Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 day CP will officially be the only campaign people will play in Greymoor.

• esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my opinion unlocking no cp will just take away the competitiveness and joyful experience of winning a campaign.
    What's the point of winning when you can just swap to whatever faction that Is on top?

Sorry, but whilst in a perfect world I'd agree with you, we live in a world where certain guilds are more than happy to jump from the CP campaign, to the Non-CP campaign to quickly de-emp and get their faction emp; to PVP door the map one colour, or to stop the enemy faction getting Emp, before heading back to the CP Camp, just to help their buddies out. That has a FAR greater influence on the campaign than any other issue. And in a world where a few dollars and hours spent gets you an alt in the oppositions faction where you can do all the things you speak of that faction lock is meant to prevent.

Until those things, together with population imbalance, are fixed there is no joyful experience in winning a campaign.

Edited by esotoon on January 21, 2020 11:54AM
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for not being formally acquainted with everyone on the universally last place faction yet. That's kind of why they are still in last place tbh.

May I politely suggest, that before claiming to speak for everyone, or even the majority, you actually DO get formally equated with such people? Because given that you do not know who one of the most well known Guilds in Bahlokdaan is. Not to mention statements that show your own biases/lack of data such as:
    Minus DC because they are still falling apart due to you know who
    I speak to every gm in the game worth speaking to on the daily
    Apologies for not being formally acquainted with everyone on the universally last place faction yet. That's kind of why they are still in last place tbh.

...It severely undermines the otherwise valid points you might be making.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just copy paste my post from the other thread with some adjustments as it pretty much resonds as to why this change happens.

Meanwhile in Cyrodill ...

FuNU0YB.png

For those who doesn't understand my point. This picture was being made 3 days before last reset of 30 days campaign (dec 2019/jan 2020). I am at position 181 with 1,7k AP which means total population on my alliance on this campaign is less then 200 characters. Now we're talking about characters so considering some people will have multiple characters on leaderboard we can assume population for that 1 alliance is like 120-150 accounts for that 1 alliance. On my second account I also signed to that campaign but with different alliance. I was able to monitor population of AD and EP for both CP and no CP locked campaign.

Both alliance on both campaigns 1 day before closing positioned me on 180-200th spot when I had bare minimum of AP collected. We can safely assume that population of DC is similar. Fun fact is that when I got to like 500k+ AP my position on leaderboard barely moved and I advanced to spot ~170-180 which means there is barley anyone that logs casualy on the campaign once in a while. Now considering each alliance have population of ~120-150 accounts actively playing it gives us something like 400-500 people visiting campaign montly.

That means during last 30 days campaigns duration around or even less then one thousand people visited them. And by "visited" I literally mean entered it and left the base. That is definition of dead content. For the comparison I remember times before faction locks where I was positioned as spot ~1k+ which means 5x more then currently. Even last month before adding faction locks it was way way higher then it is right now. Adding faction locks simply helped Cyrodill population to melt.I am not saying that faction locks are the only reason why Cyrodill died lately but it's hard not to notice it's just another nail to the coffin.

Personally i barely played in Cyrodill after faction locks were intruduced because I am disgusted with the idea that I need to organise all my alts that are evenly splitted between all 3 alliances where in each of alliances I have some of my fauvorites and I will never be able to play all of them the way I want. I like to play in both CP and no CP but faction locks killed it for me and I think many people thinks the same. I simply cannot play in no CP now with 2/3 of my characters which feels very underwhelming. There is also new players aspect. Very often when I was describing what are faction locks to new players they immidiately lost their interrest with joining Cyrodill and preferred to keep playing BG or they were very suspicious about that whole idea because faction locks felt super limiting to them and it felt imposed on them which can be scary when You're new to the game and You need to make some big decisions from the get go.

Faction locks definietly did not help to solve any issue Cyrodill had. Nightcapping is still a thing and still is a major factor deciding who will win. ZoS disencouraged many people from participating in Cyrodill just to make few most vocal players happy but now Cyrodill population declined even more because of it.

