The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scalecaller style missing?

QuietPanda_22
QuietPanda_22
✭✭✭
I received an epic writ for scalecaller gloves. I have learned the motif previously yet this style doesn't show in the list on any crafting station.
I don't have any options selected (have items, have knowledge) so it shows all of them.
Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Edit: I'm on PS4 if that makes any difference.
Edited by QuietPanda_22 on July 22, 2019 6:53PM
Sky above, Earth below, Fire within  PSN: Mirthfaery
El-Rielle the Awakened, High Elf Sorceror
Quiet Panda, Khajiit Sorceror
Twizzy Stardusk, Bosmer Sorceror
S'ilence, Khajiit Nightblade
Indiguana Jones, Argonian Nightblade
Angelienne, Breton Templar
Holy Meow, Khajiit Templar
Mookie Farkle, Argonian Dragonknight
S'pawk, Khajiit Dragonknight
Atha'zagora, Khajiit Arcanist
Mokey Fraggle, Argonian Warden
Bumfuzzle Briar, Khajiit Warden
Nandailie Resinator, Dark Elf Necromancer
Faerylicious, Orc Necromancer

Best Answer

• QuietPanda_22
    QuietPanda_22
    ✭✭✭
    So this issue seems to have resolved itself. I logged back to take screenshots and it shows up now.
    I swear it wasn't there previously and I had been having internet issues this morning so perhaps it was lagging. Or I could have Monday blindness.
    Thank you to those who responded to try to help me.
    Answer ✓
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't scalecaller one of those weird motifs that has an actual motif version and a style page version? The style page version won't work for crafting.
  • QuietPanda_22
    QuietPanda_22
    ✭✭✭
    No, I definitely have the motif. I confirmed I have most of this style by looking under achievements.It just doesn't show up in the style list on any crafting station.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @QuietPanda_22, you may want to post a screenshot of both your Scalecaller Motif achievements and you master writ.

Almost every time this is an error by the player.

Even if you’re out of style stones to craft Scalecaller, it will still show up on the crafting wheel ... but in red with zero style stones.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 22, 2019 8:35PM
  • QuietPanda_22
    QuietPanda_22
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't show up on the style wheel. I will take your advice and post screenshots. I'm hoping this is my error.
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    This is still an issue, even on the PTS, which was recently updated. Scalecaller and Fang Lair do not show up in the list of styles at crafting stations.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaivalya wrote: »
    This is still an issue, even on the PTS, which was recently updated. Scalecaller and Fang Lair do not show up in the list of styles at crafting stations.

Please post a screenshot so the devs can look into it, @Kaivalya ...
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    Where in the list of styles should they be? I don't know where to scroll the list to show that they're missing.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not in game to be certain but I'm pretty sure they're in between apostle/Ebon shadow and Psijic/sapiarch. I have made things from both recently for master writs.
    Edited by kringled_1 on January 27, 2020 8:22PM
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    H5f8hQ6.png
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kaivalya Are you certain that your crafter knows those styles? Or are you using a template character? Maybe the template characters are somehow missing those styles. But, even if so, if you uncheck "have knowledge" and "have item" they should show up regardless of whether you know the style or have the appropriate style material.

Your screen shot doesn't really show it's missing - it just shows Psijic Order. If Scalecaller does indeed fall before Psijic Order, can you show a screen shot of the style just before it, to show that it's missing, if indeed it falls just before Psijic Order? Based on this screenshot, all we can gather is that your crafter knows Psijic Order.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 28, 2020 10:27PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaivalya is partially correct. There is something unusual about these 2 motifs- they do not show in the list if you do not know them. On my crafter who has learned everything, they are where I remembered them being, between the Clockwork City and the Summerset motifs.
    Edited to add: I think this behavior is similar to the crown store only motifs.
    Edited by kringled_1 on January 29, 2020 2:54PM
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    That explains what's going on. I wonder if it's considered to be a glitch or a working-as-intended time sink.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Kaivalya is partially correct. There is something unusual about these 2 motifs- they do not show in the list if you do not know them. On my crafter who has learned everything, they are where I remembered them being, between the Clockwork City and the Summerset motifs.
    Edited to add: I think this behavior is similar to the crown store only motifs.

Ah...so if you do know the motifs, then there's no issue with them showing up. It's only if you don't know them but have the "have knowledge" unchecked.

And as you theorize, I think it's possible that they are somehow being treated as CS-only motifs, which only show up if you've learned them. Were these the first dungeon motifs to be offered in the CS? If so, then I can see how they could have gotten flagged incorrectly while later motifs don't have that problem.