The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like to be able to sell your surveys? (the Blue survey rewards for doing daily crafting)

• cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i would like to be able to sell them
    This would be nice as it would cut out steps some take to make gold.
    Instead of selling raw materials or refined mats with the hope of tempers you can just sell the survey.
    And from comments I believe there would be a good market
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes due to wanting to give one or two to friends. Sometimes I have something that a friend/guildie needs, and I would like the option to trade for this reason. Though it wouldn't be very often.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one I’d actually sell is a certain Malabal Tor one, though I’m not sure many would buy that one.
    Buying on the other hand, yaaaas, give me all those wood ones because I’m always running low on mastic and rosin and I hate actively farming for mats.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted yes, because why not? But the players who get them are the ones who craft and would therefore have a need for them, so I doubt it would get much use.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it all now, a survey about surveys. I'm going batty.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I would like to sell BUT others no haha
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the most annoying survey in the game is the alchemy survey at the top of the waterfall in Wrothgar. I doubt that one would bring much gold. :)

Although I probably wouldn't sell surveys, I like the idea of having the option to do so.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to sell them if only to be able to transfer the surveys from my other accounts to my main account.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    IMO the most annoying survey in the game is the alchemy survey at the top of the waterfall in Wrothgar. I doubt that one would bring much gold. :)

Although I probably wouldn't sell surveys, I like the idea of having the option to do so.

@Smitch_59
    Actually there's a back way to that spot, easy peasy - just jump on a few rocks and you arrive right at the flowers, quick trip from the wayshrine, too!
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

@Smitch_59
    Actually there's a back way to that spot, easy peasy - just jump on a few rocks and you arrive right at the flowers, quick trip from the wayshrine, too!

Really? I was not aware of that. I often just destroy that survey.

• faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be buying
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ninibini wrote: »
    No, but I would like to pick up all surveys of one location at the same time without the necessity of riding back and forth.

A psijic antiquity which winds time backwards or forwards in your immediate surroundings (i.e. forces survey nodes to refresh).
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    Riding back and forth several times to do one spot is a royal pain. I would like the option to stack them and do all of them (for one spot) all at once, Like being able to craft multiple items.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the apprehension in having to reset the survey nodes. Just travel in the direction you're most likely to find additional resource nodes.

I'm sure you could find some 100 gold surveys, but I'd imagine the going rate for one survey would be roughly the same as selling the same quantity of those raw materials. Probably a generous markup on the Craglorn ones. You might be able to make a little more on the survey than the projected yield, but you'll also never know just how lucky the buyer got.
    signing off
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to put them in crates

• DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now i delete all cyrodiil and craglorn ones. I know other players would love those, but i just hate those zones. If i could sell them. I'd get some coin out of em and somebody else would be able to gather more from their favorite zones.

Another option is the potion ingredient ones. I know some people who delete whole stacks of those. but selling them would make those interesting again. Not to mention it might bring the prices for ingredients down a bit.

Right now people feel like they HAVE TO, do the surveys to at all make coin from daily writs. But if they were sell able, it would become a choice. Do i want to spend an hour running around [insert zone] for materials, or do i sell the survey and save some time to actually play the game instead (but prob would earn less off certain surveys depending on zone and easy to reach location of resource.)

As far as i can see it could even benefit starting players. since selling off surveys from zones they haven't reached yet and buying those from zones they have and doing them might earn em more coin for the gathered materials.

Really can't see any downs to it other that "this is how its always been" and that's a bull reason.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same

@Smitch_59

Yep. I'm the original "I won't fight mobs etc. to get to a survey" - that was the first thing I went looking for when I got that survey the first time. You don't even aggro the two spiders running by to get to the jump spot. There's a couple surveys I just won't bother with for that aggro reason: woodworker in Reaper's March, alchemy in Malabal Tor. Might be a couple others, can't remember just now.

Actually, I should have voted other - really I wouldn't care if ZOS made it possible to sell them; I wouldn't sell mine and I likely wouldn't buy very many as I seem to get gobs as it is.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on January 24, 2020 10:25PM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would sell them for the min mat value of the survey eg: the min 120 mats you could expect to get from an equipment survey, who ever buys/does it can take the RNG chance of getting extra, saves me the time of doing them just to sell the mats afterwards.

