Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Swamp Rescuer & Surreptitiously Shadowed

Uzzgrock
Uzzgrock
✭✭✭
Greetings!

I will update as I find more locations.

Swamp Rescuer Locations:
Chest:
Random difficulty chest.

Villager:
Swamp Rescuer achievement.

Swamp Rescuer map:
IPf0HLc.png

Surreptitiously Shadowed Locations:
Argonian:
Help lighting the bonfire.

Altmer:
Help finding the way back to Lilmoth.

Bosmer:
Help understanding the rules of hip and tail ball.

Imperial:
Help stealing the coin pouch.

Choixth:
Surreptitiously Shadowed achievement.
An easy way to get this is to find her at Blackrose Wayshrine, talk to her. Use the wayshrine to teleport somewhere else in Murkmire and right back.
You can keep doing this until you are done with the achievement.

Surreptitiously Shadowed map:
IC5N7Gs.png
Edited by Uzzgrock on January 3, 2019 1:41PM
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Hey,

how do these rescueable argonians look like? I have been roaming the map quite a lot, and never seen one. Is it possible to just walk through them without noticing?

I do have found a guarded chest at your south-eastern pin point though.
  • Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    d8rmir wrote: »
    how do these rescueable argonians look like? I have been roaming the map quite a lot, and never seen one. Is it possible to just walk through them without noticing?

The villagers look like tied up argonians, sitting, kneeling, or cowering.
    Once you're close enough they get a white arrow above their head, to show you they need help.
    They are being attacked by two to three enemies, like other argonians, Blackguards, or Murkmire wildlife.

Good luck!
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Uzzgrock wrote: »

The villagers look like tied up argonians, sitting, kneeling, or cowering.
    Once you're close enough they get a white arrow above their head, to show you they need help.
    They are being attacked by two to three enemies, like other argonians, Blackguards, or Murkmire wildlife.

Good luck!

Ok that white arrow sounds hard to miss, so I have just been unlucky. I'll try again.
    Thank you!
  • Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    Ok that white arrow sounds hard to miss, so I have just been unlucky. I'll try again.
    Thank you!

To give you an idea of what to look for, the arrow is the same as the beggars across the base game zones for the Give to the Poor achievement.
    But they are hard to miss, seems you have been unlucky.
    They also yell for your help ingame, if you don't have your sound muted it's really useful, as finding them by sound is usually easier than spotting them.
    And the good thing is you only need four of them, and not all six.
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Just got it, thank you again for the support!
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the argonians limited to one per location? or can they pop up in the same spot multiple times?
  • Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    Are the argonians limited to one per location? or can they pop up in the same spot multiple times?

You're able to rescue all of them on the same spot, multiple times.
  • goat47
    goat47
    Soul Shriven
    i have sat at the black rose spot for 2 days no show
  • cam_575
    cam_575
    Soul Shriven
    This Swamp rescuer achievement is 100% impossible. I have farmed all the spots, and found an additional one, with no NPC needing help ever. There are 3 enemies guarding a chest at the spots, but never a villager. The spawns are on a 50 - 60 min timer.
    At this point I'm convinced its broken. At least for me, the beggar achievement NPC has only Proc'ed twice in 3 years playing that I could interact with & give gold to. But there are beggar NPC in every town and the audio is always there, just can't interact. I felt there was something wrong with that, so it could be me. Best wishes to ANYONE who can rescue even one.

Edit: after 2 days I finally got 1 rescue....maybe there is hope....but it still is an appalling villager npc spawn rate...../rant
    Edited by cam_575 on November 6, 2018 12:28AM
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey I did the swamp rescuer achievement within a couple of hours.
    It’s popped saying I have completed it but I still have rescue dead water villager and rescue copper-eyes villager left to do. The rest I did within two hours. I took various screenshots and each location I came across and used the above map. I started from the bottom and just went to each one. When I got to the last I teleported to another area ( Shadowfen ) and back to Murkmire and repeated the process.

Regarding the ‘ surreptitiously shadowed ‘ achievement. Again I came across a few that have spawned that you can speak to but none which has been Choixth as of yet.

