Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, had an interesting experience tonight.

Fought a nightblade and sorcerer. Decent players, who know how to fight. Killed both of them once but they came back from the nearby outpost. Would've been a good fight until I got stuck between some rocks and could not get out. They continued to attack me after they realized I was stuck. For a near solid minute they tried to kill me while I couldn't fight back.

Real good honor guys! Good job. I finally managed to get unstuck and killed the sorc, but then the NB just high tailed it spamming cloak and attacking me. He knew he couldn't kill me and I was bored of him so I mounted up, for him to immediately attack me again. This nightblade was no threat at all, he wouldn't fight me and would just run and hide. He literally stood behind a tree and watched me. I mounted up to see if he'd attack me again, and loh and behold, he attacked me the half second I mounted.

It's been a while since I've fought such a dishonorable dark cloak spammer. But attacking a player while he is stuck, and then when the fight is clearly over he does nothing but hide and attack me for no reason. There were no other fights on the map for me to go to, I was just ready to move on.

1. Don't attack a player stuck on the map.
    2. Don't attack a player that clearly intends to leave a duel.
    3. Don't avoid a fight like a coward and only to attack a player if the other two conditions apply.
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fought two Sorcerers. Stamsorc and Magsorc. Both with very similar abilities (i.e. Twilight for heals, Atro for stuns). Took a while to kill one with the massive amount of overlapping CC and Burst healing, but once I finally got one the other went down quick. And I'm wondering to myself, why on earth does the Twilight have a burst heal? Should it not be an OT heal?

We all know Sorcs were ZoS's baby for 3 years considering they were the strongest in Crowd Control, Damage, Tanking, Mobility, Shielding, Self Healing, Utility, Range and Low Skill Ceiling for all three years. Still don't think a pet should have a burst heal for the entire group that is not on a timer... unlike the Necromancer Ghost healer.

I then continued to have their entire population zerg me down no matter where I was spotted. And then teabag me whenever they overwhelmed me. Lol. Get good EP noobs.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on January 12, 2020 11:56PM
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭
    ow just got back to the game after almost 1 year off. Good to know this treat still here.
    But with less emotion and action i see
    Sir Eizenheim - DC Sotha
    Sporigudunai - DC Kyne
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing Civ 6 lately since the expansions were on discount on Boxing Day. I see about as much multiplayer action there as I did in Kyne back when Elsweyr dropped.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WhitePawPrints lmao, sounds about right. Got ganked by 6 nbs then T bagged and called trash by some salty individual.

This is U50 now and why I dont frequent it much anymore. There are still some decent people in there for sure, but they seem to frequent it less and less.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You ever try any paradox games @gabriebe? Ck2 is pretty cool, I've been playing Imperator Rome a bit. Check them out if you like Civ games.
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭
    @gabriebe i was talking about this old "Kayne/BWB NA PC" .

Look´s like no one cares about arguing in the forum anymore
    Sir Eizenheim - DC Sotha
    Sporigudunai - DC Kyne
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone planning on coming back to Mula for the event?

Or are you going to be playing in the temporary campaigns or Bahl? (Figure the Kaal que will be ridiculous).
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Beaverton no, I myself do not plan on going into kyne for MYM. Especially when the pop is so low.

@Sporigudinai the camp is basically dead. That's why you dont see the argumentative posts anymore.

Most of the old guilds left and the majority of the players either quit the game or moved onto vet cp or vet no cp.

Whenever I enter into kyne it's like 6-10 ppl on 2 of the factions while 1 faction, usually AD, has 2 ppl. Its mainly pvdooring keeps, log off, then the next faction logs in and repeats the process.
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think MYM event in Kyne (or whatever it's called this year) has been an absolute blast! Great fun & well populated without the huge queue evident in other campaigns. Dunno about you guys, but feels kinda odd not whingeing or whining about things for a change!
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzza45 wrote: »
    I actually think MYM event in Kyne (or whatever it's called this year) has been an absolute blast! Great fun & well populated without the huge queue evident in other campaigns. Dunno about you guys, but feels kinda odd not whingeing or whining about things for a change!

