The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox Frozen Loadingscreens

FreshlyB8ked
FreshlyB8ked
✭✭✭✭
My loading screen is freezing. It happens at least once everyday in my playing session. I end up having to force close the app and I often do not return to the game that day once it happens. It's very frustrating. I'd take an unusually long loadscreen over being forced to dashboard everyday.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else on Xbox experiencing this? I get this daily, but only once a day.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FreshlyB8ked

When did this issue first start to happen?

There is troubleshooting in the help article below that can improve loading issues on the Xbox.

What do I do if I my ESO character can't load into a zone?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Hi BillE,

I first noticed the issue back in April.
    I wasn't playing as often then as I normally do, so it wasn't an issue I pressed to hard. I did report the bug back in April though.
    I have since returned to playing on a daily basis and I'm experiencing this freeze on the loading screen daily. It goes into the loading screen for just a few seconds then the Ouroboros will just freeze and stop spinning. I've tried waiting it out to see if it would continue, but it never has. I have to force quit the game and go to the dashboard. I won't be able to troubleshoot with that article until this evening, but I will update you once I have to see if that resolves the issue.
    Thank you for replying. It's very much appreciated.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @FreshlyB8ked

There is troubleshooting in the help article below that can improve loading issues on the Xbox.

Same guide that's been posted for years... always assuming that the issue is player side despite the hundreds of multiplatform threads made over the years about server issues. I know it's not the ideal business model to admit the game has some serious issues but being deliberately misleading isn't helpful either.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Bille How about if someone over there actually plays on xbox so they themselves can get a good picture of what we are going through now huh?!?
    Edited by jadarock on November 20, 2019 11:32PM
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing the same issue on a daily basis. I just reset my Xbox and then it doesn't seem to happen anymore. At least, for a while.
    Edited by Sylianwe on April 11, 2021 2:11AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malfoy wrote: »
    I've been experiencing the same issue on a daily basis. I just reset my Xbox and then it doesn't happen anymore. At least, for a while.

Whether or not zos will admit it, this game has a serious memory leak. What you describe is spot on to the symptoms of such an issue. I believe a majority of players have experienced this at one point or another, some of us on a daily/ weekly basis. But you never know, you may need to check if you have a valid internet connection ;)
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Hi BillE,

Unfortunately the troubleshooting in that article didn’t resolve the issue. I completed those steps but got a freezing loadscreen roughly 30-45 minutes after logging in tonight.
    Any other suggestions or will this be addressed in a future patch?
    Thanks for your help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FreshlyB8ked

Have you opened a ticket with customer support?

If not, you should go ahead and do so as they can investigate further into possible reasons why you continue to run into long loading screens as you play ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I haven’t, but I will.
    Thank you for your help.
  • mvavrock7b14_ESO
    mvavrock7b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't been able to really play the game since Nov 5th patch. I get frozen loading screens from character selection menu and any time I have a loading screen in game I get kick off. ZOS blames it on Dynamic IP internet, but I have been playing on this internet for over a year now and this conveniently happened after patch 24.

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also play on Xbox and I have encountered locked load screens and black "blank" load screens since Elsweyr and it's even worse in Dragonhold.

At least 1 in 4 fast travels in either N or S elsweyr results in a locked load screen. I can't even enter the "townhall" in Senchal without a locked load screen.

This happens repeatedly on a daily basis. Chasing dragons is a chore since fast travelling is a gamble at best, so I am forced to sit and wait for the next spawn or risk locked load screens.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a bit. My wife's account gets this Everytime (and I mean everytime) she first loads in and then travels for the first time. We end up having to delete her saved data before being able to sign back in. Then all works fine...most of the time.
    For the Empire
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure these long load screens are getting worse. I don't know what these maintenance sessions are for, but they don't seem to be fixing this.

I've always thought they should stop PvP in PvE areas, it takes noticeably longer to load into Wayshrines etc when there's a bunch of... people... duelling nearby.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. They should make dueling in towns a crime with a bounty and sick the guards on them. (Disturbing the peace)

This would discourage the cluster of duelists everywhere and help with load times at wayshrines.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately I've been getting alot of locked load screens while logging out to quit or change characters, as well as the game crashing to dashboard at the character select screen during the first boot up for the day.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a new one for me.

An "unusually long load time" which lead to a DC for "inactivity" LOL

Gotta love it, keeps getting better.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on December 20, 2019 1:31AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which XB are you playing on? I noticed this over the Thanksgiving holiday, when I was playing ESO on my sister's XB One S. Never have a problem when playing on my XB One X, but this was a frequent issue when playing on her S. I was using my SSD, which I also use when I play on my X, but that didn't help any.

At least one hard crash to dashboard per play session and then it was a gamble porting via wayshrines. Sometimes you'd arrive just fine, and other times the load screen would hang, forcing a hard quit to dashboard. Whenever I'd log back in, my character would be at the intended wayshrine.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on the original Xbox one, no X or S. I also have ESO on an external SSD.

Your crashes are the exact same thing I run into. Sounds to me more like an ESO problem than an Xbox problem.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I upgraded to the Xbox one X and put ESO on a SSD drive, my loading issues stopped. Also, do you hard reset your Xbox? Another option that helped me is to uninstall and then reinstall the game.
  • Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    I get this every day now. Ive been trying for 50 minutes so far to get in. Frozen load screen, after character select every time
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @FreshlyB8ked

Every. Day
  • CycnusX1TheGreat
    I get this every session on my brand new Xbox one S. I also get the frozen screen with the terrible buzzing noise until disconnect at least once per session — usually in pvp
  • Tommyguns818
    Everyday flippin day. Same thing. Been going on a little over a week. Xbox one S

Update: Every character currently can't even load. Xbox one S. Now been trying for an hour. Did the power reset and cleared saved data too. Will make ticket. Good luck to anybody out there.
    Edited by Tommyguns818 on February 1, 2020 12:41AM
    XBOX One gamertag: Cur1UpAndDie