The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Pricing

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Do you like how items are priced in the crown store? Or are they too expensive for your tastes?

Crown Store Pricing 77 votes

I like how items are currently priced - fine as it is
2%
vestahlsUnseelie 2 votes
Some of the items are overpriced
50%
haploeb14_ESOKendaricNemesis7884AlienSlofDTStormfoxeklhaftb16_ESONic727Nebthet78ivanakamarkusJoanOfOrcjircris11Izumi94LadyDestinyProfessorKittyhawkJackeyTheDominionTheImperfectSshadowSscaleYellow_MonolithKiralyn2000 39 votes
All of the items are overpriced
46%
calitrumanb14_ESOGadamlub14_ESOninibiniNerouynEdaphonxxthir13enxxDamagedInc666Sanctum74HallothielJolipinatorTokenIntellectLady_LindelLordLomaxSpartabunny08iiYukitgrippaRaisinSchokoladewolf486Finedaible 36 votes
  • DelosTheta
    DelosTheta
    ✭✭✭
    Is this that lawyer thing, never ask a question unless you already know the answer?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But that's fine for me because i don't buy anything while other people are willing to pay extra money for stuff so they basically are the ones who sustain this game (plus ESO+ subs)
  • haploeb14_ESO
    haploeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To me. Some of the houses are overpriced.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is notoriously overpriced.

Just look at outfit slots. This is one system where ESO theoretically beats the pants off Skyrim. But the cost of using the system is so *** outrageous that it may as well not exist.

Once upon a time ZO used to periodically massively discount crowns. Seemingly they set their crown store prices to only be reasonable if you only ever bought crowns when discounted.

Which seriously screwed subscribers and also anyone unaware of their scheme and who didn't have discounted crowns stashed when one of the game's ubiquitous LIMITED TIME ONLY offerings came out which a player wanted to buy.

They've stopped offering those massive discounts but crown store prices haven't dropped.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say SOME items are reasonably priced, but most are not.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • IndianaJames7
      IndianaJames7
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dude, I wish everything in life cost less... what is your point here? They are a company trying to maximize profit... that’s how the world works. They have access to sales data that we don’t and presumably they have priced their items accordingly.
    • Nerouyn
      Nerouyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dude, I wish everything in life cost less... what is your point here? They are a company trying to maximize profit... that’s how the world works. They have access to sales data that we don’t and presumably they have priced their items accordingly.

The second stretch goal for the Skyrim reveal wasn't met. Not even close.

Single player Skyrim was a mega hit and is still hugely popular. Bethesda recently hid the player numbers on Steam for the original (they're desperate for players to move to spec), but about half of its players are still there. So double the number for the special edition one.

I recall there being a lot more viewers for the Elsweyr reveal.

The game is losing players. Crown store pricing is probably one of the factors driving players away.

In which case, it wouldn't be maximizing profit.
    • Iccotak
      Iccotak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Maybe people would find crown crates more consumer friendly if they were cheaper
    • RefLiberty
      RefLiberty
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I do believe that store is driving players away as most of the cool stuff is not obtainable through playing the game.
      When new players come, they see the store and prices there, and just leave.
      No normal person likes the feeling of being milked or cheated.
    • daemonios
      daemonios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Missing option: I don't do Clown Store and have never purchased a Clown. That's not the same as saying the prices are too high, it's saying the Clown store shouldn't exist at all.
    • iiYuki
      iiYuki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The crown store is stupidly overpriced. I would consider buying more stuff if I didn't look at them and realise a single item can cost over £30. (If you work it out from the point of view of someone with 0 crowns) Some mounts cost £10.99 - £18.99, outfits at £5.99 - £18.99 and notable houses as much as £74.99 - £109.99.
      Im fine with the justification that services like name and race changes have but it it justifiable that you can spend more than the game and all dlcs combines on one or two small items.
      "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
      - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
    • Iccotak
      Iccotak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      daemonios wrote: »
      Missing option: I don't do Clown Store and have never purchased a Clown. That's not the same as saying the prices are too high, it's saying the Clown store shouldn't exist at all.

The merit of the existence of the crown store is a different discussion
    • vestahls
      vestahls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like how items are currently priced - fine as it is
      Considering that you don't need to buy anything from the crownstore at all, it's fine as it is imo. People with money to spare will spend it, people without money to spare won't spend it and won't miss out on anything other than convenience and vanity items.
      “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
      luv Abnur
      luv Rigurt
      luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
      'ate Razum-dar
      'ate Khamira

simple as
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This poll is rather void from the start. Zos has another poll that works so much better than any that can be created in the forums. It is the poll that results from crown store sales. It should seem pretty obvious that if sales are good then the revenue is good so the prices are fine. If they sales are not good then Zos would have to lower the price like any other business.

Those that would in the poll here saying the prices are to high are merely saying the prices are to high for them, not speaking from the perspective a business manager or economist would.

So keep voting in the poll that really mattes. Buy or do not buy. That is the only vote on this subject that really matters in the end.
    • daemonios
      daemonios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Iccotak wrote: »
      daemonios wrote: »

The merit of the existence of the crown store is a different discussion

Agreed, but if you're asking potentially all of the players whether the store is overpriced, you should allow for those players who don't believe the store should exist at all to say so. When you start assuming those sorts of premises, you limit the discussion and make it poorer. There are enough people who apparently believe an in-game store is inevitable in this day and age. I will keep repeating that this is not the case as long as I care enough about ESO to use these forums.
    • LadyDestiny
      LadyDestiny
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Some items are definitely overpriced. Like 4k for a statue?