Update completed surreptitiously shadowed. There is no spawn time it seems. I just kept going to all points throughout the day
    Edited by Anne13 on November 16, 2018 5:10PM
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you for the tip OP. I found her on the black rose wayshrine and did like you said. At some point it was a little buggy and I had 4 of her and hard to speak with her, but Imanaged after some porting to finish the achievement. havent found any people in help yet (except the other wold events with fire, and tail-ball etc.. )
    edit: just while a was writing one spawned! waiting on the spots seems to help!
    Edited by lientier on November 24, 2018 12:46PM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive gotten 1 of these randomly a couple of days go and been running from one spot to the next to the next.

Are these broken or do they only spawn 1 a week or what?

How long are we supposed to run circles around this map to get this stuipd achievement done?
    Ive finished all the quests and most everything else...this is just.....boring

Beta tester November 2013
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    I had best luck by camping a spot for a bit and also logging out - logging in there. The spawn east of Lilmoth in my opinion was the best location. It has 4 scuttleblooms around it to farm while you wait. I sold 2 and kept 2.

My achieve completed with 2 short. I camped a bit longer to finish properly.

@Katahdin its not a fast achieve. I camped a bit daily for more than a week.
    Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
  • MythicSnake
    MythicSnake
    ✭✭
    Wait...on the map for Surreptitiosly Shadowed, you mention the spawns such as the Argonians deciding whether to light the bonfire, the irate High Elf, etc... I've seen these spawns and interacted with them. What do these have to do with the Shadowscale???? I haven't seen any Shadowscale at these locations?

EDIT: Oh I see. Sometimes it will spawn a random interaction with people taking to each other (like in Wrothgar when you wanted to find the elderly Orc Warrior for One Last Brawl, but you keep finding those stupid hunter vs herder spawns). I did FINALLY see Choixth after many days of searching. The map helped a lot. Thanks!
    Edited by MythicSnake on December 26, 2018 5:50AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are those of you having trouble with the Swamp Rescuer achievement on PS4? I've been doing at least 2 dailies each day in that zone and only found 3 villagers on the achievement list so far. Several of the locations on the map above are right near the roads so I stop by every time I pass them. Whatever is supposed to trigger the event is just not happening most of the time. I camped out at the location near Lilmoth for over an hour and saw nothing. Whenever I see a new event at a location I previously had success, the villager I rescue is one I already had, so even though I have actually rescued about 7 villagers I have only 3 unique ones.

I remember the Choixth achievement in Summerset, the forums here said just move a little distance away after each encounter and return and she will be there, but it does not work that way on PS4. Once the interaction is complete, no one reappears. It might take an hour, and then it could be one of the other random encounters. Most of the time there is no one at the possible locations when you get there. I spend an entire afternoon circling Summerset wayshrines before I was able to finish that one, but it was far easier than this one. However, I saw a video of someone on PC getting all Choixth interactions in Summerset within 5 minutes.

Could it be that something in the way the code is being executed on PS4 is not allowing these events to occur as they should? I've spent hours circling the Murkmire locations in a clockwise direction, in a counter-clockwise direction, and just randomly doing nothing but trying to get this achievement. I have also done all the story quests and enough other quests to get the Friend of Murkmire achievement. After all that time in the zone you would think I had gotten this achievement by now. What else does one have to do to get the Swamp Rescuer achievement?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be that something in the way the code is being executed on PS4 is not allowing these events to occur as they should?

I think the events are actually occuring as they should on PS4, and not on PC. It's just that not working as it should is helpful with that we are able to get several spawns out of one.

Lucky for you only four are needed for the achievement. Tried farming for a timer with some friends on different locations and events, but no pattern I could see yet. Did update the maps with some more spawns for both achievements. Should make your runs a little easier.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not seeing activity at the swamp rescuer locations, only once saw Blackguards but no captive since my post. That was the only time I've seen anything east of the Dead-Water Village. I have never seen anything near Sweet Breeze Overlook. It seems that the locations in which I have found a villager just have the same villager if I go there again. In-game achievements shouldn't rely so heavily on pure luck and sheer boredom of sitting around.

Funny that the Surreptitiously Shadowed achievement was so easy compared to this. I had 4 Choixth by the time I finished and had to figure out which one to talk to. Now that I'm done with quests, I feel there is no way I will spend enough time there to get this done.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    The map may have been accurate at one time but it's TOTALLY inaccurate at this time. I've spent a couple of hours at just two of the "arrowed" locations with zero finds. Has anyone come up with an accurate map for 6/1/2019?
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Still not seeing activity at the swamp rescuer locations, only once saw Blackguards but no captive since my post. That was the only time I've seen anything east of the Dead-Water Village. I have never seen anything near Sweet Breeze Overlook. It seems that the locations in which I have found a villager just have the same villager if I go there again. In-game achievements shouldn't rely so heavily on pure luck and sheer boredom of sitting around.

