Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Wood Elf Templar - Would you choose me?

Enfinityx
Enfinityx
I created a Wood Elf by accident (I'm not very observant..) and made her a Templar. Originally, I had wanted a High Elf. As a healer, how badly do you think this will affect my gaming if I were to want to play competitively in PvP (please no remarks about how PvP in this game isn't competitive) or do group content? Would you as a player choose another race over me when it came to healing? Just wondering because I'm not entirely sure how big of a role racials and such play in the game(first game I've played with racials). I'm only level 10 so rerolling wouldn't be TOO much of a hassle, but I'd rather not since she's the first character I've really enjoyed.
Lady Novà - Wood Elf Templar - American Megaserver
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay golden Ponyboy, stay golden.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Enfinityx
    Enfinityx
    I don't understand ):
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A PvP healer with better than average stealth and stamina ... sounds useful to me.
  • Enfinityx
    Enfinityx
    Well, I suppose I could level the Wood Elf for fun and then just use my Breton for PvP purposes. I just wasn't sure if it all played major or minor roles.
  • Keisxe
    Keisxe
    ✭✭
    Develop bow skill as an alternate to magicka use. Use magicka enhancing food/gear/passives. to help make up slack in magicka pool/regen.
  • Enfinityx
    Enfinityx
    Thanks Keisxe! You're sure it should even things out a bit? I don't want to level her to 50 and then find out nobody wants to play with me or include me in their group ):
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enfinityx I wasn't being sarcastic. I think that improved stealth and ability to sprint and roll out of CC would be useful to anyone in PvP. The bow suggestion is good, too, but I didn't mean to discourage you. Added stamina also improves light and heavy attacks with a staff, so your racial should give you a small bonus to damage if you use resto staff attacks to regen mana.
    Edited by Imryll on April 17, 2014 8:18PM
  • Enfinityx
    Enfinityx
    Ah okay. I figured you were being sarcastic. :P Then I'll carry on my merry way, and play my Breton when I need a break from my Wood Elf. I was thinking along the same lines with the stamina. Thanks much for the advice. (:
  • Aellikor
    Aellikor
    ✭✭
    I really like my Wood Elf Sorc - I think racials add flavor and are not critical to any one role. I wouldn't let others box you into things like oh a Breton can't be a tank or a Wood Elf can't be a healer, only High Elves are sorcerer's...

They provide benefits but those don't influence my race decision necessarily. It's about how you balance your decisions, a 9% stat boost somewhere is nice and helps. It isn't going to make or break your build and ability to do well in group or PvP environments.
  • Vannor
    Vannor
    ✭✭
    My Templar is a Wood Elf, gone with bow as my main weapon. But then I never group with randoms and my guild operates a 'play what you want, spec how you want' policy and has since DAoC so I don't care :wink:
  • Gix
    Gix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always pick on elves... ESPECIALLY Bosmers!

With that said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a Bosmer healer in PvP and PvE and I'd even welcome one in my group... how else am I supposed to make fun of them if they're not in my group?

Most Bosmers are Dominion so I get to enjoy killing them (I fight to the Pact) and make fun of their corpses. It's not AS fun as mocking them right in their faces, but it's satisfying. I just have to think of Glarthir and/or the Adoring Fan and it gets me motivated.

Diversity adds more interesting situations. Altmers are pretty HIGH on my ridicule list too.

I enjoy irony, so I play as a Breton. It's more subtle.

Seriously, though, Bosmer healers are fine!
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a breton nightblade healer/tank you should just do you. :)
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Enfinityx
    Enfinityx
    Much thanks all (:
  • malais
    malais
    My Templar is an imperial.

At 32 I have magika magika regen health and health regen all capped.

I do this without food only usin 5 light 2 heavy armor. My stamina is relatively low as I haven't put any points in it or taken the imp passive for it.

The soft caps are so low your radials don't really mean much. By vet 10 most if not all will be at the cap anyway. Especially after you get into purple and gold gear.