The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION DUOFINALS ROUND 2 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
We come to the FINAL FOUR! In our second round, it's the vvamps vs. the vvardens as Rivenspire takes on Vvardenfell! Who will take their place in the final rumble? YOU DECIDE!

The lineup and current standing of all contenders can be found here, so people can keep track of the overall action.

Each of these bouts will last two days, so this one ends around noon CST (5pm UTC) on February 2nd. FIIIIGHT!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on February 2, 2020 10:13PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION DUOFINALS ROUND 2 - VOTE'S CLOSED 166 votes

Rivenspire
32%
vailjohn_ESOErdbeermuffinDarkstorneMuizerAektannMalthorneMasterSpatulaDjennkunimbliEdziukargen27WldKardeVulsahdaalListerJMCReverbnewtinmplsLarianaBomblePantsIlsabetDojohoda 54 votes
Vvardenfell
67%
Galenccloyesb14_ESOAelorinGythralSoupDragonkenneth.friisb16_ESOZephiran23madeeh91rwb17_ESOLoves_guarshondelinkJoanOfOrcCloudtraderOlauronAdernathIluvrienJenziSilverwillowcyclonus11Enemy-of-ColdharbourArcVelarian 112 votes
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire
    The best quest line in the base game in my opinion
    The atmosphere is awesome
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    ITS VVARDENFELL
    tumblr_or5ds7CYdx1w8sh9no1_400.gif
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Rivenspire?! Seriously? Place is awful.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Too easy.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    I hate Rivenspire. Its as if they found the most inconvenient places to put wayshrines, dolmens, and delves then put tons of skeevers between them
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Love Rivenspire for the Vampires but Vvardenfell hands down for the guars :)
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Rivenspire is hands down my favorite zone in the base game and against anything but Vvardenfell it would win by a big margin. But damn, Morrowind was my first TES game and going there brings it all back so Vvardenfell it is.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Rivenspire is hands down my favorite zone in the base game and against anything but Vvardenfell it would win by a big margin. But damn, Morrowind was my first TES game and going there brings it all back so Vvardenfell it is.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I really love Rivenspire, it's by far one of the best, if not the best vanilla zone in the game. But the Morrowind throwback (which was my first TES as well) that Vvardenfell does for me, is just too strong.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire
    So it will be tes3 player and a few other vs the rest
    Nostalgia is a powerful weapon
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    I guess since I never played Morrowind I'm in the minority, but I just never liked Vvardenfell and couldn't wait to get out of that zone ASAP.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two zones I could do without!
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Honestly I'm not a big fan of either, but if I would choose a zone I would quest in all over again I would choose vvardenfell. I'm not that interested in brown, darker brown and some more brown which is basically the entire rivenspire zone, awesome story line though.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    like who would vote for rivenspire other than masochistic vampire rpers it has the worst design out of all of the zones is crawling with vampire adds and is just all around a pain to navigate through ecen worse than greenshade.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    My favourite place in game. Vivec City's great for crafting.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    I do like the storyline in Rivenspire but I play mostly Dunmers so I have to vote for Vvardenfell. Plus I really like the landscape and atmosphere of Vvardenfell.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    In Vvardenfell I wanted to kick most if not all the NPCs down a well.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Hhnnnnggg shrooms
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Since it seems like it already doesn't matter, I'll throw in a token Darien vote.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Make me pick between my children, why don’t ya?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Darien Gautier says, "Welcome to Rivenspire, land of women and war."
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Darien Gautier says, "Welcome to Rivenspire, land of women and war."

He was lying, you know.
    "Welcome to Rivenspire, land of insufferable goth vampires and skeevers. And zombies. And skeever zombies (I suppose)." :D
    Edited by Varana on February 1, 2020 12:47PM
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Vvardenfell is easily my favourite zone in the game. I love the architecture, the giant mushroom high fantasy look which is so different from anything else, the storyline and nostalgia. Vivec is my home crafting base and Ald Velothi is my main residence.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    I also like Rosy the baby Netch, although I couldn't find her. I hope she is having nice adventures with other netchies and warming her belly on the lava rivers.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Bit mean to compare Rivenspire to a DLC zone... Rivenspire is amazingly atmospheric and has some great quests (the quest with the repentant guy who donates to orphanages and is holed up is funny AF), however I must reluctantly put my vote down for Vvardenfell.

Funny though, I thought of Rivenspire just recently when I considered starting a 'weirdest, most nonsensical ESO quest' thread (which I don´t have time for). If you haven´t done it, there is a quest in Rivenspire called 'Ancient Power' which has a pretty good backstory - in fact IMO they should not have wasted it on a sidequest but it almost deserves its own game or at least a DLC pack. However they then completely dropped the ball on the quest implementation and writing, making it not having any kind of sense whatsoever. Read on but spoiler alert:
    Basically, there is a relic called the Tear of Anurraame. What does it do you ask? It bloody destroys entire cities! Oh and what does Montclair do in order to get it and blow up the Daggerfall Covenant? Well, he... sends a few people. Not an army, to get this insanely powerful relic... just... a few troops. Who then put it... on a dinghy!??! Oh and what does the Mages´ Guild do in order to, again, stop this amazingly powerful death star weapon? They send their most incompetent mage. Deliberately.

WHO WRITES THIS STUFF!?!??!
    Edited by MaleAmazon on February 1, 2020 8:35PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    I'm still peeved that Vvardenfall shrank in the wash since TES III. I cannot forgive that.

Also ... Rivenspire.... Darien Gautier.

Gotta go Rivenspire
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    I wonder how much of Vvardenfell's success comes from nestalgia from Morrowind?
    I know that is what influenced my vote.
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    IMO this poll should of been Summerset vs Vvardenfell.

Comparing a faction zone to a DLC area wasn’t a good match up.
    Edited by Coppes on February 1, 2020 9:49PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire
    IMO this poll should of been Summerset vs Vvardenfell.

Comparing a faction zone to a DLC area wasn’t a good match up.

If it makes you feel better, that's what the finals will likely be.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Lethallin
    Lethallin
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell
    Both have great questlines, Rivenspire has topless Da(d)rien and his bread... Vvardenfell has no doubtedly got the best music out of all of the zones and the bard songs, don't get me started on them! Rivenspire has the best questline in the DC zones, Morrowind has one of the best DLC storylines (Clockwork is a bit behind it and Summerset is right at the top).
    Master Outfitter
    Formerly on Xbox NA server, CP 1009 (Joined October 15, 2017)
    Avela Hlaalu: Dunmer Mag DK
    Mends-the-Stars: Argonian Warden Healer
    Arainai Sulah'Nehn: Breton Magplar
    Zevrana Fen'Ris: Orc Stamblade
    V'Laste: Altmer Magblade
    -Hot: Breton Mag DK
    Necromina: Breton Necromancer Healer
    -Cute: Orc Stamcro
    Eletania Valarian: Breton Templar Healer

Now on PC NA server, CP 380 (Joined December 26, 2019)
    Avela Hlaalu: Dunmer Magcro
    Mender of Stars: Khajiit Warden Healer
    -Fenris: Bosmer Stamden
    Mends-the-Guars: Argonian Nightblade Healer
    -Lavellan: Breton Templar Healer
    -Solas: Breton Magblade
    -Vakarian: Breton Magsorc
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Vvardenfell heads into the final round!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.