And for those who'll come here with arguments "but if non faction locked PvP is so great why dont You join non faction locked campaign" , well You clearly dont understand how non faction loyalist mentality works. We want to have freedom of choice. Not because we want to jump to the winning side but to simply play whatever , whenever we want with or without CP on campaigns where something is already happening. We're mostly small scalers so we wont start sieges etc on empty campaigns as it would take plenty of time with very little outcome.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 21, 2020 12:32PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the counter thing is broken and it just doesn't go beyond 200. It happened during a campaign about 6-9 months ago, maybe a little longer. When I try to get gold rings in a campaign I would purposely take 1 character and repair a door and leave the campaign so that I could get a count of how many people were in on my faction and could then determine what place I would need to be in to be in the top 2%. One campaign the guy I was doing this on with like 58 ap went from 5000 something place to 200th place virtually overnight and still had 58 ap. Don't think the counter has worked right since.

edit, just went in and repaired a wall now and checked 3 different characters, 1 with 88 ap, 1 with 60k ap, 1 with 250k ap. All are tied for 190th place.
    Edited by Ranger209 on January 21, 2020 1:01PM
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldn't be more wrong op. The non co campaign will be played by more people now that faction lock is gone
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

May I politely suggest, that before claiming to speak for everyone, or even the majority, you actually DO get formally equated with such people? Because given that you do not know who one of the most well known Guilds in Bahlokdaan is. Not to mention statements that show your own biases/lack of data such as:

Biases and rivalries are traits of the trade in pvp and what keeps it competitive and entertaining, but you're right I should probably stay on topic instead of letting that bleed into here.

The original point of this post wasn't to discuss faction lock v non-faction lock or to complain about losing another campaign to tri faction players. I was to publicly address history showing signs of repeating itself. When 7 day became "standard" almost every guild left for Kaal but AD guilds and few DC guilds that eventually went elsewhere. This lead to some great pvp, terrible lag, and hour-long ques to get in during primetime in kaal, and now that non-cp is changing im hearing thoughts of another migration to kaal from daan from 2/3 factions discords and its just going to be a bad time ... Kaal will flood even more, due to the faction loyalists not wanting spai's, the pro-non-locked players won't leave kaal anyway (because its the most popular), and we'll be at an even lower spot for pvp than before where both non-locked campaigns are dead for all factions but one and kaal will lag harder and longer with ques in triple digits as a new zeni "intended feature" for Greymoor.

So without all the fuss from both sides, how can we come to a solution of what to do about the influx that actually works for everyone that won't make more dead campaigns?
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was to publicly address history showing signs of repeating itself. When 7 day became "standard" almost every guild left for Kaal but AD guilds and few DC guilds that eventually went elsewhere. This lead to some great pvp, terrible lag, and hour-long ques to get in during primetime in kaal, and now that non-cp is changing im hearing thoughts of another migration to kaal from daan from 2/3 factions discords and its just going to be a bad time ... Kaal will flood even more, due to the faction loyalists not wanting spai's,

I'm not convinced that this flood will happen the same way. For a start several guilds (including two v.large guilds) have already switched from Bahlokdaan to Kaal over the past few campaigns. Of the remaining guilds on Bahlokdaan, the majority of them have been playing on that server long before the locked campaign was introduced, so I am not sure why they would want to suddenly leave when it's switched back to how it was previously. What attracted those guilds to the server was not the locked/unlocked status, but the fact that it is non-CP.

I can however see a gradual migration simply due to the PVP population no longer being big enough to support 2 campaigns. The last Bahlokdaan campaign was one sided, but with TM switching over and AD also having a strong mid sized group with Emp supporting their Pugs, this campaign has been pretty balanced so far. Unfortunately the score does not reflect this, because as I noted above, a certain faction has players from the CP Campaign come in and switch the map in their favour. And with a tiny population size outside of prime time, it is much harder to prevent such outsiders having such a big influence on the campaign score itself or correct it afterwards. (And to be fair to them, there are no doubt people on the other factions who also try to do the same, just a lot less successfully.) So I can well see people getting fed up with such meddling and gradually switching across over the next few months.

That's just my speculation though, I could be wrong and you could be right.

How to prevent it? I think it is too late. ZOS has all but abandoned PVP and experimenting to see what works now, is a bit like testing what materials are Iceberg proof, as the Titanic is sinking. Even if you come up with an answer, the boat is still going to sink! The Tri-faction PVP system only works properly with a healthy population, and a fairly even population split, and with the lack of promotion, support and balancing (both on server performance side and class/ability side) for years and years now, that population simply is no longer there.

