The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.
Maintenance for the week of September 20:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Deadlands DLC and Update 32 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586882/

Stalking Blastbones (Magicka Morph) needs a new secondary effect.

LukosCreyden
LukosCreyden
✭✭✭✭✭
With the new changes on PTS, Blastbones seems far more reliable. Instead of running and getting stuck, it leaps to the target straight away. However, this does have a negative impact on the skill. The skill text is as follows:

"Every second the skeleton spends chasing its target increases the damage of the explosion by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% more damage."

Now that Stalking Blastbones leaps straight to its target, this secondary effect no longer does anything, as there is no "chase" period. The stamina morph of the skill has its own unique secondary effect, so I feel that the magicka morph will need a new one too.
Hello. If you're reading this; you're a beautiful person.

Magicka Necromancer main (for now). I enjoy soloing stuff.

Stalking Blastbones needs a new secondary effect!

Join the conversation here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509528/stalking-blastbones-magicka-morph-needs-a-new-secondary-effect/p1
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree!

    2nd cast in combat increases by 25% damage, the 3rd 50% and then it resets.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good point. I wonder what would make an interesting secondary effect. More damage is always nice, but could be a little boring and overpower Magcro DPS. I wouldn’t mind a small self heal when it blows up (something between the heal on Crushing Weapon and Merciless Resolve), which would make Magcro more viable solo and in PVP without increasing their PVE DPS effectiveness.

    They could also possibly attach a buff or debuff to it, but I’m not sure which one would be good. Possibly Minor Breach, but this steps on Templars a little since that is unique to PotL (or low uptime with Poisons). Could also do something like Minor Heroism for the caster, but Necro already has excellent Ultimate generation with Necrotic Potency. Still might be interesting if they could get to the point of using Colossus every 40-45s, which would enable trial groups to bring 2 Necros instead of requiring 3.

    Maybe even attach Major Sorcery to it, opening up the option to use Tripots in PVP without Degeneration. This would also indirectly allow the user access to Minor Heroism, since it can be obtained from very expensive potions if you don’t need Major Sorcery.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I would prefer it to have something. Maybe applying magickasteal effect on affected targets
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted about this as well. 100% agree!
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The jumping distance buff is also a great idea.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand that avoiding adding more dps would be a fair choice, but I DID like the idea of the skill leaving behind a pool of blue flames that served as a small ground aoe for a short duration.

    However, minor magickasteal would be a fair choice, as Magcro struggles with sustain, even when playing Breton.
    Hello. If you're reading this; you're a beautiful person.

    Magicka Necromancer main (for now). I enjoy soloing stuff.

    Stalking Blastbones needs a new secondary effect!

    Join the conversation here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509528/stalking-blastbones-magicka-morph-needs-a-new-secondary-effect/p1
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree but I'd prefer it to not be a regular buff/debuff that you're going to have if you're in a group, which would negate the secondary effect any time you're in a dungeon/trial. Mag necro does need slightly more DPS. DPS numbers on a trial dummy are skewed towards magcro because magcro gets it's own major vulnerability. When you have a magcro in the group, you also give everyone else major vuln, increasing their DPS over what you'll see on a dummy, meaning they outpace magcro.

    Mag necro isn't and hasn't ever really been competitive for this reason. It seems like rather than make magcro an actual competitive DPS spec, ZOS is fine with us existing solely to apply Major Vulnerability for our group. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, feel free to go parse on the trial dummy with a destro ult or meteor instead of a colossus and get back to me on what kind of results you get.
    Edited by ecru on January 25, 2020 3:52AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    I agree but I'd prefer it to not be a regular buff/debuff that you're going to have if you're in a group, which would negate the secondary effect any time you're in a dungeon/trial. Mag necro does need slightly more DPS. DPS numbers on a trial dummy are skewed towards magcro because magcro gets it's own major vulnerability. When you have a magcro in the group, you also give everyone else major vuln, increasing their DPS over what you'll see on a dummy, meaning they outpace magcro.

