The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So how do PvP rewards work, especially in Cyrodiil?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'm one of those PvEers who only rarely PvPs, so I'm pretty fuzzy on how PvP rewards work. Help would be appreciated.

1. Getting AP on a character gets you increased rank in the Alliance skill lines Assault and Support, skill points, and titles. Figuring out how many points you need for the next skill rank is straightforward via the Skills interface.

I think there's a concept of Alliance War rank that controls the skill points and titles. Is that still synced with the skill line advancement at this point in the history of the game?

2. If you do quests, you get rewards. During the Midyear Mayhem event you'll get more rewards than at other times. Duh.

Am I correct in recalling that AP for a town quest is 250, doubled to 500 for the event?

3. Now it gets tricky. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Campaigns#Rewards is a link describing campaign rewards. Is it accurate? I presume it refers to the total number of AP one character earns in his/her home campaign over the life of that campaign? (And if ZoS ends the campaign early, your rewards aren't diminished?)

And are these what are called Rewards of the Worthy?

4. How (else) do you get Rewards for the Worthy? I know you get them for leveling up in PvP rank. Is there any other way that we haven't discussed yet?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Its accurate enough. Note that you must be homed on the campaign to earn AP towards the End of Campaign rewards.

4. Rewards for the Worthy are the packets you get in the mail every 20k AP, normally. They've got a gear piece and sometimes a transmute geode (1st one per account per day is a guaranteed geode). During MYM, I believe the amount of AP needed increases since AP is doubled, but the RftW will grant Boon Boxes. The AP can come from any source, including quests.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3. Its accurate enough. Note that you must be homed on the campaign to earn AP towards the End of Campaign rewards.

4. Rewards for the Worthy are the packets you get in the mail every 20k AP, normally. They've got a gear piece and sometimes a transmute geode (1st one per account per day is a guaranteed geode). During MYM, I believe the amount of AP needed increases since AP is doubled, but the RftW will grant Boon Boxes. The AP can come from any source, including quests.

Thanks!

Given that, it would be convenient to know when the current campaigns are due to end. Is there any way to figure that out? (I play on PC/NA.)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Given that, it would be convenient to know when the current campaigns are due to end. Is there any way to figure that out? (I play on PC/NA.)

Um, I don't see a way to tell the ending without entering the campaign itself or homing it. The new MYM campaigns are usually 7 day campaigns, so they'll end before PC/NA Kaalgrontiid does. PC/NA Kaalgrontiid has 22 days, 14 hrs left as of this posting, but will also have gigantic queues and horrendous lag during MYM.

To answer some of the others, your Alliance Rank and Skill Line sort of match up. My Stam Sorc is AR 7 while my skill lines are at 6 (just high enough for Caltrops, heh). Both are increased based on the AP you gain, but it's not quite a 1 to 1 ratio apparently.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 23, 2020 2:33AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Um, I don't see a way to tell the ending without entering the campaign itself or homing it. The new MYM campaigns are usually 7 day campaigns, so they'll end before PC/NA Kaalgrontiid does. PC/NA Kaalgrontiid has 22 days, 14 hrs left as of this posting, but will also have gigantic queues and horrendous lag during MYM.

To answer some of the others, your Alliance Rank and Skill Line sort of match up. My Stam Sorc is AR 7 while my skill lines are at 6 (just high enough for Caltrops, heh). Both are increased based on the AP you gain, but it's not quite a 1 to 1 ratio apparently.

But once you are in the campaign the PvP UI has a section for "scoring", which gives the duration. Cool!

Laatvulon on PC/NA, by the way, will have a little over 26 days left when the festival starts tomorrow morning.