As a result, if it were me, I would have 3 campaigns only, and make them all either locked or unlocked. But if they are going to be locked, make them truly locked. Make it a Faction and campaign lock. We simply don't have enough of a PVP population to support more servers than that, and even then, I think it is just a band-aid solution.

ETA: Realistically it may even be time to do away with the Under 50 Campaign too. That way new players could at least hopefully give the Non-CP Campaign some lifeblood.
    Edited by esotoon on January 21, 2020 5:53PM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

Biases and rivalries are traits of the trade in pvp and what keeps it competitive and entertaining, but you're right I should probably stay on topic instead of letting that bleed into here.

The original point of this post wasn't to discuss faction lock v non-faction lock or to complain about losing another campaign to tri faction players. I was to publicly address history showing signs of repeating itself. When 7 day became "standard" almost every guild left for Kaal but AD guilds and few DC guilds that eventually went elsewhere. This lead to some great pvp, terrible lag, and hour-long ques to get in during primetime in kaal, and now that non-cp is changing im hearing thoughts of another migration to kaal from daan from 2/3 factions discords and its just going to be a bad time ... Kaal will flood even more, due to the faction loyalists not wanting spai's, the pro-non-locked players won't leave kaal anyway (because its the most popular), and we'll be at an even lower spot for pvp than before where both non-locked campaigns are dead for all factions but one and kaal will lag harder and longer with ques in triple digits as a new zeni "intended feature" for Greymoor.

So without all the fuss from both sides, how can we come to a solution of what to do about the influx that actually works for everyone that won't make more dead campaigns?

I think you are failing to understand that “Kaal” will not exist anymore. And if anything is replacing Kaal, it will be Blackreach. People stayed in Kaal because its the first listed pvp campaign.

But hey, go on believing that the 3rd listed, locked campaign will have a population beyond your little bubble of a few guilds who care about faction lock (most of who will come right back to the main campaign).

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 21, 2020 9:06PM
    PCNA

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Side note: the locked campaign may see a little population boost when decent players are in the mood for an easy fight.
    PCNA

• Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Removed quote]

[Edited for baiting]

How to prevent it? I think it is too late. ZOS has all but abandoned PVP and experimenting to see what works now, is a bit like testing what materials are Iceberg proof, as the Titanic is sinking. Even if you come up with an answer, the boat is still going to sink! The Tri-faction PVP system only works properly with a healthy population, and a fairly even population split, and with the lack of promotion, support and balancing (both on server performance side and class/ability side) for years and years now, that population simply is no longer there.

As a result, if it were me, I would have 3 campaigns only, and make them all either locked or unlocked. But if they are going to be locked, make them truly locked. Make it a Faction and campaign lock. We simply don't have enough of a PVP population to support more servers than that, and even then, I think it is just a band-aid solution.

ETA: Realistically it may even be time to do away with the Under 50 Campaign too. That way new players could at least hopefully give the Non-CP Campaign some lifeblood.
    Feels bad man, but you're right it should be one or the other instead of slowly changing campaigns one at a time. If it is inevitable, they should do it all at once instead of slowly ripping this bandaid off and making this panic wave of migrators.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on January 28, 2020 2:29PM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Sorry we play on Bahlokdaan not laatvulon. And we were on DC for the previous two campaigns prior to this one as they were consistently the lowest population faction.

Sorry, I’m not the AD you’re looking for.

It's almost like the person claiming to know the opinion of every GM on Bahlokdaan has no idea what's been happening on Bahlokdaan.

@Carespanker oh you didnt?

:thinking:
    PCNA

• coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    make a campaign for zergs, in other servers, in another planet if posible, and maybe then the rest could play sometimes
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    For many (Xbox EU for me) noCP is very quiet, and those locks stop it being abused.

Abused. Hilarious. On Xbox NA, 3 people in noCP is a zerg.
    I'll let you in on a secret of my own.

I'll let you both in on something that's not a secret. When people want to PvP, they prefer to do it against other players, so whichever campaign has the most people in it will attract the most people....
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'll reveal the biggest secret of all by adding to the not so secret that @Mr_Walker just talked about. Most players, as both sides of this fence admit, probably don't care about faction locks one way or the other. BUT, even if the unlocked campaign begins with the most players, all of those casual pvpers that don't care about faction lock, but don't like getting wrecked by 1xX and 4vX tryhards will migrate back to the safety of the zerg on the faction locked campaigns. All of those vX type guys are going to be the first ones to the faction swap server. That playstyle has killed every mmorpg pvp server I have ever been a part of. The ffa, or guild v guild types all end up eating themselves until there is nothing left. I give it 3-4 months if in fact people populate it, before most are back to the faction locked campaign.
  • Dalarius_Avicius
    I'll let you in on a secret of my own.