    Mag necro isn't and hasn't ever really been competitive for this reason. It seems like rather than make magcro an actual competitive DPS spec, ZOS is fine with us existing solely to apply Major Vulnerability for our group. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, feel free to go parse on the trial dummy with a destro ult or meteor instead of a colossus and get back to me on what kind of results you get.

    Actualy, my guild made a dps comparison between classes on Target Iron Attronach. For the purpose of clear comparison we banned all known cheeses - Siroria, Relequen, Zaan on ranged character, melee abilities (e.g. Barbed Trap) on ranged characters and Colossus ultimate.

    I was the one making parse with magnecro (Shooting Star ultimate). Dps of magicka specs was around 75k on all classes except warden and non-pet sorc, these were a lot lot lower. My dps was the same when going ranged, around 75k, but my dps went up by 5k to 80k when going melee. And the reason is not Zaan or Barbed Trap, it's the ability to go rotation when you maximize the use of blastbones and put 2 abilities between each BB. You can't do this kind of rotation when going ranged. So we ended up treating magnecro like melee magicka spec, just like magDK. Magnecro is extremely strong as a melee magicka character, but I do agree it's a lackluster as ranged character.

    If you look at esologs, I am the highest parsing magnecro atm on Target Iron Attro. MagNBs and Magsorcs are pretty close to my dps, so you might think that in reality they parse higher because of Major Vulnerability. But it is not true, because my magnecro parse does not include bashing while all other high parses with magicka classes do.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 25, 2020 2:32PM
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scaling damage based of the amount of time it spent running was just a gimmicky way of saying that it deals more damage the farther you are from a the target- basically a mirror to how Screaming cliff racer works.
    They should add another effect to it, but won’t.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't the current morph there because as a Magicka character, you're most likely ranged. Casting the ability from ranged, means you can't cast it as often, so this morph offsets some of the damage you lose from being ranged.

    Losing this would hurt ranged playstyles. Maybe keep it, but add a tiny effect?
    Started with PC Beta and PS4 Launch - 1000+ CP

    Stam Sorc Orc PvE Main || Stam Sorc Nord PvP Main || Stam DK Nord
    Stam Necro Orc BowBow || Stam Warden Wood Elf BowBow || Stam Blade Wood Elf BowBow


    Mag Sorc Breton || Mag Templar Breton
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the current morph there because as a Magicka character, you're most likely ranged. Casting the ability from ranged, means you can't cast it as often, so this morph offsets some of the damage you lose from being ranged.

    Losing this would hurt ranged playstyles. Maybe keep it, but add a tiny effect?

    It's actually faster now that it doesn't have to "chase" the target, unless you're on a ledge and then it acts like every other pet and gets confused. It's also still pretty wonky at close range, so you'll actually be able to cast it more often the farther you are.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    I agree but I'd prefer it to not be a regular buff/debuff that you're going to have if you're in a group, which would negate the secondary effect any time you're in a dungeon/trial. Mag necro does need slightly more DPS. DPS numbers on a trial dummy are skewed towards magcro because magcro gets it's own major vulnerability. When you have a magcro in the group, you also give everyone else major vuln, increasing their DPS over what you'll see on a dummy, meaning they outpace magcro.

    Mag necro isn't and hasn't ever really been competitive for this reason. It seems like rather than make magcro an actual competitive DPS spec, ZOS is fine with us existing solely to apply Major Vulnerability for our group. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, feel free to go parse on the trial dummy with a destro ult or meteor instead of a colossus and get back to me on what kind of results you get.

    Actualy, my guild made a dps comparison between classes on Target Iron Attronach. For the purpose of clear comparison we banned all known cheeses - Siroria, Relequen, Zaan on ranged character, melee abilities (e.g. Barbed Trap) on ranged characters and Colossus ultimate.

    I was the one making parse with magnecro (Shooting Star ultimate). Dps of magicka specs was around 75k on all classes except warden and non-pet sorc, these were a lot lot lower. My dps was the same when going ranged, around 75k, but my dps went up by 5k to 80k when going melee. And the reason is not Zaan or Barbed Trap, it's the ability to go rotation when you maximize the use of blastbones and put 2 abilities between each BB. You can't do this kind of rotation when going ranged. So we ended up treating magnecro like melee magicka spec, just like magDK. Magnecro is extremely strong as a melee magicka character, but I do agree it's a lackluster as ranged character.

