The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

What should be changed for MagDk...

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t find his @ name in new message. Le sigh
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just give up. ZoS is trying to sell you necros as there's no tomorrow and that means killing both DKs.

Every single change or buff we have asked and ZoS has given us, has come with a mind blowing nerf on areas nobody complained, and a stupid nerf on areas tha crybabies complained.

Sure, Stam DK has an improved animation on stonefist, but indirectly ZoS decided to nerf flame lash main mechanic (as Dizzy)

As @Joy_Division said some time ago, the class has gone from being fun and appealing to generic and boring. There's nothing that tells you "c'mon, play DK" in all its kit. Lash was the last fun move DKs had and it has gone same as: old inferno, old eruption, old leap, old chains, old molten weapons, old talons, old GDB, old wings, old inhale... do I continue or you got the idea?

@Quantum_V man, do you have anything to say?
    Edited by Xvorg on January 28, 2020 12:34AM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a pretty big staunch supporter of mdk for PvP. I honestly think it’s in a good place for PvP atm. Some skills like chains need to work when used but that is really all. You have to build to the class. We all know in PvP a mdk uses alllll of its resources. So you have to build for that. We all know for mdk you usually have to be in melee range so you better be tankyish. Again you have to build for it. Fortified brass or chudan or skelly or warden mix or blood spawn for more tankyness. My heals hit for stupid amounts on myself. 7-8k cauterizes and 11k coagulated blood. I’m anywhere from 4200-4986 spelldamage when buffed.

Again I’m not trying to be negative here. I’m just trying to give some perspective. Mdk is NOT and easy class to play for PvP.
    https://youtu.be/Kmq0wIEKwys

Go try that build in CP enabled PvP. Your +4k spell damage is worthless without light armor penetration bonus or elemental drain.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on January 28, 2020 11:46AM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    I’m a pretty big staunch supporter of mdk for PvP. I honestly think it’s in a good place for PvP atm. Some skills like chains need to work when used but that is really all. You have to build to the class. We all know in PvP a mdk uses alllll of its resources. So you have to build for that. We all know for mdk you usually have to be in melee range so you better be tankyish. Again you have to build for it. Fortified brass or chudan or skelly or warden mix or blood spawn for more tankyness. My heals hit for stupid amounts on myself. 7-8k cauterizes and 11k coagulated blood. I’m anywhere from 4200-4986 spelldamage when buffed.

Again I’m not trying to be negative here. I’m just trying to give some perspective. Mdk is NOT and easy class to play for PvP.

Go try that build in CP enabled PvP. Your +4k spell damage is worthless without light armor penetration bonus or elemental drain.

I did and do quite regularly. Not sure what your trying to say because you obviously didn’t watch it or pay attention The build is IN 5 LIGHT derp derp. I don’t need eledrain. You obviously didn’t watch the video. Stop getting stuck in the META mindset and think for yourself. Do you honestly think I would post a video without testing it over and over and over? Here’s a hint for you. If you don’t like it don’t don’t use it. Or.. maybe we can duel? @Dutch_Reaper PC NA. Is it okay if I record it????
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao yes yes you are really good verry strong absolutely special😂😂👍🏻 sorry if my coment hurt your feelings. Unfortunately i play ps4 eu
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Lmao yes yes you are really good verry strong absolutely special😂😂👍🏻 sorry if my coment hurt your feelings. Unfortunately i play ps4 eu

Yeah. I don’t know how imma sleep tonight now. I’m just so hurt over a comment on the internet. 😱 whatever will I do know?
    Sounds to me you aren’t use to maybe someone coming back at you? But it’s fine. All you keyboard warriors who know all are exactly the same. You all talk big game but never back it up. Le sigh.
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on January 28, 2020 9:07PM
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    I want to add, Embers should heal over time and not all at the end and should only be able to effect one enemy. Flames of Oblivion should deal 5% more damage every tik until the duration ends. Cauterize should remove one negative effect every time it tiks.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revert wings, make flamelash undodgeable again and make burning talons 8m like in the good old days.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently made a fairly in depth thread about magdk in combat and mechanics forum titled State of the Magicka DK. Honestly the whole class is just dated. Everything pretty much needs reworked. Anyway, check out the thread and see what you think.
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    Ryanoxx wrote: »

Well it is playable but I absolutely disagree. MagDk is not in a good place. It has very bad sustain compared to other classes. It is true that healing is crazy but that is not only the case for MagDks... As you said you hit 7-8k cauterizes and 11k coagulated blood. I get about 5-6k cauterizes and 8-9k coags because I'm build more tanky since there are so many zergs running around on eu these days. My damage is still decent with 40k mag and about 3k spelldmg buffed. On my sorc I crit for 15-16k heals though... My magplar has better healing as well. It is not just about the direct healing but the heals over time and MagDk lacks that which is the reason that many MagDks still run Flame Lash even though Molten Whip is so much more damage. With the changes to off-balance though Flame Lash will be useless because with a 15+ seconds cooldown on your powerlash you might as well just run Molten Whip because the heal is only over 2 seconds and has such a massive cooldown now.

Some tips for your build:
    Change you single monster set pieces out for bloodspawn... the extra stamregen is nice to have, you gain pretty much the same amount of resistances and it has a very high uptime if you are under pressure. Also the 14 ult you can gain every 6 seconds equal up to 215 mag and stamregen.

You run a 2h Sword on your damage bar... with that you lose important passives from the firestaff like even more single target damage, a 100% higher chance to proc burning which is extra damage and sustain from combustion. Also running a firestaff with the charged trait makes you lose spelldamage but you would get better lightattack weaving which increases your damage and again a better chance to proc burning from charged which helps sustain and also damage. In addition you can run a shock or disease glyph on your staff to make even better use of charged by getting an extremely high uptime on minor vulnerability or minor defile.

Your skill choice is questionable too but if that how you perform well then I guess it's good.

You are absolutely right bro.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about just removing cooldown on Power Lash entirely? Power Lash is tied to off-balance that has it's own cooldown anyways.

On live, you can hit a player with no more than 6 Power Lashes within 20 seconds.
    On PTS, you can hit a player with no more than 2 Power Lashes within 20 seconds.
    On PTS with proposed change, you can hit a player with no more than 7 Power Lashes within 20 seconds.

Would transit magDK playstyle a little from attrition to opportunist. I am not against this, attrition playstyle doesn't work effectively anyways these days. But I can definitely see some magDKs opposing this change and understand them.

Not even saying that off balance effect alone has been changed from consumable effect to persistent effect with cooldown thanks to Flame Lash skill.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 4, 2020 8:19AM
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    I recently made a fairly in depth thread about magdk in combat and mechanics forum titled State of the Magicka DK. Honestly the whole class is just dated. Everything pretty much needs reworked. Anyway, check out the thread and see what you think.

I will read it once I have time. This patch looks horrible and I'm out if these changes go live. It's not only bad for MagDks but everyone. For stamina classes because of dizzy and I don't wanna start talking about elfbane and zaan...
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭

where i can find it?