Funny that the Surreptitiously Shadowed achievement was so easy compared to this. I had 4 Choixth by the time I finished and had to figure out which one to talk to. Now that I'm done with quests, I feel there is no way I will spend enough time there to get this done.

I'm thinking this achievement is glitched. Oh well ... I don't like Murkmire that much anyway. I'm off to find new adventures elsewhere. I'll just write this off as unachievable "achievement."
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The map may have been accurate at one time but it's TOTALLY inaccurate at this time. I've spent a couple of hours at just two of the "arrowed" locations with zero finds. Has anyone come up with an accurate map for 6/1/2019?

literally just did it. the arrows on the above map are accurate as is Map Pins add-on for it. just run the circuit of the arrows, then port back to black rose prison way shrine. if you come across one of the other listed npc's do their thing to force the reset. then do another lap. took all of like 90min.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    Greetings!

I will update as I find more locations.

The Choixth spoiler worked as you indicated it would, but multiple instances of her stacked up. It was a challenge finding the latest one. Thanks.

(I don't know when I wrote this, but it has been months. I guess I never clicked post.)
  • phobi
    phobi
    ✭✭
    Tried this achievement for months with no success, then, in 2 hours, rescued all... Maybe they changed something in a recent patch? The pins were accurate for me.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the guide, I've been doing the Swamp Rescuer achievement and all pins are accurate, though I found a bug where the achievement is awarded before completion. I completed :
    Rescue Dead-Water Villager
    Rescue Moss-Skin Villager
    Rescue Root-House Villager
    Rescue Copper-Eyes Villager

When I rescued the Dead-Water Villager (for the second time, it didn't register the first time), the achievement popped up as completed, but the 2 rescues I didn't complete are still greyed out. Reported this in-game.

EDIT : nevermind, see below
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on February 9, 2020 4:01PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Uzzgrock
    Uzzgrock
    ✭✭✭
    When I rescued the Dead-Water Villager (for the second time, it didn't register the first time), the achievement popped up as completed, but the 2 rescues I didn't complete are still greyed out. Reported this in-game.

This is not a bug. The achievement has you rescue villagers from four different tribes only, but there are six different tribes you could find villagers for.

Villagers sometimes not counting towards the achievement is a bug though.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not a bug. The achievement has you rescue villagers from four different tribes only, but there are six different tribes you could find villagers for.

Ah ok thanks, my bad. ☺️
    PC/EU DC
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got swamp rescuer today! For anyone who wants to know what they are looking for, you want to find two argonians waving torches as hackwings. The audio doesn’t always play when your near and a white arrow on their head doesn’t always appear, so it’s better to go to the spots on the map exactly. There are other random events that can happen in these spots, so if you see the following you’re at the right spot: A treasure chest where bandits will ambush you when you interact with it, three vhuxhleel (I think that’s what they are called at least XD ), or three blackguards complaining.

Important Note: You don’t need to travel out of the zone when you run a full loop on these spots for them to respawn, that is false. How do I know this? I killed the three blackguards that spawn in that spot and didn’t loot their corpses, when I traveled out of zone and returned their bodies where still there.

Just run in an infinite circle around the map until you got four out of six villagers, remember to be patient when it comes to RNG. GOOD LUCK! :D
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Villagers sometimes not counting towards the achievement is a bug though.
    As of just a few minutes ago, I can postively confirm that you CAN fill the other two tribes in AFTER you complete the achievement.

I had finished "Swamp Resuer" a few days ago, and the Dead-Water and Bright-Throat villagers were still grayed out, as I hadn't rescued them. I still haven't finished "Surreptitiously Shadowed", so I was running the path trying to find Choixth.

At some point I came across a group of villagers and rescued them. I checked out my journal and found that the Bright-Throat villager entry HAD BEEN LIT UP.

So, even after you acquire the achievement by rescueing four sets of villagers, you CAN still tick them off of your list after the fact.

Which is great for me. Loose ends (especially on lists) just GRIND my gears. HA HA!

:p
  • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    I've rescued at least 10 villages but I'm still stuck on three of them -- Dead Water, Moss Skin, and Root House are impossible to complete.
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    yup, just rescued another one. Miredancer villager AGAIN
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    (different location from last rescue)
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X