Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master writ problem

IAH
IAH
Soul Shriven
I have trouble with creating a master writ:

Task:
Craft a Superb Glyph of Bracing

I cant find Bracing anywhere

• pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think that's maybe the shield glyph? Not 100% though.
  • IAH
    IAH
    Soul Shriven
    The shield glyph is for Bashing, not the Bracing
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAH wrote: »
    The shield glyph is for Bashing, not the Bracing

There should also be a Shielding Glyph, but I don't think I ever heard of a Bracing one.
    I'm at work right now (ahem...), I'll check tonight with my crafter
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bracing used to be shield-play. Should be the shield glyph with a negative potency.
  • IAH
    IAH
    Soul Shriven
    negative potency?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jehade

The link above only goes to CP100
    Edited by xWarbrain on October 29, 2019 1:30PM
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bracing was an old heavy armor passive that reduced cost of blocking. Sounds like writ wording is out of date, but probably refers to the Kaderi + Jehade runes.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They changed the name of the glyph recently to bracing from shield-play, at the same time they removed bash cost reduction from it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    They changed the name of the glyph recently to bracing from shield-play, at the same time they removed bash cost reduction from it.

Right! From the Dragonhold patch notes:

Shield-Play Enchants: These enchantments no longer grant Bash cost reduction. They are now called “Bracing” enchantments, rather than Shield-Play.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And there's no way in game to check what this glyph is? Or what runes are necessary to create it?

That's super helpful
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the jewelry glyph for reducing block cost

Jehade-Kaderi-Kuta if legendary
    Jehade-Kaderi-Rekuta if epic

Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    And there's no way in game to check what this glyph is? Or what runes are necessary to create it?

That's super helpful

If you have all the runes translated, when you put all 3 in (before you craft it) it will display the name of the glyph you will be creating.

If you don't have all 3 runes you're using translated it will say 'unknown glyph'
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • sithus1966_ESO
    They changed it and the game does not recognize it as completed for a Master Writ.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed it and the game does not recognize it as completed for a Master Writ.

I accepted this master writ (craft legendary superb glyph of bracing) and Crafting Writ Assistant would not auto craft this for me. I manually crafted it with Jehade/Kaderi/Kuta and the quest progress updated to show the master writ completed and I was able to turn in the quest.
    Master Craftsman!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I accepted this master writ (craft legendary superb glyph of bracing) and Crafting Writ Assistant would not auto craft this for me. I manually crafted it with Jehade/Kaderi/Kuta and the quest progress updated to show the master writ completed and I was able to turn in the quest.

Get Writ Worthy. It crafts writs before you even accept them, if you have them in your inventory and then you can just click-accept-turn in even 100 of them in a row. IDK how Crafting Writ Assistant works but Writ Worthy certainly does the job done.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1605-WritWorthy.html Use it conjunction with Lazy Writ Crafter https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Get Writ Worthy. It crafts writs before you even accept them, if you have them in your inventory and then you can just click-accept-turn in even 100 of them in a row. IDK how Crafting Writ Assistant works but Writ Worthy certainly does the job done.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1605-WritWorthy.html Use it conjunction with Lazy Writ Crafter https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

Wow! I really appreciate this info! I have Writ Worthy, but had no idea I could queue up all the master writs in my inventory! I had heard that maybe this was possible, but wasn't' sure what was needed to do it.I will have to check with some of my guild mates that have attainable stations at there houses if they would be willing to give me decorator permissions so I can utilize the HomeStationMarker to speed up crafting the queued writs even faster! Thanks again!
    Master Craftsman!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow! I really appreciate this info! I have Writ Worthy, but had no idea I could queue up all the master writs in my inventory! I had heard that maybe this was possible, but wasn't' sure what was needed to do it.I will have to check with some of my guild mates that have attainable stations at there houses if they would be willing to give me decorator permissions so I can utilize the HomeStationMarker to speed up crafting the queued writs even faster! Thanks again!

In your controls you have key binds for various addons. Writ Worthy has one as well, and it will pop up the queue once you press that key. I usually configure it on something that's not used, like Num Lock. In that window it will show all master writs you have in your inventory. You also need to have autocraft option on in Lazy Writ Crafter. Once you have them all queued, hit the respective craft station and it will craft them.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness for this discussion. Got a writ of bracing and thought what the heck is this?

Many thanks for the mention of addons to use as well.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks SO much for this info! I was going nuts trying to figure it out!
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭

In your controls you have key binds for various addons. Writ Worthy has one as well, and it will pop up the queue once you press that key. I usually configure it on something that's not used, like Num Lock. In that window it will show all master writs you have in your inventory. You also need to have autocraft option on in Lazy Writ Crafter. Once you have them all queued, hit the respective craft station and it will craft them.

Ah, the detail (which almost gave me a heart attack), is that while you have them created in advance, you still have to USE each writ one at a time :)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only console could use such neat add-ons to make our life as easy as PC's.
  • VenuvianRaider
    Truly Superb Glyph of Bracing

Itade, Kaderi, Rekuta.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

That's super helpful

Actually there is, if you have all the runes translated. If I'm ever unsure what "middle" rune to use, I'll first set up the additive rune I would need for the level, and the potency (color) rune I plan to use. Then I'll just click through the "middle" list looking for the name of the glyph I need. If I haven't seen the right name by the time I've reached the bottom of the middle section, I switch the first rune to a subtractive rune and go through the middle section of runes again, clicking on each one looking for the name of the glyph I'm after. It only takes a few seconds to quickly click through the middle section of runes looking for the right one. I hope this makes sense.
    Edited by LadySinflower on March 29, 2020 3:28PM
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    If only console could use such neat add-ons to make our life as easy as PC's.

That's unfortunately the downside of a closed eco system