The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

The changes this game needs

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Cap health at 30k, significantly reduce group and off healing, remove the upper cap on proxy det, add a snare/immobilise cooldown like CCs have, standardise CC animations and break times, fix double CC glitch, nerf tri pots and poisons, change block to add resistances rather than stop % mitigation, lower movement speed cap, buff guard skill mitigation to 50% but make it a channel and nerf sources of minor and major protection and stop guards from being able to CC.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on the off healing, healing in general is too strong atm. They should use battle spirit to Balance that so that it won't affect PvE.

I don't agree on the mitigation, they would destroy PvE tanking if that would actually happen. It would be too big to just include in battle spirit.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on the off healing, healing in general is too strong atm. They should use battle spirit to Balance that so that it won't affect PvE.

I don't agree on the mitigation, they would destroy PvE tanking if that would actually happen. It would be too big to just include in battle spirit.

I forgot to include all as battle spirit changes, PvE balance should be totally separate
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

I forgot to include all as battle spirit changes, PvE balance should be totally separate

When is the last time they added anything else to Battle Spirit? As long as I've been playing it's always been the same buffs/debuffs.

I always loved the idea of making more things inclusive with Battle Spirit because it doesn't *** off the PvE players when PvP NEEDS changes. But I think that ship has sailed at this point.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo there are too many "broken" combinations in the game now to have any chances to fix game by global nerfs. ZOS should just address particular combinations. For example let's say S&B block+healing is OP. Separate nerf of healing or block wouldn't solve anything, because combining mitigation+healing will still be most efficient. But ZOS can add debuff to S&B blocking (healing done, not healing received), something like -50% to healing done if you are blocking with S&B. So you need for example to block ultimate and then release block and heal. If you are PVE tank you still be healed by healer for full value. Yeah, this will hurt 3dd PVE dungeon runs and some trials will became rougher... but everybody is complaining that healer is not needed in PVE outside of vet trials, so why PVE-ers would object to this?
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on January 31, 2020 3:45AM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo there are too many "broken" combinations in the game now to have any chances to fix game by global nerfs. ZOS should just address particular combinations. For example let's say S&B block+healing is OP. Separate nerf of healing or block wouldn't solve anything, because combining mitigation+healing will still be most efficient. But ZOS can add debuff to S&B blocking (healing done, not healing received), something like -50% to healing done if you are blocking with S&B. So you need for example to block ultimate and then release block and heal. If you are PVE tank you still be healed by healer for full value. Yeah, this will hurt 3dd PVE dungeon runs and some trials will became rougher... but everybody is complaining that healer is not needed in PVE outside of vet trials, so why PVE-ers would object to this?

This has been the case for a long time now apart from super end game content, healers have become uselss and irrelevant, however you go into PvP and healers are abundant some times I would say 1 in 3 players are either a healer or a magplar, and most ball groups and dedicated zerglings maybe even 1 in 2. There is too much ap rewarded for healing and 1 Mediocre healer in a group is worth half a dozen Mediocre dps.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When is the last time they added anything else to Battle Spirit? As long as I've been playing it's always been the same buffs/debuffs.

I always loved the idea of making more things inclusive with Battle Spirit because it doesn't *** off the PvE players when PvP NEEDS changes. But I think that ship has sailed at this point.

I too don’t think they will ever add anything else to battle spirit. Less calculation for the server. The more you to battle spirit the heavier load on server and with all the troubles we are having in general and ZOS saying they are working on optimization for the server.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capping HP will never happen (diminishing returns on all HP above 25k would however be welcomed) and the rest of your ideas are basically:

"Lets roleplay as a ZOS dev and turn upside down on literally everything and see how it goes"

The reduction of cross healing will also most likely don't happen since PvE is a thing. Adding a healing debuff for blocking is probably the dumbest thing I've heard as well (not related to OP's original statement but to the comments after made by others).If you want to adress the high survivability in PvP start small like:

* Add diminishing returns on max HP above 25k
    * Reduce minor maim from 15% down to 8%
    * Increase DoT damage by 15-20%
    * Brint down major protection and major vulnerability to 20%
    * Rework armor pots to give less armor or get rid of it for something else.

These are small and relatively "easy" changes that won't have gamebreaking effects, but still adress the issues.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Capping HP will never happen (diminishing returns on all HP above 25k would however be welcomed) and the rest of your ideas are basically:

"Lets roleplay as a ZOS dev and turn upside down on literally everything and see how it goes"

The reduction of cross healing will also most likely don't happen since PvE is a thing. Adding a healing debuff for blocking is probably the dumbest thing I've heard as well (not related to OP's original statement but to the comments after made by others).If you want to adress the high survivability in PvP start small like:

These are small and relatively "easy" changes that won't have gamebreaking effects, but still adress the issues.