Yeah, actually, i've poked my head in a few times... Run with my guild Friday... Quite a bit of action and mostly even pop. It has been pretty fun!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zzzzzz......
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Holy EP poplock Batman! (Sunday afternoon)

Edited by Beaverton on February 2, 2020 4:56PM
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »
    Holy EP poplock Batman! (Sunday afternoon)

Ikr? It is a little weird being on the a faction where we aren't outnumbered 2:1... But I know this is temporary and EP will be back in the red headed stepchild category again very soon.
    Obituary:
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So much salt in U50 these days.
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »

I absolutely agree with you...
    I've played on all three factions (on different accounts) and strangely enough by far the most salt comes from EP by at least 3:1

Why is this the case? Maybe there's just a die-hard core of angry individuals on EP that have somehow created a new 'norm' and engendered this poor behaviour? I don't know the answer, but over 2/3 of folks on my ignore list are EP. Oddly enough, not many DC? That ignore button doesn't half help with my enjoyment of the game, and is now employed on a more regular basis.

As stated, I have absolutely no RP tendencies, so zero bias towards any faction!
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Muzza45 for me it's been DC. 3 ignores in one night of pvp and I haven't ignored anyone in yrs.
    I just made an AD, so I guess I'll see how ep is in regards to this.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've played on all three factions (on different accounts) and strangely enough by far the most salt comes from EP by at least 3:1

Why is this the case? Maybe there's just a die-hard core of angry individuals on EP that have somehow created a new 'norm' and engendered this poor behaviour? I don't know the answer, but over 2/3 of folks on my ignore list are EP. Oddly enough, not many DC? That ignore button doesn't half help with my enjoyment of the game, and is now employed on a more regular basis.

As stated, I have absolutely no RP tendencies, so zero bias towards any faction!

Really? That's interesting. I played DC back in the BWB days for about 5 months and then have been strictly EP for the past 4 years so I don't have a rounded view from each faction, but I've always been told by others that EP tends to be the least toxic. Not that there is, really, any direct correlation, but I assumed...

From my perspective, DC have traditionally been the most toxic, but lately it's been AD. That being said, I think there are more people who said they personally dislike me on DC (though I've never put anyone on ignore).
    Obituary:
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Muzza45 for me it's been DC. 3 ignores in one night of pvp and I haven't ignored anyone in yrs.
    I just made an AD, so I guess I'll see how ep is in regards to this.

Booooooooo...
    Obituary:
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    The only people I've put on ignore are on my own faction (AD).
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Really? That's interesting. I played DC back in the BWB days for about 5 months and then have been strictly EP for the past 4 years so I don't have a rounded view from each faction, but I've always been told by others that EP tends to be the least toxic. Not that there is, really, any direct correlation, but I assumed...

From my perspective, DC have traditionally been the most toxic, but lately it's been AD. That being said, I think there are more people who said they personally dislike me on DC (though I've never put anyone on ignore).

There's always gonna be salty people from all factions - it's just the quantity of EP salty whispers that's odd? However, when it comes to toxic zone chat, the AD take the veritable biscuit...! They win hands down lol
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lumsdenml dont forget to change the name of the thread. Hahaha
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    @Lumsdenml dont forget to change the name of the thread. Hahaha

Hey, good call! ;)
    Obituary:
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LET'S SUM UP THIS CAMPAIGN FOR ANYONE CURIOUS:

It's basically a bunch of players (that twink out their toons) with blinders on.. not realizing, or perhaps deliberately ignoring that new players are the lifeblood of any mmo game. They'd rather exploit new ungeared and under geared players relentlessly, because they themselves are just feeble weak-ass players or in rarer cases want to help newbs or have other limitations.