I speak to every gm in the game worth speaking to on the daily. My opinion is theirs. So when I tell you most GM's are movin' to Kaal when Daan unlocks you better believe it because I hear it from them.

My prediction for Non-CP is the same I had for 30-day standard, everyone leaves to kaal but 1 faction so they can pvd all day (Which ended up being AD). AD has theirs in standard, and EP rules Kaal. I bet Daan's DC stays and Kaal's DC leaves to it because they're tired of being last place in every campaign. Feel free to put money against me because I am very poor after giving all my gold away in the last faction event I hosted.

Oh and, in case you haven't noticed, making things official is sort of what I do. Have a nice day <3.

Your opinion is yours and while many EP GMs might share your opinion 100%, I will have to disagree. I think if people want to play on their main faction one day and on another the next then I think they have the right to do so. Not everyone who plays with other factions is a spy, many have friends who are new to the game and don't have "Any race, Any Alliance" or have friends from other factions. As a member of the RP community and who has friends on other factions, I fall under that category and while there IS a non-locked campaign, it's pretty dead and rarely gets a lot of people. Even with the lock there are still people who will buy a second account and do their "spai stuff" or troll zone chat, there's not much to do about it other than ignore them. I thought faction lock as a HORRIBLE idea from the beginning and I still do to this day. We should not punish the playerbase for the actions of a few who abused the lack of a faction lock when it was around and I think removing it will be a healthy thing for the playerbase and will allow players to go where the fun is, at the end of the day this is a GAME and its best that we start seeing it as such and think about what's good and healthy for the playerbase and not just the "Faction-Loyalist" and even "Hardcore" side of the PVP community.
  • Dalarius_Avicius
    Gonna bring more PvP for sure but at what cost?
    and More scroll trolling degenerates.
    and More Spies.
    and More siege trollers that turn your siege around.
    and More hammer griefers.
    You don't like the person grinding for emp ? swap to another faction and make their gaming experience like hell.
    Here we go again , thank you ZoS.

If you care about the map and score , if you're a faction loyalist you're gonna be against this end of story.
    If you're not , just go play a BG and don't abuse the campaign being unlocked.

From my opinion unlocking no cp will just take away the competitiveness and joyful experience of winning a campaign.
    What's the point of winning when you can just swap to whatever faction that Is on top?

And then you will get some zerg surfers that get on any faction with the biggest group to get more AP.

It will just bring more toxicity even more than the current state.

I should be allowed to play my characters. I don't care about a meaningless 30 day score, I'm not griefing people, I'm not trying to switch to the winning side. There are a ton like me who just wanna play all of the game they bought. We're not here to hurt you. We just want to not have a half roster of unplayed characters

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about, let people play the damn game with their friends and enjoy it. Cases like these outnumber the cases made about the scroll trolls and such. Faction lock needs to be re-worked or completely removed and that's a fact.
  • KINGOFTHESKULLS
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I will just copy paste my post from the other thread with some adjustments as it pretty much resonds as to why this change happens.

FuNU0YB.png

For those who doesn't understand my point. This picture was being made 3 days before last reset of 30 days campaign (dec 2019/jan 2020). I am at position 181 with 1,7k AP which means total population on my alliance on this campaign is less then 200 characters. Now we're talking about characters so considering some people will have multiple characters on leaderboard we can assume population for that 1 alliance is like 120-150 accounts for that 1 alliance. On my second account I also signed to that campaign but with different alliance. I was able to monitor population of AD and EP for both CP and no CP locked campaign.

Both alliance on both campaigns 1 day before closing positioned me on 180-200th spot when I had bare minimum of AP collected. We can safely assume that population of DC is similar. Fun fact is that when I got to like 500k+ AP my position on leaderboard barely moved and I advanced to spot ~170-180 which means there is barley anyone that logs casualy on the campaign once in a while. Now considering each alliance have population of ~120-150 accounts actively playing it gives us something like 400-500 people visiting campaign montly.

