The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Heart's Day Furnishing Pack and canopy beds complain thread™

SkyMagpie
SkyMagpie
✭✭✭
I am pretty sure buried somewhere on this forum is someone complaining about the way the canopy beds work in this game, but I have not found anything recent about it so I wonder if that will ever change? Like I appreciate how pretty they are and everything, but I find it very frustrating that you cannot actually use the bed as a bed is intended to be used.

And when it comes to the Heart's Day Furnishing Pack you kinda release a bed as the central item in your pack, in gold and everything, and it becomes this huge piece of furniture that has no other purpose except existing there. And like before anyone get's weird about this, I am sure people could take a lot of funny and nice screenshots on it in the whole spirit of the furnishing pack if they could actually get on the bed. And even though I don't do anything in my houses aside from decorating them, it would be nice if canopy beds in general could be used as normal beds are. And I know making them taller might make them weird, but perhaps enough so that the character models can actually go into them?

Maybe I am overthinking this, but it's always been one of those things that bothered me about canopy beds, and specifically since the Heart's Day pack seems to be centered around a really big decorative bed no one can ever use :/
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's even more ironic is the Dark Elf canopy bed. You can hop in that one. But, only that one. Go figure.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree. I don't rp, or really do anything with them either except to just decorate.
    I do enjoy making videos and since homestead was released, I incorporate various scenes to help add a little more interest and entertainment to my tours. I appreciate furnishings that at least come with the ability to interact with them.

I would love to see the bar stools allow characters to actually use them and be able to sit on them as well. Perhaps even be able to /drink while seated. I can imagine a lot of really fun little animations many of the furnishings could provide if it was feasible for them to add those in; like drawing a bucket of water from the wells, or maybe (if they ever introduce this), playing a musical instrument.

It just adds more "life" and energy to an otherwise fairly stagnant area.
    Edited by Delphinia on February 14, 2020 4:42AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to click on all beds, including canopy ones and select "Use", just like you can click on chairs and select "Use".

Doing that should put you in the /sleep ("Sleep side") position.

Or, even better, if you leave your char there, it should turn over, occasionally, into the /sleep2 ("Sleep back") position and then back again to "Sleep side" and so on...

Also, if you "Use" a Chaise Longue, your char should adopt the /sit3 position (facing the right way, on the chaise, obviously), which is a far more natural position for a Chaise Longue.

As opposed to the /sitchair position, which causes the Chaise to cut into into my Bosmer char's leg.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 14, 2020 12:56PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup - I agree with all of this. I felt the same way about the big fancy Redguard canopy bed that was in the luxury vendor.

If beds can't be given their own interaction, at least, get rid of the bounding box so we can /sleep in canopy beds.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree. The roleplay value of the Heart's Day Pack was severely diminished by having a non interactive bed in it, which players, especially newly wed couples across all servers could've appreciated. The Pledges of Mara and various other romantic items were also on sale. So, this was geared towards romance and couples. We're not asking for a bizarre emote or anything too far out there. We're only asking to, please, find a way to make these beds interactable like the other beds.

Best Regards
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used it to essentially replace the same Breton Canopy Bed I had already had in place.... well cuz. it had rose petals on it.
    but its basically the same darn bed reskinned. Buyers remorse? maybe a lil'

Well it "sets the mood" I 'spose
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're not asking for a bizarre emote or anything too far out there.

Laughed Hard at the thought of possibilities and potential meanings of that comment.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."