The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Increase PVP rewards, Cyrodiil and Imperial City

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
The rewards for PVP are tragically low. There is no reason for anyone but hardcore regulars to ever experiment with it. The best ways to earn gold in game are always through PVE.
We have a few money makers such as the Golden, tho the rewards there are of value maybe once every 3 or 4 months because half the gear is bound anyhow, and the unbound gear is usually not great. The gladiator runeboxes take literally forever to earn and sell. Good motifs never drop in PVP, just the same alliance ones.
More importantly the population is dead because of this. Notice how the servers are OVERLOADED when there are good rewards in PvP? IC is dead again today because the event is over, when it was population locked all of last week. There is no reason for any players to go there and PvP.
All dungeon and trial gear should be available in the same manner that overworld gear boxes can be bought with AP, but at a much higher cost. Maybe in the way you can get white gold tower gear with Key Fragments?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The servers were full of PVE'ers hyped for event tickets, styles, titles, achievements and getting their Alliance skills up faster. Some, we hope, decided PVP was fun and will come back for more.

I agree that adding boxes for dungeon sets would be a good addition. But AP has already been hugely inflated over the years and it hasn't increased population. Meanwhile we have more things to spend that AP on. I honestly think they've done a pretty good job giving us things to spend AP on, although I've not a fan of the Gladiator Proofs.

What we need is:
    -Better RftW system: fewer emails, less decon fodder, more useful items like forward camps and recall stones. Maybe some rare alliance-themed cosmetics or furnishings. Right now RftW is an inventory clogging chore.

-Reduced AP rewards for pvdoor and increased rewards for engaging other players. It should never be more rewarding to avoid PvP in a PvP zone than it is to participate.

-Strengthen underdog rewards. We have low pop and low score bonuses, and juicy gate ticks, so it's not a new idea to reward the underdogs. It shouldn't feel hopeless and pointless to fight for a faction that is consistently outgunned. Players who try to defend home objectives when outnumbered should get some recognition for their efforts. Perhaps that's not AP, since after all you still lost.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..best ways to earn gold in game are always through PVE...

Highly disagree on that. You can make *** load of gold with tel var. The AP is a less regular income, but it also pays out well to sell gold jewelery and certain set pieces from the traders in Crops,Vlasterus, and the other one.

Also the Arenagladiator rewards sell good.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »

Highly disagree on that. You can make *** load of gold with tel var. The AP is a less regular income, but it also pays out well to sell gold jewelery and certain set pieces from the traders in Crops,Vlasterus, and the other one.

So what you are saying is PvP already has a good reward system?

Edited to add the question mark as I am asking a question and not trying to put words into their mouth.
    Edited by idk on February 6, 2020 6:53AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the reward system is way better than it was. There are ways to convert AP to gold and Tel Var has a good rate

Is good generation as good as being an adept trader, no. And no should it be. It's healthy to have some game crossover.

PvP will be stacked regardless of what's in the boxes, and to be fair there was hardly anything of value in the boxes. People just go Pokémon wild for events in this game for some reason..

Personally you can make enough from ROTW sets, Golden Jewelry, AP sales, Tel Var conversions etc to get by.

AND gold isn't the motive to PvPing in my book.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »

So what you are saying is PvP already has a good reward system?

Edited to add the question mark as I am asking a question and not trying to put words into their mouth.

Well at least when it comes to making money. I can make a good amount of money only with playing PvP. There are of course more efficient ways like grinding puplic dungeons, but thats not actual pve either.

In therms of general rewards im not unhappy. I'd like to see an extended offer of the golden vendor, like arena/dungeon/trial weapons. Or less rng in her weekly offers. Something similar to the undaunted boxes just for AP. But thats rather wishfull thinking.

Edited by Zer0_CooL on February 6, 2020 10:15AM
  • Hyporis
    Hyporis
    ✭✭
    They need to add more things to buy for AP.
    Maybe some expensive outfits or mounts whatever....

Right now I'm sitting on 45.000.000 useless AP across all my characters, even if i tend placing camps on every siege.
    I don't want to convert them into random crap for sale stuff in guild vendors. I have enough gold.!
    I want to spend them on something usefull
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon gear, and make PvP event end of each month for 5 days
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    The servers were full of PVE'ers hyped for event tickets, styles, titles, achievements and getting their Alliance skills up faster. Some, we hope, decided PVP was fun and will come back for more.

I agree that adding boxes for dungeon sets would be a good addition. But AP has already been hugely inflated over the years and it hasn't increased population. Meanwhile we have more things to spend that AP on. I honestly think they've done a pretty good job giving us things to spend AP on, although I've not a fan of the Gladiator Proofs.

What we need is:
    -Better RftW system: fewer emails, less decon fodder, more useful items like forward camps and recall stones. Maybe some rare alliance-themed cosmetics or furnishings. Right now RftW is an inventory clogging chore.

-Reduced AP rewards for pvdoor and increased rewards for engaging other players. It should never be more rewarding to avoid PvP in a PvP zone than it is to participate.

-Strengthen underdog rewards. We have low pop and low score bonuses, and juicy gate ticks, so it's not a new idea to reward the underdogs. It shouldn't feel hopeless and pointless to fight for a faction that is consistently outgunned. Players who try to defend home objectives when outnumbered should get some recognition for their efforts. Perhaps that's not AP, since after all you still lost.
    Very well said.

RftW could just be a random assortment of crafting materials with maybe a little more gold (500 at max level) and no items. There could even be some RNG built in via the types and amounts of materials included.

As far as underdog bonuses, low pop seems to work well. Low score only seems to be active when both factions trailing the first have less than half the points in the campaign. So if only one trails significantly it still needs to be applied but currently is not.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    New motifs as very rare drops in ROTW or the gladiator bags. Probably should be unique to PvP.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if the friggin xmute geodes stacked and went into my crafting bag.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    I'd be happy if the friggin xmute geodes stacked and went into my crafting bag.

Haha nailed it
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would the player pvd'ing the most be given the biggest rewards? This would ONLY intensify the one faction hegemony. IF rewards at ALL, give them for kills, and nothing else. Keep takes and campaign scores should absolutely give 0 reward.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would the player pvd'ing the most be given the biggest rewards? This would ONLY intensify the one faction hegemony. IF rewards at ALL, give them for kills, and nothing else. Keep takes and campaign scores should absolutely give 0 reward.

That would be called 'deathmatch' and would make keep battles pointless and make Cyrodiil very boring.

Find a deathmatch only game if that's all you're interested in
    Edited by Katahdin on February 11, 2020 5:47PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

What we need is:

Yeah maybe make every set available in it unbound coz the same 3 sets are a joke
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk I earned 500k ap for 4hours play last night I think u just get rewarded for your worth as their name
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Map would be static.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply including the original ROTW sets in the loot table would increase the amount of gold making potential. Or reworking the current sets for more viability and thus more easily sold.

I also love the idea of camps, recall stones or materials.

@ZarkingFrued you the zark on ps4?
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."