Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Trading question -> Mail CoD

deef85b16_ESO
deef85b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello!

I've just found my first duplicate racial skill book which I want to trade with another player but I'm not totally sure how to do it, so I've got a few questions and I hope someone could give some answers to my question :)

My first thought was of course telling in zone chat that is want to sell my racial skill book, but how to process after someone wants to buy my book ?

Would it be safe to handle the trade through mail ? (since you risk a ban when you receive a decent amount of gold through mail).

Furthermore would I need to put the price I'm being offered for the book in CoD ?

How do you guys/gals handle such transactions ?

Thanks in advance!

• crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you risk a ban when you receive a decent amount of gold through mail?

CoD is an ok option. You should ask the buyer to also pay for the postage fee, though.

I wouldn't say it's any safer than meeting the person in game and trading manually though.

JUST MAKE SURE you don't do what I've done many times, and forget to select CoD radio button.

I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally sent people gold along with my item because I forgot to click the radio button next to CoD after entering the amount....

Absolutely DO NOT give your item to the person if you haven't specified COD, or they've put the amount you asked for into the trade window though.
    Edited by crush83 on April 17, 2014 6:21PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never initiated CoD; but I have paid that way (in-game lol) and I found it to be an excellent way to go. Also, the CoD I did was for a Racial Motif I bought.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers :)

Though I'll first try to sell it through this marketplace -> http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/categories/the-marketplace.79/

So that I don't have to spam zone chat and it's more well-ordered :)
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    As @crush83‌ pointed out make sure to select "CoD" for delivery method BEFORE putting items into the mail. This will ensure you don't accidently send something for free.

Step 1 ) Put item up for sale WTS X Motif [link item in chat]
    Step 2 ) You get a whisper with someone interested in motif, negotiate price. I personally include the CoD in my price as it's annoying to try and include it when negotiating. Straight up 1,500 for X motif (CoD included) as an example
    Step 3 ) Start a new mail message, select the CoD radio button and put in the amount you agreed upon. Then enter the individuals mailing address (when you start typing their name it should show a list of recently whispered players)
    Step 4 ) Let the player know you've mailed it in-game and it should show up whenever the system decided to deliver it (expect delays)
    Step 5 ) The receiving player has X hours (not positive, roughly 24 hours) to accept the delivery and pay the Charge on delivery. If they do not accept and pay the item will be returned to you by mail.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    @deef85b16_ESO‌ I'd actually advise against using a third-party website to sell an item. It's up to you, but I think I'd spam zone chat first to be honest. Those websites are crawling with seasoned scammers.