The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add blood please

ACESsiggy
ACESsiggy
✭✭✭
They said the new expac will be "darker" in a sense regarding the story and such. With that said, can we please have some blood finally? Like basic attacks spewing blood from enemy npc's…. :smiley:
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    Ye
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a vamp and werewolf rper i support this :naughty:
    PC EU
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given the outrage at the Blade of Woe animations....
    Edited by Raisin on January 21, 2020 1:47PM
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, trash mobs should randomly blow up or be dismembered with blood splatter and gore.
    Also since we have mudballs that stick to armor, blood splatter could work the same.
    Oh the joys running around in your shiny and meticulously painted armor all covered in blood of your enemies. That would be so awesome AAA feature for eso
    Also, game has M rating anyway.
    I endorse this.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    Given the outrage at the Blade of Wow animations....

That concept is around brutal murder, dismemberment of bad guys in pools of blood is accepted from the age of first video games.
    Edited by RefLiberty on January 21, 2020 1:31PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still want some sort of "Brutality Pack" - so those who want extra blood and gore pay extra for it, and those who don't... just don't buy it.
    It is an old idea of course: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222351/brutality-pack-concept/p1 ;)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they make is client side, so it does not lag out my game, it could be OK.

Personally, gore in a game is like sex in a game, overdone and gratuitous. It gets old after a while. I remember the Bloody Mess perk in Fallout. It was neat the first few times, but then it just got annoying as it slowed down combat.

So, that is a real consideration, would additional animations slow down combat, and are they worth it?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love gore.
    I love blood and guts flying everywhere.
    Adding this in (client side, as someone mentioned) would be SPECTACULAR!!!!
    <*insert maniacal laughter here*>
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade of woe is awesome and I don't understand why they don't add the same behaviour in normal combat. Maybe performance?
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    d1liin0-0f143c15-20ad-43a9-97ac-f85d16cc5085.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi84ZTM1Y2ZhYi1mM2IzLTQzZGQtYWE1MS03MjVmMzIwZTcwMWIvZDFsaWluMC0wZjE0M2MxNS0yMGFkLTQzYTktOTdhYy1mODVkMTZjYzUwODUucG5nIn1dXX0.k48VCQe8HvAlZ7kDz4N4KzyiNS06jxT5ug59_3RotDw
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    Given the outrage at the Blade of Woe animations....

I mean come on.... the people complaining are people who'd rather live in a bubble and i'd wager they are the minority. Outrage always seems louder on a forum compared to reality.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • dorogov.alexeyeb17_ESO
    We can loot guts from corpses, but why we dont see blood! We need a blood
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Oh the joys running around in your shiny and meticulously painted armor all covered in blood of your enemies. That would be so awesome AAA feature for eso

Sounds silly . . juvenile . . Lol Xtreme d00d!™

(I turned off blood splatter in Dragon Age because it looked so bad)
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACESsiggy wrote: »
    They said the new expac will be "darker" in a sense regarding the story and such. With that said, can we please have some blood finally? Like basic attacks spewing blood from enemy npc's…. :smiley:
    This would actually be a cool addition
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see something to finally justify the M rating of this game. Maybe make it toggle?
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ANGEL_BtVS wrote: »
    d1liin0-0f143c15-20ad-43a9-97ac-f85d16cc5085.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi84ZTM1Y2ZhYi1mM2IzLTQzZGQtYWE1MS03MjVmMzIwZTcwMWIvZDFsaWluMC0wZjE0M2MxNS0yMGFkLTQzYTktOTdhYy1mODVkMTZjYzUwODUucG5nIn1dXX0.k48VCQe8HvAlZ7kDz4N4KzyiNS06jxT5ug59_3RotDw

This was my absolute favourite perk in Fallout! Bring on the blood spatter and giblets!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭

Vamps already drain blood, so the gore is there already in the game, I see no reason to not expand on it and add much more blood when in combat :)
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it can be switched off, I have no qualms with having it there for the people who are into that sort of thing. It's a matter of preference. I'd rather it didn't look like the blade of woe animations. I disliked the dark brotherhood skill line not for the blood, but because it lacked any kind of elegance. The brutality of it just looks incredibly silly for certain characters and didn't leave any options open to personalize an assassins style. I'd rather not have that kind of thing applied universally to characters when you would rather have them fight with a bit more grace. Certainly, you're going to get blood in a battle. But great globbing spurts and stabbing things like a maniac isn't how every warrior fights.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on January 21, 2020 6:22PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What the heck!.. Make them poop themselves when we use the Werewolf Roar skill..
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on January 21, 2020 6:23PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make them poop themselves when we use the Werewolf Roar skill..
    yd0et.jpg
    :p;):lol:
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I do wish the werewolf's bloodstained fur and the corpses getting all bloodied from feeding would return. I'm unsure why these features were removed, but I do remember reading about how praised the features were. I'd like to see it return in a more polished form, like the blood from vampire feeding or the Blade of Woe kills.

It would be great to see these blood graphics expanded to other parts of the game as well.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind blood, but I found it really annoying in Skyrim when it would suddenly take away control of your character and the camera in a fight to show you a random cut scene of someone dying, then dump you back into combat. It always took me a second to reorientate myself after that, which could be fatal in some situations.

So if it was just blood added to existing attacks that's fine, but I don't want whole Blade of Woe style animations interrupting normal combat.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I don't mind blood, but I found it really annoying in Skyrim when it would suddenly take away control of your character and the camera in a fight to show you a random cut scene of someone dying, then dump you back into combat. It always took me a second to reorientate myself after that, which could be fatal in some situations.

So if it was just blood added to existing attacks that's fine, but I don't want whole Blade of Woe style animations interrupting normal combat.

You can turn off the kill cam in ESO.