Would probably price at most:

Rubedite survey 120 times 30 = 3600 gold per

Ruby Ash survey 120 times 25 = 3000 gold per

Ancestor silk/Ruby leather survey 120 times 40 = 4800 gold per

Platinum dust survey 120 times 75 = 9000 gold per(though that is the one survey type I would probably do myself, depends how lazy I am feeling)

Alchemy and Enchanting around 1 - 2K gold per survey at first depends how others price theirs and if they sell if I decide to go higher than that, I rarely do them and never throw them away so have plenty to sell.

All I know is being able to sell them will save me a lot of time since I just sell the raw mats from them, plenty of people who refine rather than sell that would be looking to buy.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Why would i sell the main source of the material i need to do the writs, along with the chance to gain the tempers from the mats?

Its about time. Not everybody has the time to do the surveys. So letting them sell their surveys would be a good idea. Because then they would still need the refined materials for doing the dailies. refined materials you get from refining raw mats for tempers.

So demand for refined materials go up. So prices for that go up too. And on top of that, you are now no longer bound by doing dailies to get more surveys. Instead you can just buy the surveys instead. saving you from a lot of effort, especially on console. where there is no addon for doing writs.
    It would makes doing writs on console more desirable.
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Why not do them,and sell raw mats for gold,since you'd have to sell surveys cheaper than raw mats you'd get.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not do them,and sell raw mats for gold,since you'd have to sell surveys cheaper than raw mats you'd get.

Because some people have a job and a life outside eso. And doing surveys costs time.
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • R0ckster
    R0ckster
    Soul Shriven
    Yes please! I make about 10-15 surveys a day and can't be bothered to collect them! Just think of all the wasted bank slots! If you can sell crafting writs you should also be able to sell surveys :D
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Much as I enjoy crafting, I hate the way the surveys pile up (even though it’s my own fault that I rarely make the time to collect the free mats).

Selling them would be a lot better than what I’ve started to do now to make room in inventory — ouch, I wince to confess this — destroying them.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

@Smitch_59

Yep. I'm the original "I won't fight mobs etc. to get to a survey" - that was the first thing I went looking for when I got that survey the first time. You don't even aggro the two spiders running by to get to the jump spot. There's a couple surveys I just won't bother with for that aggro reason: woodworker in Reaper's March, alchemy in Malabal Tor. Might be a couple others, can't remember just now.

Actually, I should have voted other - really I wouldn't care if ZOS made it possible to sell them; I wouldn't sell mine and I likely wouldn't buy very many as I seem to get gobs as it is.

For the Reaper's March woodworking survey I always send a character who's completed the local quest, as the atronachs are no longer hostile after the quest there is done.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

@Smitch_59

For the Reaper's March woodworking survey I always send a character who's completed the local quest, as the atronachs are no longer hostile after the quest there is done.

Interesting. I didn't realize that. But if there's a "mini boss" in that quest chain, I'd never get through it anyway. My ping's too high, and my ability to manage combat rotations isn't good (25 years ago I had good reflexes; not so much now....)
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't want to sell any of mine, but I wouldn't mind being able to send them to my other account. ;) There's some 25 surveys for each craft, which is 150 stacks of surveys altogether - and that's a rather hefty load with limited storage we have.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to be able to sell the Enchanting ones and possibly the occasional Alchemy.

I collect survey mats for the gold mats I’ll get - the enchanting ones rarely give you a Kuta and just seem like a waste of bag space. They are borderline delete material.
    Edited by AndyMac on January 25, 2020 1:53AM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    AndyMac wrote: »
    I’d like to be able to sell the Enchanting ones and possibly the occasional Alchemy.

I collect survey mats for the gold mats I’ll get - the enchanting ones rarely give you a Kuta and just seem like a waste of bag space. They are borderline delete material.

That's got to be RNG. I get an average of a kuta per enchanting survey. I also get an average of 4 kuta per week of writ rewards. In fact, I have so many I'll probably never run out. I know that's anecdotal, but I'll try to remember to screenshot....
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ninibini wrote: »
    No, but I would like to pick up all surveys of one location at the same time without the necessity of riding back and forth.

no need to ride back and forth log out at that location when you log in you can collect the duplicate

Logging out and in takes longer.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom