E3. :p

tl/dr: Yes, this is a wall of text. I feel better now that it is all written down for the 3 people who actually read long posts, time to go make some tea, a sandwich and go to Cyrodiil. Have a great day everyone! :smiley:

Game on traveler.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big thanks for everyone for their feedback on my feedback. :p

Sometimes i feel like PTS is like some AA meeting, where we the players vent and talk about our ESO problems - but after all the talk (feedback), good ideas, group support, we feel no one listens to us and we go together to a pub and get more drunk than ever before because all the talk (feedback) was not heard and did not solve our biggest problems and nothing changed the way we hoped.

So lets go get really drunk together at the new nightclub named FOTM, i heard it has a huge dance floor to do skeleton dance together, first round is on me - lets get the party started and soon we all are feeling the Dizzy happiness for months. We can all Deaden Pain together.

And if you identify yourself as a Stamina Necromancer - you have a VIP access to free drinks named Major Defile all days, a bitter taste but is the drink of the true champions! Drink Major Defile everyday! lalala dinz dinz dinz..

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Game on traveler.

You know what you did... Someone had to do it. 😅

@Moonsorrow you missed a great new QoL feature. They disabled UI scaling for gamepad users because they broke something and decided to take away options instead of fixing the root cause of the issue, giving up days into the PTS cycle as if fixing this wasn't ever a priority for them. Showing 0 remorse and acting like this downgrade in service is somehow a positive. Yay?
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think cross healing in PvP would be less of an issue if they allowed us to change in our settings our "smart healing priority". What I am saying is a lot of cross healing is accidental 😂 i.e. trying to apply regeneration and healing everyone but yourself. If you could simply switch priority to self rather than lowest health ally that would reduce things significantly.

You could also add to battle spirit that healing is reduced by 70% from ally's. As an increase from the current 50%.

That way pve isn't effected and ball groups are killable 🥳

Ballgroups are groups, hence they dont need cross heal. And the only thing stopping ball groups is to revert oblivion damage, and Backslash. Just as negate needs the casting time removed and increased in size to 12 m. An that in all 3 directions ;)

But ok, keep on removing anything that was or is able to stop a ball group. As it is they can walk through a massively oiled and sieged breach or door without any problem. Invincible meta FTW :)

• iALEXi
    iALEXi
    ✭✭✭

^ This 100%, it became a lot more noticeable since the changes to healing last patch.
    @iALEXi
    Guild: The Kiradashians, Guild Master and Raid Leader

Battlegrounds - Sotha Sil-Bahlokdaan Ravenwatch (Solo-Smallscale-Midscale) - Ebonheart Pact - PC EU

Characters below:
    • EP - Khajiit - Stamina Warden - [AR50] (Kira of Ebonheart)
    • EP - Dark elf - Magicka Nightblade [AR30] (Kira de Nocturna) [PvE DD]
    • EP - Breton - Magicka Warden [AR30] (I Want Tø Break Free)
    • EP - Dark elf - Magicka Dragonknight [AR21] (Cejesti) [PvE Tank]
    • EP - Orc - Stamina Templar [AR20] (Kira of Red) [PvE DD]
    • EP - Breton - Magicka Necromancer [AR16] (Kira the Deathwhisper)
    • EP - Orc - Stamina Warden [AR15](Kira de Inferno)
    • EP - Breton - Magicka Sorcerer [AR14] (Cejezti)
    • EP - Wood elf - Stamina Nightblade [AR11] (Castalia of Ebonheart)
    • EP - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer [lvl 13]
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    iALEXi wrote: »

^ This 100%, it became a lot more noticeable since the changes to healing last patch.

^^ I too think this is the right way to go!
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game on traveler.

You know what you did... Someone had to do it. 😅

@Moonsorrow you missed a great new QoL feature. They disabled UI scaling for gamepad users because they broke something and decided to take away options instead of fixing the root cause of the issue, giving up days into the PTS cycle as if fixing this wasn't ever a priority for them. Showing 0 remorse and acting like this downgrade in service is somehow a positive. Yay?

Did miss such "QoL" happening.. well that is sad to hear. :/ Well, can only hope they fix it for the next Chapter, they often do such things for chapters when/if got time and it is a simple enough to fix. If complicated, like Break-Free while being Knocked Back on certain skills they rather remove the Knock Back than fix the Break-Free clunkiness..

To their defense though i will say (miraculously, with all the salt i got on my posts on this PTS) that with their quarterly content model they always have really tight schedule to get things done before the deadline, so they have some big boss (no caps) telling them to "fix things fast!" so the ladies & gentlemen coders who focus on fixing Bugs/UI/Mechanics will then often have to take the fast solution because got no time to find and work for the optimal and best solution.

Realities on companies that have complicated products with several deadlines quarterly. Not just on gaming industry. Anyone who has worked on a job that has deadlines know how creative one must sometimes get to be adle to get things done in a decent quality before the deadline. Sometimes have to hammer something in fast and see how it goes, is it noticed even and if it is - apologize and promise to do better on it soon(tm).

Heh, so while i might seem really salty this PTS, ZOS has my sympathy since i know they have a small team with hands full of work with really tough deadlines and all the people are asking for improvements and changes that concern them individually and expect miracles.

But come on ZOS, the FOTM combat balance thing does not happen because of deadlines.. it feels more like it is an intended design and that is sad. Get to the true as-close-as-can-balanced model, you have enough content coming out all the time, rerolling FOTM characters is not needed as a "content".

With all that said, have a great monday everyone, fellow players and to the ZOS Devs also. :)

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I quit all my tanks because of all the nerfs every time i tried to tank they killed my self heals, my blocking, my armor, my sets, etc got to expensive changing gears and for a tank we die too easy (i am aware there are good tanks in the game who don't die) when every dlc boss in the game has a 1 shot dodge or die kill skill regardless of my armor and blocking like hey guys lets make the one class that doesn't dodge much dodge then pummel them with non stop dmg while he recovers to his feet... its like for what we are whe should not be so friggan squishy in pve...

Now pvp just gimp the self healing or group heals with battle spirit or cap armor woth bsttle spirit so they cant stack into infinity and self heal forever.
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on that, but, i think, it's too late for new stat. It can be fixed by removing criticals from healing, and adjust damage stats, so if you want the most damage build you will need mostly critical chance, critical damage and damage done stats, if you want more sustain/selfheal build you will need more wpn/spl damage and magicka/stamina, if you want healer build you will need more healing done stat.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    Agree on that, but, i think, it's too late for new stat. It can be fixed by removing criticals from healing, and adjust damage stats, so if you want the most damage build you will need mostly critical chance, critical damage and damage done stats, if you want more sustain/selfheal build you will need more wpn/spl damage and magicka/stamina, if you want healer build you will need more healing done stat.

Healing is a core game mechanic and should be 1:1 as powerful as damage, or you create a whole host of other imbalances.

Logically, you have to force players to build for healing vs damage. The most logical way to do that in this game is to scale all healing and damage shields entirely off of the health stat. The functionality is already in game. It is easily adapted to with existing sets, and doing so forces players to drop offensive stats for non-offensive stats.

It would create very tanky pure healers, but they would have little to no damage, and offensive players would have to make conscious trade offs to increase healing power. It also makes "game sense" in that best stat for a healer who is constantly focused is health.
    Edited by katorga on February 17, 2020 3:55PM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit all my tanks because of all the nerfs every time i tried to tank they killed my self heals, my blocking, my armor, my sets

Harrowstorm imprisoning me
    All that I see, absolute horror
    I cannot live, I cannot die
    Trapped in myself, body my holding cell
    ZOS has taken my sight
    Taken my speech, taken my hearing
    Taken my arms, taken my legs
    Taken my soul, left me with life in Hell

*hums the tune* :D

But yeah, i feel your pain and understand.. i play PVP mostly, but tank at PVE a lot too, so.. yeah. :|