The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Restrictions on entering Cyrodiil campaigns?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Is the following a complete and accurate description of the restrictions on entering Cyrodiil campaigns?
  • In some campaigns, you can't enter with a character who has already reached Level 50.
  • In alliance-locked campaigns, you can only enter with characters from one particular alliance for the duration of the campaign. (And you get to choose which alliance that is each time the campaign is finished/restarted.) This doesn't affect which other campaigns your characters (from any alliance) can enter; it's only about that one campaign.
  • Your "home" campaign setting no longer has anything to do with which campaigns you can actually enter; you just get (potentially) more rewards from playing in your home campaign than playing elsewhere.
  • Similarly, there is no longer a concept of a "guest" campaign.
  • This is ESO. Notwithstanding anything else, you might not actually be able to load into where you want to go.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's globally correct.

- there is an "under-level-50" campaign, designed for players under level 50 only. That's pretty self-explanatory.

- The alliance-locked campaigns mean that if you enter it with -let's say- Aldmeri Dominion character, you'll be able to enter it with any other AD character, but not with Ebonheart or Daggerfall characters. For that campaign only.

- "Home" campaign adds rewards from collected Alliance Points in this campaign, nothing else.

- This is ESO indeed, the loading screen is still way overpowered compared to anything.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've now learned that there's a five minute grace periodafter you enter an alliance-locked campaign to get back out before the lock clicks.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've now learned that there's a five minute grace periodafter you enter an alliance-locked campaign to get back out before the lock clicks.

Yes... But you may have a disconnection when in Cyrodiil, even during that 5-min, and possibly experience the famous "error 304" (your character is still logged in for 15min, while you can't access server), thus locking you in that campaign.

I wouldn't play with that 5min delay if I can avoid it.