The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Zenimax stop leaving out requirements.

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Edited by pompusnord on January 29, 2020 10:38AM"

I'm really happy you figured out how to edit! :*

I'm thinking maybe this whole thing is a research on how fast you can semi-organically hit the ignore list limit. Anybody know how high it is?
    Edited by Raisin on January 29, 2020 9:46AM
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, if I remember correctly, they joy of playing a game is supposed to come from exploring different strategies within a given set of rules. Which implies playing any game requires the player to learn said rules and depending on the complexity of the game this might be a bit of work.

Wisecracking aside: this has been very entertaining. I especially enjoyed the cactus gifs and am pleased to see Rigurt has a little brother.

• pompusnord
    pompusnord
    ✭✭
    Anska wrote: »
    Actually, if I remember correctly, they joy of playing a game is supposed to come from exploring different strategies within a given set of rules.
    Except the game designers don't give any rules so your reply is not valid.

So far every single reply anyone has given has been a look it up reply and contains 3rd party information which have nothing to do with anything I'm talking about.

Looking something up has no relation to what the game designers job is. It doesn't matter what information can be looked up about a game, did the game devs and designers provide that information in the game as per their job..

All anyone does is ignore that fact and post look it up, if you don't you're lazy and a troll. Except I'm not talking about something being able to be looked up.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    At some point they have to stop hand holding and let you walk on your own you missed that milestone way back how else will you learn on your own.

Can't stop feeding the troll i know its bad but im prob just gonna have to say fair fight and let someone else chime in.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    At some point they have to stop hand holding and let you walk on your own you missed that milestone way back how else will you learn on your own.

Can't stop feeding the troll i know its bad but im prob just gonna have to say fair fight and let someone else chime in.

Don't look at me :lol:
    He'll just have to go back to feeding on unicorns and orphan tears...
  • pompusnord
    pompusnord
    ✭✭

You're the one trolling because you keep posting things I very specifically said I'm not going to pay attention to
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok... So I just found two of your threads in main discussion that follow a similar pattern. This is a game built on many things, one of which is exploration and discovery.

As you play the game, you will discover all sorts of things that may interest you that will require either you to play the game more to accomplish, or for you to work out through research, which is all in game.

The research I'm referring to is how to build your character to your playstyles, how to enter certain areas, how to level your character etc.

This will require you to read tooltips on abilities, follow the basic build guides provided by the game, read lore books, talk to NPCs (and sometimes re-read the text and make dialogue choices.

What I'm getting at is the game will teach you much, but you need to play it. The designers don't, and shouldn't hand you everything on a silver platter because that takes away the discovery portion of the game.

If you want to skip this discovery, then you will have to look up outside guides to do so. This isn't a design flaw in the game, it's not school, work, or anything else.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • pompusnord
    pompusnord
    ✭✭
    The phrase Hand holding is not valid when someone like yourself uses it in this type of discussion because the context it's being used in, is to for the their agenda so they can pigeon hole teh person theyir disagreeing with in order to debating.

That mentality is what lead up to games being incomplete and the problem I am covering now.

Edited by pompusnord on January 29, 2020 10:23AM
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, my pompous friend, in the first two answers to your initial question, you were directed to the support page - which is not third party material, but the merely browser-based help page of the game.

Secondly, if you wish for ingame information, log into your game and either press ALT and select the ? or press F1. Both will (unless you have modified your controls, of course) direct you to the tutorial section, which answers most basic questions about the game.

If then you are ready to explore gameplay any further, I think there is another portion of this very forum dedicated to the topic.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    pompusnord wrote: »
    The phrase Hand holding is not valid when someone like yourself uses it in this type of discussion because the context it's being used in, is to for the their agenda so they can pigeon hole teh person theyir disagreeing with in order to debating.

That mentality is what lead up to games being incomplete and the problem I am covering now.

no i think its a very apt phrase you really do need to be shown how to do things i.e. have your hand held i'd stand by that statement in court i do swear and affirm that you need your hand held there i said it
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Hiding' tutorials behind NPC dialogue is a great way to increase immersion with the game instead of walls of text and arrows or circles, don't you think? Game could just display a video what each skill does but it would lost a lot of charm.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    its virtual bubble-wrap 2.0
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread it's surreal, at least...

You know you could just googled for "how to access eso pts", don't you?

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, the mods are gonna love this guy. Every one of his threads and comments are pure gold :D

I’m 90% certain he’s just role playing as his username. Otherwise, what a miserable way to go through life.
    Edited by Reverb on January 29, 2020 12:51PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Schmetterfrosch
    Schmetterfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

look at that pompous name of the OP.
    look at his even more pompous answers to really fair responses.
    look at his 'is not valid', 'i will ignore you' ect.
    look at the age of this forum account, only a few hours old.

I have seen such threads before, just as a social experiment, to lay out baits and to get other users banned or at least be warned by the mods.
    by derailing his own thread some other users might take the bait and start to insult the OP.

this looks pretty similar.
    Das Leben ist doch nur ein Rollenspiel
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread it's surreal, at least...

You know you could just googled for "how to access eso pts", don't you?

No he can’t. He put Google on ignore years ago.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Oh man, the mods are gonna love this guy. Every one of his threads and comments are pure gold :D

I’m 90% certain he’s just role playing as his username. Otherwise, what a miserable way to go through life.

he was doing the same thing in the general discussions about the free house you get in Elswyer. He seems to want everything spelled out for him.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pompusnord wrote: »
    Runefang wrote: »
    Right..... to play the new DLC on the PTS you must in fact buy the DLC despite the fact it’s not even available for sale yet. Logical? Nope.
    No one said that except you.

So because you're uneducated perhaps you should pay attention to me specifically used ESO+ because people are already subbed to it so your comment is nonsense.

Donald, is that You? ;)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

With this thread derailing with baiting, spamming, and non-constructive commentary, we're going to go ahead and close it down. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.