That means during last 30 days campaigns duration around or even less then one thousand people visited them. And by "visited" I literally mean entered it and left the base. That is definition of dead content. For the comparison I remember times before faction locks where I was positioned as spot ~1k+ which means 5x more then currently. Even last month before adding faction locks it was way way higher then it is right now. Adding faction locks simply helped Cyrodill population to melt.I am not saying that faction locks are the only reason why Cyrodill died lately but it's hard not to notice it's just another nail to the coffin.

Personally i barely played in Cyrodill after faction locks were intruduced because I am disgusted with the idea that I need to organise all my alts that are evenly splitted between all 3 alliances where in each of alliances I have some of my fauvorites and I will never be able to play all of them the way I want. I like to play in both CP and no CP but faction locks killed it for me and I think many people thinks the same. I simply cannot play in no CP now with 2/3 of my characters which feels very underwhelming. There is also new players aspect. Very often when I was describing what are faction locks to new players they immidiately lost their interrest with joining Cyrodill and preferred to keep playing BG or they were very suspicious about that whole idea because faction locks felt super limiting to them and it felt imposed on them which can be scary when You're new to the game and You need to make some big decisions from the get go.

Faction locks definietly did not help to solve any issue Cyrodill had. Nightcapping is still a thing and still is a major factor deciding who will win. ZoS disencouraged many people from participating in Cyrodill just to make few most vocal players happy but now Cyrodill population declined even more because of it.

And for those who'll come here with arguments "but if non faction locked PvP is so great why dont You join non faction locked campaign" , well You clearly dont understand how non faction loyalist mentality works. We want to have freedom of choice. Not because we want to jump to the winning side but to simply play whatever , whenever we want with or without CP on campaigns where something is already happening. We're mostly small scalers so we wont start sieges etc on empty campaigns as it would take plenty of time with very little outcome.

Why do people keep thinking that the release of faction-locks was the main reason a lot of players quit ESO or stopped playing in cyrodill?
    You do realize game's been in an extremely bad state since the release of faction-lock and elsweyr?
    Dot meta , tank meta , magplar meta , postponing midyear , dungeon finder being broken , cyrodill servers completely crashing , never ending bad performance while the population is high , nerfing the DPS over and over again and many other . . . .

All that can be more than enough to trigger someone to quit the game or Cyrodill specially when they don't like faction lock.

I shall tie your mortal limbs
    I shall invade your thoughts
    I shall belittle your aspiration
    I shall obliterate your hope
    I shall break your will
    I shall devour your flesh
    As you perish I shall live
    Sunder And Keening Officer
    Rage Outta Resdayn
    Black Flag Leader
    Lords of the Shaft
    Former Empress
    Overlord
    Pact Forever
    CP 1000+
    Leaves-No-Cross-UnturnedMagSorc
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The less locks the better. All it did was lower pvp populations and divide friends.

They should just make it so that you pick one faction for rewards it can still fight on others when the server is dead / one sided

If it divided friends then those friends should go to the non-locked campaign.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

FuNU0YB.png

Why do people keep thinking that the release of faction-locks was the main reason a lot of players quit ESO or stopped playing in cyrodill?
    You do realize game's been in an extremely bad state since the release of faction-lock and elsweyr?
    Dot meta , tank meta , magplar meta , postponing midyear , dungeon finder being broken , cyrodill servers completely crashing , never ending bad performance while the population is high , nerfing the DPS over and over again and many other . . . .

All that can be more than enough to trigger someone to quit the game or Cyrodill specially when they don't like faction lock.

Why do people keep responding to a comments without reading them fully ?

You do realize that I've said in my comment that faction locks were not the only reason why people started to leave Cyrodill but it's just "another nail to the coffin" ?

Things You're mentioning are nothing new. We had broken metas before faction locks , we had postponed midyear before faction locks , we had broken dungeon finder before locks , we had Cyrodill servers crashing before faction locks , we had Cyrodill server performance being bad at prime time before faction locks, we had lot of nerfs before faction locks. All those things You're mentioning were happening before faction locks and most of the time simultaneously. So why there was no massive exodus of players back then ? Because up to the faction locks release population was dropping but slowly and right after faction locks were introduced it started to drop way faster. Dont You think there is certain pattern. Like I've said faction lock was not the only reason but it definietly hepled to speed things up.