Some of the players have had momentary periods of lucidity (HELLO Major.. U are the poster child!). Yet it quickly devolves into total nonsense with people that know better blocking anyone that calls them out. They're seemingly just super-concerned about their own AP gains.

WHAT A *** JOKE!!!

This under 50 campaign is where vet gold gear players exploit the newcomers to game and seem to have no shame doing so. They've been playing since launch in 2014 and have no shame in "farming" new players.

AVOID THIS CAMPAIGN!!

BTW, i didn't read any previous *** that has been edited by the mod cause idgaf. Why don't y'all under-50 regulars get it together and try to foster a far more welcoming environment for newcomers to the game???

This is THE entry level campaign and y'all seem to act as it it's some exclusive club and behave in an unwelcoming/hostile manner to newcomers. It's alarming, astonishing and Off-putting!!

Advice is to Go play on NO-CP campaign if u want to stand a chance.

Edited by Enkil on March 2, 2020 5:24AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @enkil the server has been a joke for over a yr. I do agree with your advice and have given it several times myself. If you want to learn to pvp, go to vet. Find a guild and play there.

This server was fun when you had guilds or groups of players that knew each other and had a modicum of respect for the players of other factions.

U50 is dead

• Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    AA left the campaign about a year ago but has come back recently to play 2-3 times a week. Why?

To recruit new players and teach them how to PvP. We play the rest of the time in Raven. With them. It can get. . . .interesting.

About 1/4 to 1/3 of our group is usually new players. We typically get 1-2 new recruits per night. Some stay and some move on.

There is a small, steady stream of new players out there that could use your expert guidance and patience and encouragement.

edit for accuracy of the fractions
    Edited by Beaverton on February 29, 2020 5:03PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Beaverton nothing wrong with recruiting. It only takes 1 person to recruit and wrangle pugs to teach them.

How many players does AA bring in to recruit?
    I ask because I've seen other guilds say this in the past then bring in a full raid or 2. It doesn't take 24-48 ppl to recruit. Just takes 1

• Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    @Beaverton nothing wrong with recruiting. It only takes 1 person to recruit and wrangle pugs to teach them.

How many players does AA bring in to recruit?
    I ask because I've seen other guilds say this in the past then bring in a full raid or 2. It doesn't take 24-48 ppl to recruit. Just takes 1

It is difficult to showcase what teamwork can do if you don't bring in a team.

Usually we trickle in with about 12 of our own and then end up with a total of 18-20 from additional zone pugs joining, i.e. potential recruits.

Recently we do it when EP is zerging to get emp with what seems like a full group and typically we don't stop them because we start up too late or slow. So we de-emp them and the first two or three keep fights are good but by the time we are on the last keep all but three of the EP have logged off.

Occasionally we also come in to emp one of our guildies.

Sometimes we face little opposition and when that happens we get bored and usually go to IC to farm for Telvar or sometimes switch to vet.

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @enkil the server has been a joke for over a yr. I do agree with your advice and have given it several times myself. If you want to learn to pvp, go to vet. Find a guild and play there.

This server was fun when you had guilds or groups of players that knew each other and had a modicum of respect for the players of other factions.

U50 is dead

Remember @Itsnotarealwar ? Perfect example of why this campaign is not for newcomers. He got bagged his first day in this camp by a well known re-roller. I watched him playing and I witnessed several people we all know doing the exact opposite of "welcoming" and "training" new people. I dont think he ever got a character to level 50 before he left.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really should have folded this one into the no-CP campaign with the new patch but these devs have no clue about PvP at all, nor do they truly care for the PvP aspects of the game.

Whatever Zo$ can do to make a buck on until the servers close will be what players are stuck playing on.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed AoC and some of the other games on the horizon will soon provide a much needed home for PvP-centric players.

Edited by Enkil on March 2, 2020 5:25AM
This discussion has been closed.