    If you look at esologs, I am the highest parsing magnecro atm on Target Iron Attro. MagNBs and Magsorcs are pretty close to my dps, so you might think that in reality they parse higher because of Major Vulnerability. But it is not true, because my magnecro parse does not include bashing while all other high parses with magicka classes do.

    I’ll add that a Magicka Necromancer has the highest single target DPS, 77.6k, of any Magicka class for Yolnahkriin HM on ESO logs. It appears they were not using Colossus, since there were more than 3 Necromancers in the group, and Fiery Rage hits like a truck with the Necro 15% bonus DoT damage passive. Magicka DK is a close 2nd at 77.2k, and all the other Magicka classes top out around 72-73k (except for Warden, mostly because the Bear still can’t hit dragons and they bring nothing to competitive end game groups).
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 26, 2020 12:25AM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MashmalloMan as I said in the original post, that no longer takes effect, as the blastbones immediately jumps to the target, no matter the distance. Meaning, the secondary effect no longer does anything.
    Hello. If you're reading this; you're a beautiful person.

    Magicka Necromancer main (for now). I enjoy soloing stuff.

    Stalking Blastbones needs a new secondary effect!

    Join the conversation here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509528/stalking-blastbones-magicka-morph-needs-a-new-secondary-effect/p1
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    My proposition for this skill to be fixed is by instead of time it takes, we could change it to distance traveled for more damage. Hopefully its not that already.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MashmalloMan as I said in the original post, that no longer takes effect, as the blastbones immediately jumps to the target, no matter the distance. Meaning, the secondary effect no longer does anything.

    Forgive me, but I haven't tried it out. Are you saying it no longer runs and just teleport jumps? How would it jump to your target if your 15+ m away? Anyone have a video?

    Edit: https://youtube.com/watch?v=St4_Q_njeI8

    LMAO, that's hilarious! Wow, actually looks really fun to use now, but how the hell do you hope to stop it on the receiving end. It jumps so fast.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 26, 2020 1:00AM
    Started with PC Beta and PS4 Launch - 1000+ CP

    Stam Sorc Orc PvE Main || Stam Sorc Nord PvP Main || Stam DK Nord
    Stam Necro Orc BowBow || Stam Warden Wood Elf BowBow || Stam Blade Wood Elf BowBow


    Mag Sorc Breton || Mag Templar Breton
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MashmalloMan as I said in the original post, that no longer takes effect, as the blastbones immediately jumps to the target, no matter the distance. Meaning, the secondary effect no longer does anything.

    Forgive me, but I haven't tried it out. Are you saying it no longer runs and just teleport jumps? How would it jump to your target if your 15+ m away? Anyone have a video?

    Edit: https://youtube.com/watch?v=St4_Q_njeI8

    LMAO, that's hilarious! Wow, actually looks really fun to use now, but how the hell do you hope to stop it on the receiving end. It jumps so fast.

    Block is an option, for example.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    I agree but I'd prefer it to not be a regular buff/debuff that you're going to have if you're in a group, which would negate the secondary effect any time you're in a dungeon/trial. Mag necro does need slightly more DPS. DPS numbers on a trial dummy are skewed towards magcro because magcro gets it's own major vulnerability. When you have a magcro in the group, you also give everyone else major vuln, increasing their DPS over what you'll see on a dummy, meaning they outpace magcro.

    Mag necro isn't and hasn't ever really been competitive for this reason. It seems like rather than make magcro an actual competitive DPS spec, ZOS is fine with us existing solely to apply Major Vulnerability for our group. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, feel free to go parse on the trial dummy with a destro ult or meteor instead of a colossus and get back to me on what kind of results you get.

    Actualy, my guild made a dps comparison between classes on Target Iron Attronach. For the purpose of clear comparison we banned all known cheeses - Siroria, Relequen, Zaan on ranged character, melee abilities (e.g. Barbed Trap) on ranged characters and Colossus ultimate.