Also people like to use argument of bad performance after Elsweyr release but they keep forgetting why that performance started to be worse. It was because of massive influx of players. On PC EU it was the biggest influx ever. So isnt that wierd that when game is stating to rapidly grow PvP in it is starting to rapidly shrink at the same time without any additional reasons that happened also at the same time ?

You said in Your last phrase "all that can be more than enough to trigger someone to quit the game or Cyrodill specially when they don't like faction lock" , which is basically my point. Faction locks were a thing that for many people was one reason too much. And it turns out there is more of those people then faction loyalists so ZOS now reverts faction locks on main campaigns.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 22, 2020 1:59PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 25 minute queue in pc na for dc Monday night. First time in a year and a half I have had to wait 25 minutes to get in. That predates faction locks by a year. I pointed out to you @Juhasow above in this thread that the leaderboard is broken and no longer reflects the position that each character occupies on the leader board. Matter of fact I went after that and looked at a character of mine in the no CP campaign who had the same 88 AP as the one guy of mine in the CP campaign and yet was 14 spots lower on that leader board. This would indicate more people play no CP than Kaal which is incorrect. Also if what you are saying is true then exactly 4 people would be getting gold jewelry at the end of each campaign, pretty sure that number is closer to or greater than 100. There are still thousands of characters logging into Kaal each campaign. There is just no longer any way to tell that.
    Edited by Ranger209 on January 22, 2020 7:01PM
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

I’ll let you in on a secret. Those who cry against faction locks are the vocal minority.

Faction locks limited us to only part of the product we purchased from ZOS. Now that they are giving us all our characters back, all the zerglings/bad players are freaking out and it is scrumptious.

Fixed the first part for you. And to say that faction lock supporters are bad is just silly. That was never part of the issue, quality of players. If you want to be taken seriously, be serious. The issues are all plainly listed by other posters above, and are all valid since faction locking fixed them.

Now us fine players are not interested in going back to alliance hopping with scroll trolling, very one sided fights, and the list goes on.

Faction lock was an original intent in this game, and they should have stuck with that and never opened it up at all.

There should be more faction consequences in PvE too, but the days of games having anything interesting in them for PvE beyond hard mode dungeons is well over.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how anyone can gauge if people left because of faction lock when most have left because of horrific performance and being blue screened once an hour.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like playing in a faction lock. However, I do wish all you "Non Lock" and "Non CP" players find happiness one day.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regardless of how people feel personally, the only thing that remains is to see where people choose to play. Then we’ll adjust from there to the dominant campaign.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the people have spoken with the MYM event. Kaal is the campaign that people are waiting in que for. It is not the first campaign in the list so the argument of people choosing the first campaign in the list is invalid. So, if someone says that the players want no CP and/or no faction lock, then you just need to point the MYM 2020 and tell them that the evidence doesn't match their view. The long queue is the people have spoken. We want faction locks and our CP.
    So, yes, ZOS, we need a second 30 day CP enabled alliance locked campaign.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What platform you on?
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone who will move to locked, especially as it's CP.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the people have spoken with the MYM event. Kaal is the campaign that people are waiting in que for. It is not the first campaign in the list so the argument of people choosing the first campaign in the list is invalid. So, if someone says that the players want no CP and/or no faction lock, then you just need to point the MYM 2020 and tell them that the evidence doesn't match their view. The long queue is the people have spoken. We want faction locks and our CP.

It is the first campaign in the list, and the home campaign.

So if you wanted leaderboards or to get your campaign rewards you will queue for your home campaign.

On PCEU every campaign was locked or 3-bar pop. All 7.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp sucks anyway. It's where all the mean people hang, especially the EP's
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, faction lock, to begin with, was a terrible idea, and goes against the ethos of One Tamriel "Play the way you want".

I always here the trope of spies and giving away scrolls. That doesn't happen very often, and there is no way to stop it. This is the internet, trolls will be trolls and find a way to do so anyway.

What faction lock does do, is prevent the populations from being evened out by those, like myself, who are just looking for good fights. Having faction loyalty is not a bad thing, I'm EP through and through, but I prefer to get fights.

The only faction lock has been proven to do was kill population numbers on Sotha. Even prime time now, not all factions are locked the majority of the time. This is verifiable, your witch hunt over trolls and spies can't be proven.

Stop acting on "feelings", it's how the state of today's PvP got to where it is now. Act on the numbers, which show faction locks have been bad for the nonCP campaign.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier