The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help please:When you reach out to help a player and they end up abusing you, what to do?

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
There was a person offering gold to players if they joined their guild so they could get their guild tabard. I told them I would help and that I didn't want any gold. They did not say a word to me and invited me. 2 players in the guild asked for the gold they were promised but he did not respond. He had 2 of his friends in that guild.
As soon as his tabard was created he kicked all of us except his friends. But he didn't pay the other people he promised to pay.

I sent him a message to say :"Hey you could have at least just said thank you or bye before kicking us"...It said player not found when I whispered him
I then felt confused why he needed to block me I did nothing. I tried sending a letter cos I thought maybe I wasn't blocked and I said on the letter that it would have been nice if he's thanked people and why did he not pay the others.

He then replied calling me a '***' etc.
I seriously do not understand how he thought I deserved that but now I figured it out. He was mad that I knew he had no intention of paying the others.

I now don't want to ever help anyone again. I shouldn't have to feel like this in a game but games are becoming toxic cos players know they can get away with anything

So if you've had an experience like this how did you handle it and yes I know put them on ignore but it puts you off wanting to help or trust anyone anymore. Im playing solo atm
Edited by Recent on February 15, 2020 1:16AM
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, just let it go and move on. Your going to run across those types of people every so often but the community as a whole is usually much better than that.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    I now don't want to ever help anyone again. I shouldn't have to feel like this in a game but games are becoming toxic cos players know they can get away with anything

So if you've had an experience like this how did you handle it and yes I know put them on ignore but it puts you off wanting to help or trust anyone anymore. Im playing solo atm

Some people are toxic, narcissistic, and cruel. I’ve run into some terrible people in this game. But most are not like that at all; many are kind and generous. I never would have done so many things in this game without the generosity and help of others. Don’t let one jerk ruin things for you.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. What a weird reason to create a guild.....what is the benefit of having a tabard?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some people are scam artists. the proper use for those people is to use them well in torture chambers- the screams of the guilty are the best. :D
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to you all for your replies. Your support helped me immensely...i had let it get to me but im ready to let it go.
    Your replies cheered me up so i gave you all an awesome 😊😊😊❤
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now, OTOH, would you like some invites to actual friendly guilds?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even surprised this happened in ESO.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »

It's a game, but it's filled with people. Ignore those not thankful. Not helping anyone again isn't the answer. If helpful people stop helping ESO (and well any social group) turns in a collection of sociopaths.
  • BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭
    Happy to hear that the other players here cheered you up @Recent :) and it's also proof that there are many friendly people in this community.

Just never do someone you don't trust a big favor, help out if you can but don't let them massively abuse you. If you are getting involved with other players here you will get abused again unfortunately but there are also many players just like you who want to help others. I had people take things from me without paying or not even saying thank you for spending a long time trying to help them in any way possible but I also had encounters where I became friends with those who asked me to help them, who gave me gold or showed their gratitude in other ways. Don't let it drag you down :)
    @BansheeVT - GM of 'Valinor Traders'.

Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k sales, <500k sales = 25k fee, <250k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he scamed three people for 6k gold in total? What a criminal Mastermind!
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Wow. What a weird reason to create a guild.....what is the benefit of having a tabard?

You can create Tabards talking bad of another guild or some player and use it just for the Troll, i have seen a lot of this
    Edited by yRaven on February 26, 2020 12:10PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »

You can create Tabards talking bad of another guild or some player and use it just for the Troll, i have seen a lot of this

Also I have a feeling that ungrateful, egotistical people like having the "prestige" of a symbol that represents their horrible selves. So that could be another reason for why they were so determined to create a tabard.