    I was the one making parse with magnecro (Shooting Star ultimate). Dps of magicka specs was around 75k on all classes except warden and non-pet sorc, these were a lot lot lower. My dps was the same when going ranged, around 75k, but my dps went up by 5k to 80k when going melee. And the reason is not Zaan or Barbed Trap, it's the ability to go rotation when you maximize the use of blastbones and put 2 abilities between each BB. You can't do this kind of rotation when going ranged. So we ended up treating magnecro like melee magicka spec, just like magDK. Magnecro is extremely strong as a melee magicka character, but I do agree it's a lackluster as ranged character.

    If you look at esologs, I am the highest parsing magnecro atm on Target Iron Attro. MagNBs and Magsorcs are pretty close to my dps, so you might think that in reality they parse higher because of Major Vulnerability. But it is not true, because my magnecro parse does not include bashing while all other high parses with magicka classes do.

    My own individual magcro target atro parse is higher than the highest on esologs (86.3k as breton), I just haven't uploaded a parse. For comparison though, I'm still about 2k behind with meteor (I think meteor parses higher than destro ult) rather than Colossus with 84k. I agree about ranged, and necro will still suffer at range even with the blastbones change on PTS due to blastbones going to every 4th gcd instead of every 3rd. The change in consistency will be nice though.
    @MashmalloMan as I said in the original post, that no longer takes effect, as the blastbones immediately jumps to the target, no matter the distance. Meaning, the secondary effect no longer does anything.

    Forgive me, but I haven't tried it out. Are you saying it no longer runs and just teleport jumps? How would it jump to your target if your 15+ m away? Anyone have a video?

    Edit: https://youtube.com/watch?v=St4_Q_njeI8

    LMAO, that's hilarious! Wow, actually looks really fun to use now, but how the hell do you hope to stop it on the receiving end. It jumps so fast.

    While blastbones being more reliable and predictable is good for the necro, it's also good for their target (if they're paying attention). If you always know that, based on their range, their blastbones will come in either 3 or 4 seconds every single time, it will be much easier to block, similar in a way to sub assault.
    Edited by ecru on January 26, 2020 4:49AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    I agree but I'd prefer it to not be a regular buff/debuff that you're going to have if you're in a group, which would negate the secondary effect any time you're in a dungeon/trial. Mag necro does need slightly more DPS. DPS numbers on a trial dummy are skewed towards magcro because magcro gets it's own major vulnerability. When you have a magcro in the group, you also give everyone else major vuln, increasing their DPS over what you'll see on a dummy, meaning they outpace magcro.

    Mag necro isn't and hasn't ever really been competitive for this reason. It seems like rather than make magcro an actual competitive DPS spec, ZOS is fine with us existing solely to apply Major Vulnerability for our group. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, feel free to go parse on the trial dummy with a destro ult or meteor instead of a colossus and get back to me on what kind of results you get.

    Actualy, my guild made a dps comparison between classes on Target Iron Attronach. For the purpose of clear comparison we banned all known cheeses - Siroria, Relequen, Zaan on ranged character, melee abilities (e.g. Barbed Trap) on ranged characters and Colossus ultimate.

    I was the one making parse with magnecro (Shooting Star ultimate). Dps of magicka specs was around 75k on all classes except warden and non-pet sorc, these were a lot lot lower. My dps was the same when going ranged, around 75k, but my dps went up by 5k to 80k when going melee. And the reason is not Zaan or Barbed Trap, it's the ability to go rotation when you maximize the use of blastbones and put 2 abilities between each BB. You can't do this kind of rotation when going ranged. So we ended up treating magnecro like melee magicka spec, just like magDK. Magnecro is extremely strong as a melee magicka character, but I do agree it's a lackluster as ranged character.

    If you look at esologs, I am the highest parsing magnecro atm on Target Iron Attro. MagNBs and Magsorcs are pretty close to my dps, so you might think that in reality they parse higher because of Major Vulnerability. But it is not true, because my magnecro parse does not include bashing while all other high parses with magicka classes do.

    My own individual magcro target atro parse is higher than the highest on esologs (86.3k as breton), I just haven't uploaded a parse. For comparison though, I'm still about 2k behind with meteor (I think meteor parses higher than destro ult) rather than Colossus with 84k. I agree about ranged, and necro will still suffer at range even with the blastbones change on PTS due to blastbones going to every 4th gcd instead of every 3rd. The change in consistency will be nice though.

