The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elder scrolls Lore: Vampires

Irfind
Irfind
✭✭✭✭✭
Found this on You Tube and wanted to share it, all the contend is not from me. Also dont watch the Video if you dont like Spoilers (Questlines in ESO).

https://youtu.be/sWnPkbR6DPU

After seen that i dont have mutch fate in ZOS to revise vampires in greymoore :(@ZOS_LeamonTuttle
PC EU no CP PVP
EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll probably choose "cool new gameplay" over lore, they have done it this far. So there's no reason to expect a change in that department.

But I honestly don't think people should take lore super serious in this game, it's a big difference making a successful single rpg to a mmorpg. I don't mind lore breaking as long as they try to be somewhat in line with the lore and the gameplay is good.

And there is always that whole time line thingy (always forgets what it's called in eso lore), so they can always blame that and break lore without it changing the lore in single player elder scrolls.
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on February 17, 2020 11:18AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3pfwg1.jpg

Well Lamae does say in game feed and grow powerful. Now they are making that a reality so I don't think its breaking the lore.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 17, 2020 11:34AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Irfind wrote: »
    Found this on You Tube and wanted to share it, all the contend is not from me. Also dont watch the Video if you dont like Spoilers (Questlines in ESO).

https://youtu.be/sWnPkbR6DPU

After seen that i dont have mutch fate in ZOS to revise vampires in greymoore :(@ZOS_LeamonTuttle

Not really sure what you don't have faith in. Check out what @Thevampirenight said if you're worried about the feeding changes.

@ZOS_LeamonTuttle knows what he is doing and he clearly knows whats up.
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My concerns:

1. We only get 1 skill line (1 vampire clan) while from Lamae hertiage 3 clans.
    2. If i understand it correct we have stages 1-4 we get stronger by feding but also uglier (stage 4 in live) thats not the case
    for Lamae clans they are known for blending in.

3. Outside from Lore: I hope they rework tatoos, why should they fade out ? Its ink under the skin ! If anything it should be
    more prominent :|
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Freakin_Hytte
    You're thinking Dragon Breaks, which Rich (iirc) has said in the past there aren't any currently occurring in ESO's timeline. Not that they can't say a Dragon Break doesn't happen later, but for now at least, there aren't any current Dragon Breaks going on.

As far as Vampire lore goes, I personally think the change in feeding mechanics makes sense, if that's the concern. A well-fed Vampire is one who's in control of themselves and their actions, better able to think through their actions and use their various powers to the fullest of their ability. A starved Vampire is going to be more reckless and desperate, not able to think as clearly and thus likely not using many, if any, of their abilities, and the ones they do use probably aren't very focused.

@Irfind
    I'm pretty sure body/face markings being faded is a result of said markings going under the layer that the Vampire appearance is on. Either that or it's a bug that ZOS has never come out and admitted as such. It doesn't make sense for it to be intended, especially not for Khajiit, where the markings are on fur and not skin, and thus shouldn't be affected. On Argonians it makes a large majority of the markings unusable because they're all but invisible.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I had hoped that this would be the opportune moment for ZOS to add a second strain of vampirism to the game. It would be very interesting to have to 'pick' (get infected by) between different strains of vampirism as are present in Tamriel. That we currently only have one strain for all of Tamriel is in my opinion a bit of a waste. So when I first found out about Greymoor I thought they were adding the Sanguinare Vampiris option to the game, where it makes more sense to get the Vampire Scion form that's being introduced.

Sadly, it's a simple rework of the current system, and strain... Does anyone else agree that this is a missed opportunity?
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here is the thing with lore, its written and changes, and this is not even the worst thing they have done with lore. I think this new feeding idea will be fine. TES has always been a weird and vague series of retcons anyway. This game is the biggest offender sure, but I don't even care anymore. There is nothing no prior lore on Lamae's strain outside of ESO so they can mess with it's mechanics freely.... And to be fair, a lot of people forget that only one strain technically was suppose to be able to blend in with the living, and that was the Cyrodillic one, but Bethesda made that a thing in Skyrim too, so vampire lore as been ditched before, nothing new.
    Edited by Tessitura on March 31, 2020 10:32AM
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Messing, ditching, and rewriting lore is indeed what happens. Still it would be nice to see a different strain especially because we have all of Tamriel to explore and visit. Instead of just sticking to one and ditching the entire concept of there being multiple altogether.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    Messing, ditching, and rewriting lore is indeed what happens. Still it would be nice to see a different strain especially because we have all of Tamriel to explore and visit. Instead of just sticking to one and ditching the entire concept of there being multiple altogether.

They didn't ditch there being multiple, they just don't bothering giving you multiple in one game. Its still canon that there are clans and bloodlines, they just kind of don't bother making them for the player to run around as. I am sure it's a choice they make to save development time.
    Edited by Tessitura on March 31, 2020 12:45PM
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily have to be able to play as a different strain, just seeing them as NPCs is already enough. Yet that isn't the case either.

PC EU
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could show us other strains that looks cool... Or they can make a new dress and a flaming pony for us to ride.. I wonder which one they will pick? :Thinking Emoji: