Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blue screen is very bad thing.
    I hope zos add red screen and yellow screen for non DC alliance players.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone actually expercting fix to this or dreaming about that ZoS performance improvements fixes anything on consoles should go their their head checked.

These empty words have echoed for years now and to believe all of the sudden they actually are intrested on fixing stuf... well I have news for you they wohnt.

Enjoy the lags, blue screens and freezes... that there will be plenty of now and until Sony or Microsoft kick ZoS to nuts. The game performane is utter disgrace at the moment and it will remain to be so
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Midyear Mayhem is over, time for a resume. My PS4 clocked 49 crashes to the main menu during the event (what we call bluescreen), not including freezing loading screens (5 times) or infinite loading screens that did not fix themselves (4 times). I lost my savegame once during this procedure. It was registered as corrupt when I tried to restart the client.

Various (not counted) times the login was not possible because I was apparently still online, sometimes my internet was claimed to be too bad to play, sometimes my valid Playstation account was questioned (while perfectly logged in on the console). I could prove all those error messages with screenshots but they are not in English so I'll just attach a sample screenshot of said crash reports. Needless to say that no other PS4 game in my collection produced nearly that many errors.

ESO-Crashes-Mayhem-2020.jpg

Each crash has not just been an annoyance in itself, it usually came with a loss of nifty AP ticks since most crashes happened when coming close to a keep, filled with enemies. After managing to get on again, the fight was all over - for the good or the bad. No AP.

Long story short: Finger crossed that tomorrow's patch works wonders.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ""Error CE-34878-0" is a common error on the PlayStation 4 that can occur due to corrupt data or system software."
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37022/~/what-do-i-do-if-i-get-error-code-ce-34878-0-when-trying-to-play-the-elder

Suggested fixing does nothing, as I stated before on ps4's support subforum, because the problem isn't at our end...

PS - I can also upload my PS4's error log, the list is entirely filled with ESO's crashing errors ONLY.
    Edited by redlink1979 on February 4, 2020 3:41PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are stress testing the players to see how bad things can get before our brains catch on.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I urge you to ask sony what to do if a developer doesn't doesn't improve game breaking bugs and to contact youtubers who cover general gaming issues. Especially those who cover Bethesda.

https://twitter.com/askplaystation

Our problems have to be heard and reported on.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    ""Error CE-34878-0" is a common error on the PlayStation 4 that can occur due to corrupt data or system software."
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37022/~/what-do-i-do-if-i-get-error-code-ce-34878-0-when-trying-to-play-the-elder

Suggested fixing does nothing, as I stated before on ps4's support subforum, because the problem isn't at our end...

PS - I can also upload my PS4's error log, the list is entirely filled with ESO's crashing errors ONLY.

Yeah the log only does the last 100 reports and my log of crashes only goes to the middle of last week because I’ve crashed over 230+ times since then
  • devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »

Yeah the log only does the last 100 reports and my log of crashes only goes to the middle of last week because I’ve crashed over 230+ times since then

I'm blaming your ball groups on memory crashes😂. But the update for the 5th has said to be promising via PC. But console players don't have the proper memory compared to PC
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about this blue screening issue and I had a specific thought. What if this blue screening can't be stopped based upon the server side receiving so many changes and it's just really making the client/server incompatible. In theory if this is the case when we redownload the game it will be a new client and will better sync with the server thus eliminating the memory leak. Would be nice to hear Zos... if so we're patient, hell it would be better than guessing right?
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about this blue screening issue and I had a specific thought. What if this blue screening can't be stopped based upon the server side receiving so many changes and it's just really making the client/server incompatible. In theory if this is the case when we redownload the game it will be a new client and will better sync with the server thus eliminating the memory leak. Would be nice to hear Zos... if so we're patient, hell it would be better than guessing right?

They won't do that, because that would be acknowledgement that for the last few months they've been flat out lying about these incremental fixes. Knowing full well they are saying they are working on the issue to keep people playing and paying.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    How months has this been going on?
    Since November of last year
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not only are bluescreens Happening nonstop but the load screens are also a HUGE problem. And I don’t mean the screen porting to another zone. I mean the random ones you get inside of keeps, mid fight, back flag of a castle, front flag of an outpost, open field, on castle walls. Clears it’s the animation of the alliance flipping the keeps and when it upgrades and downgrades. Is this going to get acknowledged and fixed? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

The load screens completely change the outcome of a fight. My entire group hit a load screen today (multiple times) where we suddenly got one in the middle of a keep and just sat there while the enemies killed us all. We came out of the load screen dead
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Load screens 🤣 I can't with them lol.
    Yesterday we got our second gryphon heart for the remaining two members of our team and that means moving to tick tock tormentor. We had 45 minutes left so we went into vhof.

When we reached the last boss we had 32 vitality which is really hight for us since we only do Hof occasionally.

We attempted down starts and a few people died because we don't have practise with it but the run was 47 minutes, but you know why?

