Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why was I booted from the server and website?

SmithNL
SmithNL
✭✭
I was just booted from the server and expelled from the website without given any reason!!!!! I like to know what is going on. I never sold any gold or cheated in this game. I spend 90 euros already and now this happens.

Smith
Edited by SmithNL on April 17, 2014 8:32PM
I live for science!

Best Answers

• Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    SmithNL wrote: »
    You know this is an issue that they need to fix. Why should I not place something on the forums about a bug?

Your post was not about a bug at the time you posted it. You thought you had been banned and came to the forums for answers. Had you known then it was a bug you would not have been so worried as to why.

But on another note I hope it gets sorted out for you fast ...Good luck
    Edited by Knovah on April 17, 2014 9:16PM
    Video games ......The only legal place to kill stupid people.
    Answer ✓
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    Knovah wrote: »
    You know this is an issue that they need to fix. Why should I not place something on the forums about a bug?

Your post was not about a bug at the time you posted it. You thought you had been banned and came to the forums for answers. Had you known then it was a bug ypu woyld not have been so worried as to why.

I was wondering I anyone got banned with no reason as well. Apparently reddit is a better place to search for any signs of a ESO community since people actually responded with something that helped me.

I am not trying to be mean or sarcastic in any way but in the future try searching the support topics.

Honestly it is faster than coming on the forums. Just a quick search of it in the support page usually, for me anyway, yields a faster more informative result.

This is just in my experience if you come to forums asking why you were banned the number one response will be …." don't buy gold" followed by a ton of disrespectful non helpful remarks.

I really hope it works out for you and glad it was just a bug.

If you ever need help and honestly can't find it feel free to message me will help if I can.

Lots of luck

~Knovah

Answer ✓
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They contact you when action is taken against you.

In highly technical, scientific terminology -- your intarwebz probably dropped for a second. lol
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    When I try to log in to the website I get the response: You have been suspended from the website.
    I live for science!
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭
    yet here you are
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    The forums are not attached to the account information on the website.
    I live for science!
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    I was just booted...

As others have stated, you probably just had a temporary problem with your home internet connection.

However, if you should ever be actioned by ZOS in any way in the future, this is not an appropriate way to seek help. In fact, it's strictly against the TOS and will result in further action being taken. They really dislike it when players post on the forums about being banned or suspended. When these incidents occur and you need more information or would like to appeal somehow, you should pick up a phone and call ZOS customer support directly. Publicizing these types of problems will only lead to further disciplinary action being taken against your account.

In this case though, I think it was just coincidental and you shouldn't need to worry about anything. Although, I would consider editing your post to remove the profanity. While it is filtered, that too is a against the rules and could cause you problems.

Happy gaming!

• SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    I was contacted by support and explained that it is most likely a bug in the banning system. Apparently this has happened a lot of times. The banning team would look into my chat to see if they were correct.
    I live for science!
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    You should have just waited for them to contact you.
    PC/NA
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    I live for science!
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because this is "Players Helping Players" and most players don't have access to the Zenimax logs and database.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    Really loving this community so far. Helping out and all.
    I live for science!
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭

Your post was not about a bug at the time you posted it. You thought you had been banned and came to the forums for answers. Had you known then it was a bug ypu woyld not have been so worried as to why.

I was wondering I anyone got banned with no reason as well. Apparently reddit is a better place to search for any signs of a ESO community since people actually responded with something that helped me.
    I live for science!
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But... is that what you actually asked here? Perhaps your question on Reddit was phrased more articulately?
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    My question was: Why was booted from the server and website?

I did nothing wrong. And apparently, as I have witnessed on reddit, a lot of people got banned as well for no reason. A forum can be used to check in with each other about this issue. This can be a lot faster since the average reply time on the support is about 1 day with email. So why is this such a big issue to you all.
    I live for science!
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭

I am not trying to be mean or sarcastic in any way but in the future try searching the support topics.

Honestly it is faster than coming on the forums. Just a quick search of it in the support page usually, for me anyway, yields a faster more informative result.

This is just in my experience if you come to forums asking why you were banned the number one response will be …." don't buy gold" followed by a ton of disrespectful non helpful remarks.

I really hope it works out for you and glad it was just a bug.

If you ever need help and honestly can't find it feel free to message me will help if I can.

Lots of luck

~Knovah

I was not referring to you. Thank you!
    I live for science!
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    It's not a big issue to me, but it is to you, and I understand you must be frustrated. As others have noted though, no one here could answer your question because we do not have that information. Zeni does, which is why I posted that you should have just waited for them to contact you.

On a side note, I was not trying to be an ass with my response above, but it was an accurate comment. Goodluck with getting back in game.
    PC/NA
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    People come here for many bugs. This is no different. It's just sad that this forum is not on the same level as a site like reddit.
    I live for science!
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    People come here for many bugs. This is no different. It's just sad that this forum is not on the same level as a site like reddit.

It is sad that some ….not all… are rude and sometimes it is hard to show inflection in type and many not meaning to come across sarcastic. I know I do sometimes and generally I try to be helpful ( I have my pms moments so don't think I am always sugar and spice).

Don't let it discourage you. Try support topics or bug reports or even technical support. I find most my answer in support topic search. There are many nice people here and most are as helpful as can be. I just try to point people in the direction to look when I have no clue myself.

But I will say this as a constructive criticism, the way you word or label your topic will be how most respond to it…. What we mean and what we type can be two different animals when people read it. I have made plenty boo boo's and bad bad remarks not meaning to and had my collective tushy handed to me by a forum for it. Just dust yourself off and remember there is good people and helpful advice if you weed out the crap.

• SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭

It is sad that some ….not all… are rude and sometimes it is hard to show inflection in type and many not meaning to come across sarcastic. I know I do sometimes and generally I try to be helpful ( I have my pms moments so don't think I am always sugar and spice).

Don't let it discourage you. Try support topics or bug reports or even technical support. I find most my answer in support topic search. There are many nice people here and most are as helpful as can be. I just try to point people in the direction to look when I have no clue myself.

But I will say this as a constructive criticism, the way you word or label your topic will be how most respond to it…. What we mean and what we type can be two different animals when people read it. I have made plenty boo boo's and bad bad remarks not meaning to and had my collective tushy handed to me by a forum for it. Just dust yourself off and remember there is good people and helpful advice if you weed out the crap.

I didn't get my heart hurt if that is what your thinking. Im fine with this all, I don't care. Thanks buddy! But im not using this forum any more.

Edited by SmithNL on April 17, 2014 9:56PM
    I live for science!
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭

I didn't get my heart hurt if that is what your thinking. Im fine with this all, I don't care. Thanks buddy! But im not using this forum any more.

No actually I was trying to be nice and as helpful as possible .. but good luck and wish you happy hunting

• SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭

No actually I was trying to be nice and as helpful as possible .. but good luck and wish you happy hunting

Im sorry for being unclear. I was not referring to you. I meant the other guys who where commuting. The thank you was meant!
    I live for science!