Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

will we get: Shields of Senchal motif?

EternalDiva
EternalDiva
✭✭✭
My fav armor at this point. but I dont even know where i got my shoulders and Im looking for other pieces. anyone have a clue about what they drop from and if we will ever get a motif book for this style?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a lot of misinformation online about this style ... but Senchal Defender does drop in Pellitine (Southern Elsweyr).

Not sure if we’ll get motif pages, @EternalDiva, since it hasn't been advertised yet in the Crown Store Showcase nor does it drop as motif pages.

As it was not a testable outfit style on this iteration of PTS (except for testing on original 5-piece dropped gear without the Outfit overlay).

It might still be on ZOS's radar for a future month.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 5, 2020 2:57AM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Senchal Defender lists as Shield of Senchal motif, not Pelletine. And the Pelletine motif drops from dragon hunt dailies in Northern Elsweyr, not in Pelletine.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Senchal Defender lists as Shield of Senchal motif, not Pelletine. And the Pelletine motif drops from dragon hunt dailies in Northern Elsweyr, not in Pelletine.

ESO Wiki has Pellitine listed as the style for Senchal Defender. Is it outdated perhaps?

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Senchal+Defender+Set

EDIT: I checked in-game and this is outdated info. I’ll update my original post. Thank You.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 5, 2020 1:55AM
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields of Senchal will drop at some point within the next two months. It has been datamined along with a New Moon Cult style so expect both motifs to drop in Southern Elsweyr.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, on PTS, the tooltip for Shields of Senchal indicates that it drops from Senchal dailies, and the New Moon Priest will drop from the Dragonguard Daily Supply Chest.

While I didn't test either while NA characters were on PTS, another player did test the NMP motif pages and confirmed that they do drop from the Dragonguard Supply Chest. So, presumably, SoS will start dropping from the Senchal dailies.

I pinged Gina on the PTS to ask that this be included in the live patch notes, since they were not in the PTS patch notes.

I'll also try to test it this weekend on a template character, as the Senchal dailies are easy to unlock - I think you just need to get to Senchal, iirc.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shield of Senchal motif pages are dropping from Senchal dailies on PTS.

hwjgXj9.jpg
    PC EU
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is good to know. I been running these southern elsweyr and dragonguard dailies and wondering why bother? I am just overloaded with junk pieces of armor, very few trait stones with zero motifs. Will be happy to see something good added into the loot pool.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on February 8, 2020 2:08PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos for testing, @RaddlemanNumber7.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great news. I feel like all dailies should have some kind of unique reward. But the Senchal reward boxes just had the same overland sets that you can get in a dozen other ways from Dragonhold.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh, I was so happy to finish 30 of each of those and be done with it. Those dailies are the ones where you fight Ri’Atahrashi the One-Shot Instakill, aren’t they?

Back to grinding I guess...not too happy about it.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 9, 2020 4:51AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, I kinda slacked off on the dailies after I realized the motifs don't drop from them yet.

where's the dragonguard daily supply chest exactly? what do you need to do to access/unlock it?
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wear the set, it's got a cool animation and is quite handy as long as you can stay alive long enough to discharge it.

Edit: Note to Devs, can you please make Senchal Duty stacks persist through death like Ultimate does?

Edited by Urzigurumash on February 10, 2020 5:06AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    yeah, I kinda slacked off on the dailies after I realized the motifs don't drop from them yet.

where's the dragonguard daily supply chest exactly? what do you need to do to access/unlock it?

Once you do 30 of the Dragonguard dailies in Tideholm , there is a chest in front of the guy that is downstairs near the wayshrine.

(Not in game so details are from memory, might be off a bit)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone seen these drop yet? I checked the chest in the Dragonguard Sanctum, but didn't get a page or even a style stone from it yet.

I'm beginning to suspect that we won't actually see these drop until they're available in the crown store, so earliest would be March (which is fast approaching).

They are in the collections tab, now, but they weren't listed in the patch notes, so I'm guessing we have to wait until they start selling it.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the MO is to release motifs in-game and in the crown store at the same time.

I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is with only a few exceptions (Honor Guard, Welkynar, Buoyant Armiger)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering I'm already getting master writs asking for me to craft that style, I'd hope so lol
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately this wouldn't be the first time master writs go out before the motif is actually available in game.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this wouldn't be the first time master writs go out before the motif is actually available in game.

Yeah...it happened with Welkynar - master writs started dropping MONTHS before the motif was available. At least with these, you'd only need to hang onto them for a week or so - assuming, of course, that they're going to be available next month.

I haven't seen any master writs for these two motifs yet; hopefully I won't until they're in the game.
  • Rick_S1
    Rick_S1
    ✭✭
    I got a Shield of Senchal motif in a daily a few days ago.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rick_S1 This thread is from back in February when the motif was datamined but not released; the motif became available on March 18th.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know what dye is closes to the colour ZOS used for the neck cloth on the Shields of Senchal Medium Chest?
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I got a Master Writ which requires Shields of Senchal today.
    Malborn66
    PC-EU
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malborn66 wrote: »
    I got a Master Writ which requires Shields of Senchal today.
    Malborn66
    PC-EU

Good thing it's been out in the game for 3 weeks now!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The battle axe is my new favourite
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    Another writ turned up this week.
    I am wondering whether it is work keeping them.....

Malborn66
    PC-EU
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malborn66 wrote: »
    Another writ turned up this week.
    I am wondering whether it is work keeping them.....

Malborn66
    PC-EU

Since the motif is still new it's probably going to be a while before it drops in price.