The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden Bear in PVP

Pdoherty4637_ESO
Pdoherty4637_ESO
✭✭✭
Right now, in PVP, the bear really needs some love. Its seems to be fine in PVE, but rather bland and boring to use. I only use it for fun and to be a bit off-meta, but it could honestly be good, unique, and fun to use with just a few changes. Perhaps increase the frequency of the charged attack it uses and decrease the time it takes to perform the animation. As it is, the bear's "heavy attack" only ever hits unintended targets that happen to walk through it at the right time. The damage is decent and the stun is nice but its too slow and too infrequent. The active portion of the ultimate skill should be a charge ability, causing the bear to gap close the target to prevent ultimate being consumed and nothing happening because the bear is smelling the flowers halfway accross the battleground. Additionally the active portion should have a similar mechanic to incap strike in that, if cast at a higher ultimate value, say 120-170, the bear gap closes and also stuns the target, or instead applies a buff/debuff. Finally, either take away some damage/funtionality and remove the double bar requirement OR (in a dream world) designate one weapon/skill bar as a defensive bar and the other weapon/skill bar as offensive and have the ultimate have a different effect depending on what skill bar you are on. The defensive bar could be a heal/buff/damage shield (A fitting animation is already built to the game on the Haven of Ursus set) . Then you could chose via weapon swapping whether to cast the offensive or defensive ultimate effect.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming the AI on the bear is actually working well then the bear is more or less OP in a 1v1 fight. So other than AI fixes the bear should receive no buffs.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was really strong at the beginning. I did hit people for 17k bear executes. But it got nerfed by around 60% if i recall bc of pve plebs
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we dont need buffed pets in pvp. i am not interestet in some wardens hiding in pets and avoiding being targeted.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    we dont need buffed pets in pvp. i am not interestet in some wardens hiding in pets and avoiding being targeted.

We still need untargetable pets.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please no. I will always enjoy my MagSorc, but the thought of even more traveling zoos is not fun.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

Please no. I will always enjoy my MagSorc, but the thought of even more traveling zoos is not fun.

i don't really care about the pets being everywhere.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was really strong at the beginning.
    I did hit people for 17k bear executes.
    But it got nerfed by around 60% if i recall bc of pve plebs
    +100% agreement to the OP and this.
    The nerfed Warden bear is absolutely useless in PvP.

ZOS, please do not design ultimates which need to be double-barred,
    and still are constantly dead in PvP and have attacks which can be easily avoided.
    Even "Maw of the Infernal" works better than the Warden bear...

Suggestion: ZOS, please turn the Warden Bear Ultimate into
    a better version of the new Necro's Blighted Blastbones.
    It should jump on a target as a gap closer which stuns the target and applies Major defile.

Edited by BalticBlues on January 30, 2020 9:38AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

and still are constantly dead in PvP and have attacks which can be easily avoided.

It should jump on a target as a gap closer which stuns the target and applies Major defile.

i don't think this is a good idea at all.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funniest thing about bear is that if warden is in stealth, bear is not :D idk if this is bug but looks really funny.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue with the bear is it can be killed so damn easily. If it were untargetable the skill would be ok.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Enternal Guardian morph is useless, especially in PVE where pets nowadays cannot be targeted/killed.
    The Feral Guardian is a flat out damage buff.

If the bear had some utility attacks aside from the small cone, long "cast time" stunning maul... Which is fine in itself, but some more animations/abilities would be nice.

Maw of the Infernal has a direct DoT bite that it slaps on a target while it does periodic clawing, then the chasing/mobile fire breath which is conal DoT (and it's just a set proc of 2 peices).

WW wolves have a snare/gnaw, minor maim, and periodic thrusts (and they are just additions to all else the WW ultimate offers, passively).

So I'd like to know why the bear has such limitations for being an ultimate that consumes both skill slots?
    I'd just like to see more interaction with the bear, considering it was the whole hype of the cinematic Morrowind trailer.

My ideas;
    -The bear is a strong/blunt creature, maybe make it "break" the armour of enemies, reducing their physical resistance (minor fracture).
    -The Eternal Guardian could do a roar that calls a wave of spirits that deal AoE magic damage around it periodically.

Idk, I'm going back to class now.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only change I think is needed is that when you activate the ultimate, the bear should be able to switch targets if it's original target died. Similar to the blast bones. Too many times you cast the ult and the bear never reaches the target before you kill it. So now you have just wasted ultimate because the bear AI is awful.
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭

woah there pal lets not break 2 classes now
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funniest thing about bear is that if warden is in stealth, bear is not :D idk if this is bug but looks really funny.

Yes is a bug but totally agree one of the funniest is seeing a netch or a bear just strolling along by itself like wtf.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make bear great again!