You're saying that adding a debuff to the healing block is the stupidest idea you've heard. Why don't you think what you are offering might be even more stupid? Although what Martini suggested is a very original idea and I don't think it's stupid in any way.

*Add diminishing returns on max HP above 25k - Are you suggesting that we break down an already poorly working system called - play as you like? Due to the fact that the already established standards HP
    * Reduce minor maim from 15% down to 8% - I don't think this has anything to do with big healing patch. Because the pressure itself is dead. I can give you an example of how people easily refuse to use 2h Sword in favor of 2h Axe or Maul.
    * Increase DoT damage by 15-20% - You offer UP a standard set of pressure for DK without calculations.
    * Brint down major protection and major vulnerability to 20% - The event chain will be started. Most likely after this you will have to process other types of buff such as Mending, Vitality and etc
    *Rework armor pots to give less armor or get rid of it for something else - Ah, armor is armor, it's only a slight bonus in the meta healing. Although this may be your only thoughtful suggestion.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on January 31, 2020 8:41AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're saying that adding a debuff to the healing block is the stupidest idea you've heard. Why don't you think what you are offering might be even more stupid? Although what Martini suggested is a very original idea and I don't think it's stupid in any way.

*Add diminishing returns on max HP above 25k - Are you suggesting that we break down an already poorly working system called - play as you like? Due to the fact that the already established standards HP
    * Reduce minor maim from 15% down to 8% - I don't think this has anything to do with big healing patch. Because the pressure itself is dead. I can give you an example of how people refuse to use 2h Sword in favor of 2h Axe or Maul.
    * Increase DoT damage by 15-20% - You offer UP a standard set of pressure for DK without calculations.
    * Brint down major protection and major vulnerability to 20% - The event chain will be started. Most likely after this you will have to process other types of buff such as Mending, Vitality and etc
    *Rework armor pots to give less armor or get rid of it for something else - Ah, armor is armor, it's only a slight bonus in the meta healing. Although this may be your only thoughtful suggestion.

That player has answer in his own signature - he runs FOTM nowadays, and all the current meta is build upon s&b backbar + bloodspawn + 2 damage sets, nord. That kind of build has crazy mitigation, but damage potential is at borderline of needed for quick burst and concentrated around small time window, so if there are at least couple of factors on target like 28k+ HP (which is reachable in CP without any sacrifices simply bewitched skulls+all tri-glyphs), 35k+ resistances or god save us, access to minor maim, meta build simply can't burst targets...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

* Reduce minor maim from 15% down to 8% - I don't think this has anything to do with big healing patch. Because the pressure itself is dead. I can give you an example of how people refuse to use 2h Sword in favor of 2h Axe or Maul.

That player has answer in his own signature - he runs FOTM nowadays, and all the current meta is build upon s&b backbar + bloodspawn + 2 damage sets, nord. That kind of build has crazy mitigation, but damage potential is at borderline of needed for quick burst and concentrated around small time window, so if there are at least couple of factors on target like 28k+ HP (which is reachable in CP without any sacrifices simply bewitched skulls+all tri-glyphs), 35k+ resistances or god save us, access to minor maim, meta build simply can't burst targets...

My signature is more of a jest since I used to play alot of werewolf (which never really was a meta alternative, at least if you ask me), and since ww got nerfed to the ground in scalebreaker I current enjoy the "fotm" like everyone else, since ZOS doesn't seem to like diversity since everything needs to be standardized.......
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    The most important change would be to make the combat system more intuitive. As it is now, beginners just do not understand what the buffs, debuffs and effects really mean and how they stack. The only way is to rely on an outside sources and the typical result is the uniformity of builds (the typical advice to a confused beginner who comes to forums asking for help is "google Alcast"). This i not very healthy. I want some in-depth info available in game.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Cap health at 30k, significantly reduce group and off healing, remove the upper cap on proxy det, add a snare/immobilise cooldown like CCs have, standardise CC animations and break times, fix double CC glitch, nerf tri pots and poisons, change block to add resistances rather than stop % mitigation, lower movement speed cap, buff guard skill mitigation to 50% but make it a channel and nerf sources of minor and major protection and stop guards from being able to CC.