    The passive definitely needs to be changed and I mean completely changed. Even when it was working, the damage increase for distance traveled clearly wasn't enough. I could play with unmorphed BB and my dps would still be significantly higher (compared to ranged magnecro with Stalking Blastbones) because of going melee and being able to fire BB on each 3rd gcd.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 26, 2020 9:25AM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep the damage because otherwise we lose damage and its just the same as if you don't morph it. we need something......and losing damage isn't great.
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we need something else to replace that effect
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the new changes on PTS, Blastbones seems far more reliable. Instead of running and getting stuck, it leaps to the target straight away. However, this does have a negative impact on the skill. The skill text is as follows:

    "Every second the skeleton spends chasing its target increases the damage of the explosion by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% more damage."

    Now that Stalking Blastbones leaps straight to its target, this secondary effect no longer does anything, as there is no "chase" period. The stamina morph of the skill has its own unique secondary effect, so I feel that the magicka morph will need a new one too.

    What if the new morph summons 2 blastbones? Mainly for corpse generation and plus it'd prob look cool.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Noxavian that would be cool, but either it'd be too strong, or finicky. I am not sure if it would serve too much purpose either, as most rotations leave you with a corpse when you need one. Could be useful for PvP though. Plus, as you say, it would look cool!

    I still like the idea of the magicka morph leaving a ground based DoT for a short period of time; useful in PvE but easily avoided in PvP. Magickasteal is another one I would certainly like, as others have mentioned.

    The thing is, the skill is fine as it currently is, but it just needs a little something extra to differentiate it and make it worth the skill point to morph it.
    Hello. If you're reading this; you're a beautiful person.

    Magicka Necromancer main (for now). I enjoy soloing stuff.

    Stalking Blastbones needs a new secondary effect!

    Join the conversation here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509528/stalking-blastbones-magicka-morph-needs-a-new-secondary-effect/p1
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be careful what you wish for. If they change the secondary effect to something else, they will also attach a massive damage nerf to the primary damage. Either that, or extend the time it takes for the skeleton to assemble, making it virtually impossible to hit anyone in PvP.

    The idea of it granting major prophecy would be amazing but then they would increase the cost to something like 6000 magica.

    I would certainly appreciate a major prophecy attached to maybe one of the tethers or aranist summon?

    Either way. They seem happy with the balance necro received but I do smell an absolutely massive nerf across the board for necro (especially passives). Mark my words...
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    With the new changes on PTS, Blastbones seems far more reliable. Instead of running and getting stuck, it leaps to the target straight away. However, this does have a negative impact on the skill. The skill text is as follows:

    "Every second the skeleton spends chasing its target increases the damage of the explosion by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% more damage."

    Now that Stalking Blastbones leaps straight to its target, this secondary effect no longer does anything, as there is no "chase" period. The stamina morph of the skill has its own unique secondary effect, so I feel that the magicka morph will need a new one too.

    What if the new morph summons 2 blastbones? Mainly for corpse generation and plus it'd prob look cool.

    Only, as long as they hold hands and the other skeleton has lovely hair with braids and the Blastbones is renamed to Hansel and Gretel 😉
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS wtf, you nerfed Dark Flare, and now you made a Dark Flare equivalent (Blastbones) that is way better. No cast time, faster travel time, perfect for LOS game play, lower resource cost, igreat at range and even better at melee. Whomever wants to argue that Blastbone has an animation time longer than Dark Flare, please stop. This is an ability that you activate instantly and forget - no channel, no cast time. You are free to continue your rotation as soon as you press the bottom. Also as a bonus, you can stand behind the skeleton and it provides lost of sight....

    If people don't realize how strong this ability is now, I don't know what to say then. This is an ability that does a lot of damage, it's not easy avoidable at range and impossible to avoid at melee, provides 100% defile because it is spammable (cast and forget); it provides great LOS. Think of a pet sorc and templar Dark Flare combined with no cast time and a pet that actually does damage. ZOS what are you thinking??? Would you consider changing Dark Flare to a instant ability, with faster travel time, and add an animation that after it's cast it provides lost of sight protection for 2.5 seconds.

