The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like to be able to sell your surveys? (the Blue survey rewards for doing daily crafting)

Gracous
Gracous
✭✭✭
Would you like the option to sell them? Why or why not?

Would you like to be able to sell your surveys? (the Blue survey rewards for doing daily crafting) 117 votes

Yes, i would like to be able to sell them
56%
SolarikenDarcyMardinDanikatKhenarthistatic_rechargeSordidfairytaleDenverRalphyLoves_guarsAndyMacSilverwillowredspecter23PaganiniEasily_Lostcjhhickman39Rex-Umbrabrandonv516pod88kkSnowZeniametabLast3rSmitch_59 66 votes
No, Keep it the same
34%
vailjohn_ESOninibiniixieMalthorneStreegaTandorkargen27Shadow_AkulaDojohodaTheDominionPuzzlenutsThe_Old_GoatBobby_V_RockitDiabolus1989EverstormKiralyn2000Ghostrunner24Lady_Scorp72VeeskIngenon 40 votes
Other
9%
belial5221_ESOeklhaftb16_ESOidkBluepitbull13Ohtimbaraltunit21themaddaedravaleriiyaAlinhbo_TyakaMaxx7410Dusk_Coven 11 votes
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any harm in giving somebody the option. If they don't want to, well then keep with the current implementation. If you do, then sell it. Seems like a no-brainer.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    I would never sell them. Except maybe a couple of the annoying to get to ones... which I typically just delete and nobody would probably buy anyway.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    All about the crafting.

• Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like for people to be able to sell them so that I can buy them.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More accurately, I’d like to be able to buy them for 100 gold at remote vendors
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got heart palpitations at the thought of selling them! Haha. But BUYING them, on the other hand... I’d be all for!

S.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just got heart palpitations at the thought of selling them! Haha. But BUYING them, on the other hand... I’d be all for!

S.

^ This
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    No, but I would like to pick up all surveys of one location at the same time without the necessity of riding back and forth.
    Edited by ninibini on January 24, 2020 4:47PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    No, because 1) I use them, and 2) I don't sell anything except trash to vendors.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    No, because 1) I use them, and 2) I don't sell anything except trash to vendors.

Exactly.
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    Options are never bad. Personally I use them but wouldn’t be opposed to selling if one wanted to.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It doesn't bother me either way so why not allow sales. I wouldn't sell mine but might buy some if they were available.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    I pick them all up, no matter their location.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I want: I want a multiplier to be applied to the harvested nodes - based on how many of that survey are in your hand at the moment of harvesting the node - that would allow you to complete multiples of the same survey in one go. You'd take a chance that the "double harvest" CP passive doesn't proc when you do this, but that'd be the trade-off for doing multiple writs at a time instead of one by one.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but I would like to buy other people’s surveys.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    I always use them so I wouldn't sell them. They are rewards for completing a writ so it makes sense that they are for you only.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I’d rather use them, like a consumable, and receive an assortment of appropriate mats. The first dozen surveys were quaint, now they’re just pure drudgery. I burn them. Making them tradable would be better than nothing.
    forever stuck in combat
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    ninibini wrote: »
    No, but I would like to pick up all surveys of one location at the same time without the necessity of riding back and forth.

no need to ride back and forth log out at that location when you log in you can collect the duplicate
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I would like to be able to collect multiple surveys of same nod in a more effective way.
    PC|EU
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y E S.

but what i'd like even more would be an assistant to collect them for me :D
    PC EU
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Keep it the same
    I do the crafting writs partly to get the surveys for materials.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt I'd sell mine, but I might buy them if it was likely to be cheaper than buying the materials directly.

Mainly though I can't see any harm in it, and therefore I can't see any reason not to allow it, if people want to.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Other because I would love to buy them
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Basically my vote can be considered no. It does not seem very bright to sell the surveys as we need the materials to help continue doing writs.

I see Zos not considering this in order to protect players from making mistakes. Much like they have added tools for us to protect ourselves from ourselves in other areas of the game.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd sell them.. even at half their expected value. I already give away all my treasure maps. I've been taking a hard look at whether I ought to just delete the crafting surveys. Loading screens... long rides... the occasional annoying mob. It's good gold per hour, but it's definitely not fun.
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I wouldn't mind either, but it would be awesome if you could combine (for example) 10 of the same survey to make 1 mega survey map to collect the equivalent of those 10 surveys. Imagine not having to ride back and forth 10 times to collect multiples of the same survey OR selling a mega survey map $$$? right click combine 10 surveys at a time or buy/craft a special "lore/RP" glue to "magically" combine multiples of the same survey.
    Edited by Bluepitbull13 on January 24, 2020 5:42PM
    PC-NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would i sell the main source of the material i need to do the writs, along with the chance to gain the tempers from the mats?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RaveRaveRaveRave
    RaveRaveRaveRave
    ✭✭✭
    How much do you think they'd be worth if you could sell them??? Would it matter on the location? I'm sure Craglorn ones would be worth the most.

Alchemy -
    Blacksmithing -
    Clothier -
    Enchanting -
    Jewelry -
    Woodorking -

???
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Nestor wrote: »
    Why would i sell the main source of the material i need to do the writs, along with the chance to gain the tempers from the mats?

Basically what I said, but worded much better.

The idea makes no sense.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    This is what I want: I want a multiplier to be applied to the harvested nodes - based on how many of that survey are in your hand at the moment of harvesting the node - that would allow you to complete multiples of the same survey in one go. You'd take a chance that the "double harvest" CP passive doesn't proc when you do this, but that'd be the trade-off for doing multiple writs at a time instead of one by one.

If they can deconstruct a stack of items as if you did them individually, they can do it for surveys.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 24, 2020 6:51PM