Judging from your other thread "Bows need buff", are you a frustrated bowganker?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My signature is more of a jest since I used to play alot of werewolf (which never really was a meta alternative, at least if you ask me), and since ww got nerfed to the ground in scalebreaker I current enjoy the "fotm" like everyone else, since ZOS doesn't seem to like diversity since everything needs to be standardized.......

Then I don't understand why you think that nerfing healing done while blocking with shield will be so bad idea. Block+healing is current meta and majority says that current meta is worst what we had in N last patches, so what do we lose if block healing will be somewhat limited? -50% to healing done was exaggeration of course, but if 85% of players including magicka ones are running with S&B back bar something is wrong with balance.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no. Lets not kill all creativity altogether. Theory crafting and buildmaking is one of the few enjoyable things left in this game and all variety in pvp will be lost. If you put these hindrances on players then you only make the meta narrower.

If someone has over 30k hp and can live forever then 9/10 his damage will be pretty much non-existent and onslaught will turn them to mincemeat. If you are getting killed by proxy debt then don't stand on zergling stacks. If someone over heals forever then poisons and stuns will take care of them like the regen trash they are. If someone is a glass cannon and can one-shot me then I'll attempt to avoid his burst and return with my own after. That is the way the game has been since the beginning of time, balance in randomness and just because something is strong against you doesn't mean its strong to everyone else. Just find what works effectively against the most types of players that you can instead of asking to nerf everyone whos already doing that.

As for real changes this game actually needs... breaking free not working, predetermined death stoping reactions at 30% health, lag in general group fights, staying in combat forever, loading screens mid fight, and unloaded chunks- these are all things that really need to change for this game since they, ya know, actually hinder gameplay?
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add mistform to that list, blockcast burst heals, mistform and pop tripot, you now have a build with 15k resists with major armour buff up running around tankier than literally everything else in the game, it really needs to be drastically toned down, remove cc immunity in mistform, change resistances to major protection.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »

Judging from your other thread "Bows need buff", are you a frustrated bowganker?

😂😂 I wish I had such little shame, I run stamplar, stamcro, stamdk and magsorc, Im over slow paced sword and board gameplay but its chalk and cheese between bow and board.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then I don't understand why you think that nerfing healing done while blocking with shield will be so bad idea. Block+healing is current meta and majority says that current meta is worst what we had in N last patches, so what do we lose if block healing will be somewhat limited? -50% to healing done was exaggeration of course, but if 85% of players including magicka ones are running with S&B back bar something is wrong with balance.

The problem is that without something like SnB backbar on a magplar in nocp (just an example), with avarage breath of life heal of 5-7k (which are realistic numbers on a non healbot spec), you're dead meat without a group carrying you. That's assuming your opponent is somewhat competent...

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The problem is that without something like SnB backbar on a magplar in nocp (just an example), with avarage breath of life heal of 5-7k (which are realistic numbers on a non healbot spec), you're dead meat without a group carrying you. That's assuming your opponent is somewhat competent...

I only run resto back bars on all my mag toons. In places like BGs a S&B back bar makes you uncompetitive.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    [
    😂😂 I wish I had such little shame, I run stamplar, stamcro, stamdk and magsorc, Im over slow paced sword and board gameplay but its chalk and cheese between bow and board.

My apologies. :)
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭

It makes sense, and I was surprised when I imagined what it would look like. We are currently can't make a chain of explosion combos with a clamped block, but we can healing pressure.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on January 31, 2020 2:44PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People are going after block casting but in the grand scheme of things it won’t change much. It’ll have a large effect on duels. small effect on BGs, and mainly hit small scalers.

I guess if you’re an average Zerg surfer or solo player it’s annoying, but it’ll probably reinforce ball groups as the dominant playstyle in Cyro.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Diminishing returns after a certain value.... hmm, like the soft caps we had during the first year? Tbh there's a lot of things that have changed for the worse, including the removal of soft caps (and dynamic ulti gen)

If major protection and major vulnerability are reduced I don't know if we'd need a change to minor maim, maybe down to 10% though and put the major/minor debuffs in line with other buffs like Force.

Somewhere between the dot meta and what is currently live exists a happy medium that works.

AFAIK the armor pots only give health plus armor right? Sacrificing magicka or stamina in favor of armor is a valid choice, in a way. But, if it were lined up with Fortified Brass' 5 piece bonus, I think it could be lowered accordingly.

Good suggestions though, maybe a little tweaking/massaging.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Solaire
    Solaire
    ✭✭✭