BECAUSE EACH TIME THERE WAS A DOOR I WAS STUCK IN LONG LOAD SCREEN FOR 2 MINUTES. THAT'S AT LEAST 6 MINUTES WASTED AND I'M THE MAIN TANK SO YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT ME AND PEOPLE HAVE TO WAIT IN CERTAIN PLACES SO LASERS ON THE SPIDER BOSS DON'T KILL ME WHEN THEY START KILLING TRASH WITHOUT ME.

😡😑
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno

Seems reasonable to have a follow up comment post-patch. Spent a good amount of time last night in Kaal - 3 hours or so - and no bluescreen/crash to dashboard despite some heavy fighting. Again, just my personal experience but I felt like this latest change made a difference.

But... there was a simply massive increase in lag. I'm talking 4 seconds between pulling the trigger and a siege weapon actually firing, being unable to bar-swap in fights, abilities taking 3+ seconds to fire (with your character stuck in that animated position while you're waiting) etc. It was really bad.

Maybe it was just a rough night for the servers, but if it wasn't, then it feels like the crash/bluescreen frequency may have been reduced at the cost of a significant performance hit.

I wonder what others here experienced last night.
    PS4NA
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

Seems reasonable to have a follow up comment post-patch. Spent a good amount of time last night in Kaal - 3 hours or so - and no bluescreen/crash to dashboard despite some heavy fighting. Again, just my personal experience but I felt like this latest change made a difference.

But... there was a simply massive increase in lag. I'm talking 4 seconds between pulling the trigger and a siege weapon actually firing, being unable to bar-swap in fights, abilities taking 3+ seconds to fire (with your character stuck in that animated position while you're waiting) etc. It was really bad.

Maybe it was just a rough night for the servers, but if it wasn't, then it feels like the crash/bluescreen frequency may have been reduced at the cost of a significant performance hit.

I had the same thing last night. was taking 5-10 secs from press to summon mount to the mount appearing. Skills taking 5+ seconds to go off randomly
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just have read a similar conclusion in a facebook eso xbox group. Almost no crashes, but massive lag in Cyro.

Myself I was 6 hours in summerset (xbox EU), just 1 crash instead of the usual 6-10 (using wayshrines). Great!
    I also noticed some lag, in delves. Noticable, but ok in delves, but for PVP or hard PVE it would be critical already. Fighting worldbosses went fine.

On xbox NA 1 crash in 3 hours travelling to the stitches washrine in elsweyr, I crash there maybe 60% using that shrine. But I did nor travel there a lot, mainly crafting. At least no crash at the crafting/outfit station, that was new since the last patch before.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on February 6, 2020 3:38PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No crashes in Cyrodiil (PS4 EU). But lots of long load screens.

Then crashed when tried to do Murkmire quest. 😆
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But... there was a simply massive increase in lag.

Same happened to me: crashing less but the lag... Overwhelming.

Kaal it's my home campaign.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • AltmerElite
    AltmerElite
    ✭✭✭
    No more blue screens after the update for me.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bluescreens last night in 6+ hours of play in PS4 NA Kaal but lots of lag and random loading screens in the middle of fights still.
    Edited by itscompton on February 6, 2020 8:44PM
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭

The game is insanely laggy and delayed and SLOW like every skill takes so much time to go off. I haven’t bluescreen Personally, a couple guild mates did. Are you guys going to address the severe lag and delay? @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    LeeTemplar wrote: »
    No more blue screens after the update for me.

Currently have to agrrr
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first 20 min Cyro, crashed again,lost siege and ap
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they can fix and that's why they're silent. Console people just need to wait for next gen and hope for the best.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, for those of you who are reporting lag on PS4 after the recent patch, can you submit a ticket detailing what you are experiencing? Getting more info from those of you experiencing this would greatly help us identify commonalities between players and help identify the issue.
    Staff Post
  • devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker this should also be posted to the social media accounts in order to get netter feedback. Not too many console users are active on the forums. I see hundreds of posts on Facebook alone that don't know much about the forums
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    They know. Just don’t seem to care to fix it. More dlc means more $$ from more pve based players. They’re not making money off pvp so it’s going down the drain.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing PVP feels totally disconnected since the hotfix. Examples from in-game-experience: You do something, you don't see the effect of it. You run through a keep that sees some intense combat and the framerate drops below fluid (probably below 10fps). On the other hand, you die out of nowhere. It's comparable to the health desync bug from snipes sometimes and just very high normal lag in other situations. Since on console we have no logs, framerate or latency indicators or other tools to see what's going on, it is really incredibly hard to provide accurate feedback.

Additionally, we still have loading screens popping out of nowhere midfight. Not new. Still annoying.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complicated by the fact that it is hard for most to tell the difference between latency lag between client and server and frame rate loss caused by more going on in the game than the cpu/gpu can handle.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, for those of you who are reporting lag on PS4 after the recent patch, can you submit a ticket detailing what you are experiencing? Getting more info from those of you experiencing this would greatly help us identify commonalities between players and help identify the issue.

I have a question, since you didn't answer the other one, lets see if you actually care about your customers.

So the truth.

Do you even test these patches on actual ps4s and Xboxs. Or do you just put them out and hope for the best.

Because from what it seems, you do ZERO testing before you release the patches.