Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rune Cage could use a rework

SirWafflecakes
SirWafflecakes
✭✭✭
Keep the damage the same, but make it a projectile the is both blockable and dodgeable. Basically, give sorc their ranged playstyle, that they had for the entire time the game was out, back. I do not need my stun to be unblockable and undodgeable i just want it to fit in nicely with a rotation rather than the delay on rune cage now. You can even make it do damage ONLY if it stuns the target so it cannot be used as a spammable. Just give me a reliable ranged stun again.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen. With the Destructive Reach rework, ZOS have made it very clear they want the game to be melee-based.
  • SirWafflecakes
    SirWafflecakes
    ✭✭✭
    So with the way destructive reach worked, it was a spammable and a stun and a dot. it sucks that they changed it, but i understand that the ability was a bit to powerful. I just hate the way rune cage works right now or i would have swapped to it rather than streak because i like the range and streak is unblockable and in essence undodgable so it will catch a nerf.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was only a spammable with the Master's staff, a hard to get item which used up two set boni for one skill. Furthermore, ZOS could have removed the damage and leave the stun, but decided not to. Rune Cage is only allowed to have max range because it's so highly telegraphed. I would love for magsorcs to be ranged again, but the current combat team won't allow it. They're stuck with their melee fetish.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like rune cage. I use it on my magsorc in pvp. It’s timing isn’t fluent, yes, but it actually allows for you to land your endless fury on the opponent. The timing just works that way.

Also, I’d prefer this slow, yet unblockable stun, to a slightly faster blockable stun that has a travel time.
  • SirWafflecakes
    SirWafflecakes
    ✭✭✭
    having played with rune cage this morning, kindly disregard this post lol
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a clunky skill. It needs something.

Prob is they over buffed it one patch last year trying to make up of the loss of Frags CC, and it had a busy break free - which they didn't fix so just gave it ,4 nerfs instead.

Its just clunky espech when target has cc immunity etc.

Streak is viable CC if on PC but on console you can't really use it to turn and burn with screen rotation speed etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It's a clunky skill. It needs something.

Prob is they over buffed it one patch last year trying to make up of the loss of Frags CC, and it had a busy break free - which they didn't fix so just gave it ,4 nerfs instead.

Its just clunky espech when target has cc immunity etc.

Streak is viable CC if on PC but on console you can't really use it to turn and burn with screen rotation speed etc.

Streak doesn't let you land an ability after stunning. Not my words, but from PC players.

If cage actually dealt the damage on stun instead of full duration or had a lower costs it would see use