    Again for those people that want to say, oh it's not instant, it has a 2.5 sec animation. I would tell you this, 2.5 sec delay in animation make the ability even stronger. Imagine a Templar casting a instant Dark Flare, and the ball of light stays in front of the templar protecting it of 2.5 seconds, while it's jabbing away. The 2.5 secs animation while standing in front of you is protecting you while you are free to heal, attack, buff, delay the bust.

    If this goes live the way it is now on pts, it would be a broken skill... ZOS if you don't agree, then as an alternative, give all classes this 100% uptime defile with all the perks blastbones has now.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point. I wonder what would make an interesting secondary effect. More damage is always nice, but could be a little boring and overpower Magcro DPS. I wouldn’t mind a small self heal when it blows up (something between the heal on Crushing Weapon and Merciless Resolve), which would make Magcro more viable solo and in PVP without increasing their PVE DPS effectiveness.

    They could also possibly attach a buff or debuff to it, but I’m not sure which one would be good. Possibly Minor Breach, but this steps on Templars a little since that is unique to PotL (or low uptime with Poisons). Could also do something like Minor Heroism for the caster, but Necro already has excellent Ultimate generation with Necrotic Potency. Still might be interesting if they could get to the point of using Colossus every 40-45s, which would enable trial groups to bring 2 Necros instead of requiring 3.

    Maybe even attach Major Sorcery to it, opening up the option to use Tripots in PVP without Degeneration. This would also indirectly allow the user access to Minor Heroism, since it can be obtained from very expensive potions if you don’t need Major Sorcery.

    Skeletal Archer/Skeletal Arcanist better suited for use Major Brutality/Sorcery. This would be a good step towards identity.

    No thanks. Some of us don't use the Archer and it would make it a mandatory skill.

  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    ZOS wtf, you nerfed Dark Flare, and now you made a Dark Flare equivalent (Blastbones) that is way better. No cast time, faster travel time, perfect for LOS game play, lower resource cost, igreat at range and even better at melee. Whomever wants to argue that Blastbone has an animation time longer than Dark Flare, please stop. This is an ability that you activate instantly and forget - no channel, no cast time. You are free to continue your rotation as soon as you press the bottom. Also as a bonus, you can stand behind the skeleton and it provides lost of sight....

    If people don't realize how strong this ability is now, I don't know what to say then. This is an ability that does a lot of damage, it's not easy avoidable at range and impossible to avoid at melee, provides 100% defile because it is spammable (cast and forget); it provides great LOS. Think of a pet sorc and templar Dark Flare combined with no cast time and a pet that actually does damage. ZOS what are you thinking??? Would you consider changing Dark Flare to a instant ability, with faster travel time, and add an animation that after it's cast it provides lost of sight protection for 2.5 seconds.

    Again for those people that want to say, oh it's not instant, it has a 2.5 sec animation. I would tell you this, 2.5 sec delay in animation make the ability even stronger. Imagine a Templar casting a instant Dark Flare, and the ball of light stays in front of the templar protecting it of 2.5 seconds, while it's jabbing away. The 2.5 secs animation while standing in front of you is protecting you while you are free to heal, attack, buff, delay the bust.

    If this goes live the way it is now on pts, it would be a broken skill... ZOS if you don't agree, then as an alternative, give all classes this 100% uptime defile with all the perks blastbones has now.

    You can stun it, it's telegraphed.

    "You can stun it-" okay, let's go with that. If you are a melee character at 28m, you have to run 26m to stun the skeleton (by doing that you missed your first attack- the 2.5 sec animation worked perfectly at blocking an attack). Then the skeleton gets back up within a second and hit you anyway.

    You are at melee range. As soon as you see the telegraph (activation of the blastbones) you stun it (using an attack on the pet not your opponent). While your attacking the pet, your opponent is attacking you (2.5 sec animation protection working perfectly). Within 1 sec the skeleton gets up and hit you anyway.

    Now you can stun every single one of the blastbones and the caster would thank you for it!

Sign In or Register to comment.