The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the benefit of homing a campaign and when do I need to do it?

naturebased
naturebased
✭✭✭
Tried a few different campaigns last night, but didn’t know what selecting as home meant or why/if I need to do it. I dont want to get stuck in a campaign where my alliance is completely helpless though (2/3 i tried last night DC was being obliterated)
Edited by naturebased on January 24, 2020 10:28PM

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homing a campaign means your AP gained counts towards the end of campaign rewards (some gold, transmute stones, mainly). You need to home a campaign anytime before the end of the campaign and then earn at least 25k AP to hit Tier 1.

So does the game only start counting my AP gain when I home a campaign? Or can i play in a campaign from day one, earn lets say 200k AP, and home it on the last day and get rewards for my 200k AP? Do I need to home a campaign now, or anytime for max rewards?

Home first, then AP earned afterwards counts towards end of the campaign rewards.

When ZOS swapped from Vivec to Kaalgrontiid, I forgot to home the new campaign. I earned 100k before I realized and none of it counted. I had to earn more AP after I homed Kaal.
    Answer ✓
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Homing a campaign means your AP gained counts towards the end of campaign rewards (some gold, transmute stones, mainly). You need to home a campaign anytime before the end of the campaign and then earn at least 25k AP to hit Tier 1.

So does the game only start counting my AP gain when I home a campaign? Or can i play in a campaign from day one, earn lets say 200k AP, and home it on the last day and get rewards for my 200k AP? Do I need to home a campaign now, or anytime for max rewards?

You can earn AP in any campaign, toward alliance skills and ranks.

However, for end of campaign rewards, your AP contribution doesn't start counting until after you home the campaign, and only tracks AP gained in that campaign.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried a few different campaigns last night, but didn’t know what selecting as home meant or why/if I need to do it. I dont want to get stuck in a campaign where my alliance is completely helpless though (2/3 i tried last night DC was being obliterated)

There was a time in the history of the game when your "home" campaign was one of a limited number you could actually enter. (There was also a concept of "guest" campaign at that point, so the number was 2 or 3 rather than 1.) However, that is NOT the case now. Your choice of "Home" campaign, to my knowledge, only affects two things:
    • End-of-campaign rewards, as noted above.
    • Whether or not the part of the Alliance War UI that gives you campaign scoring stats works when you're outside Cyrodiil.

See the threads https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509436/so-how-do-pvp-rewards-work-especially-in-cyrodiil#latest and https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509466/restrictions-on-entering-cyrodiil-campaigns#latest for more detail.
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To add to this, the end of campaign rewards for tier 1 include a transmutation geode that holds 50 crystals. Best for banking on an alt (accept rewards on that alt) for when you need to transmute items past the cap of what we can store.