The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The block changes should be reverted - Combat fluidity has been severely damaged

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    one of the main things i love about this block change,
    is that we are now able to see the other actions taking place that were previously hidden by the block canceling.
    all of the canceled animations now are showing and allow us a fair chance to react to all the animations and damage skills coming at us instead of just a FLASH and glitched actions appearance.
    i love this and hope we see more of it.

You are confused. Which makes this twice as funny.

First of all, most of the skills effected are instant cast abilities anyways, meaning they activate and resolve immediately ie there is no animation to "react to" on the recipients end. The follow through animations play out during the GCD refresh, they are entirely superfluous. Hard cast time and channeled skills already have their relevant animations cut off if the user hits block at any time before the end of the cast/channel.

What makes this extra funny, is the ones on the other end of the spectrum that believe cutting off or "block canceling" recovery animations of instant cast abilities does anything for them to begin with outside of any obvious benefit that the block in question would have provided regardless.

If In fact the block status itself is becoming arbitrarily halted, delayed or disabled resulting in players being punished for no reason then obviously this needs to be addressed asap. Not being able to block an incoming snipe during your GCD is clearly not by design.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this just lowers the skill ceiling, this change shouldn't pass
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I am going to throw out a wild guess and suggest that they cannot "undo" this change. They are going to have to fix things going forward, if that is the case, so you will want to be pedantically explicit about skills, times, and situations. Otherwise, they won't know what to fix.

There is no reason they shouldn't be able to undo this. They simply need to revert any and all changes they made to block, and how block interacts with skill animations during this PTS cycle. They can then release the next iteration of the PTS with all the upcoming changes, minus this mess of a blocking rework.

It HAS to get reverted. They aren't going to be able to fix everything they've broken in the next 5 weeks. The other thing to consider is that these tests have been done in near optimal environment, i.e empty PTS instances. Imagine what it will feel like in cyrodiil, or for console.

the point of the post is that zos will have no intention of making this a priority. they will "need" all sorts of info in order to keep this at the bottom of the to-do list.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iarao wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I am going to throw out a wild guess and suggest that they cannot "undo" this change. They are going to have to fix things going forward, if that is the case, so you will want to be pedantically explicit about skills, times, and situations. Otherwise, they won't know what to fix.

There is no reason they shouldn't be able to undo this. They simply need to revert any and all changes they made to block, and how block interacts with skill animations during this PTS cycle. They can then release the next iteration of the PTS with all the upcoming changes, minus this mess of a blocking rework.

It HAS to get reverted. They aren't going to be able to fix everything they've broken in the next 5 weeks. The other thing to consider is that these tests have been done in near optimal environment, i.e empty PTS instances. Imagine what it will feel like in cyrodiil, or for console.

the point of the post is that zos will have no intention of making this a priority. they will "need" all sorts of info in order to keep this at the bottom of the to-do list.

this was to usmcjdking. above is how the quote came out.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Block cancelling all fixed now :smile:
  • Firebrand10
    Firebrand10
    ✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »

How so? What changed on the PTS?
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

Animation is as smooth as live when it comes to timing and animation cancelling. At least from what I've seen on YouTube videos of latest pts

Correct me if I'm mistaken, haven't looked too deeply or tested myself yet.
    Edited by Yamenstein on January 28, 2020 7:23AM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Animation is as smooth as live when it comes to timing and animation cancelling. At least from what I've seen on YouTube videos of latest pts

Correct me if I'm mistaken, haven't looked too deeply or tested myself yet.

If true, that's welcome news.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard