The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can we have Midyear Mayhem dates?

okiav
okiav
✭✭✭
please?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    January 28 - February 3 2021
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by EvilAutoTech on January 21, 2020 4:07PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Tuesday ( today ) or Thursday
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Source?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Monday or Wednesday
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

2021 :D
    PC-EU
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to know so we can you know....plan
    Beta tester November 2013
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that it will start tomorrow, Wednesday, when the current crown store offerings cycle through.

I wish I didn't have to guess though...
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will not be in the middle of the year.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Friday or Sunday
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jan 1st to Dec 31st
    Any year

... :wink:

Edited by Gythral on January 21, 2020 4:24PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that it will start tomorrow, Wednesday, when the current crown store offerings cycle through.

I wish I didn't have to guess though...

Yeah, that is the prevailing guess amongst zone chat, but I'm really surpirised there has been no article yet.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems kinda moot to hold this event while PS4 blue screens now constantly without the massive number of players that would come with this event.

Hate that one platform would hold back the others, but it would be completely unplayable in this condition for PS4 users. Until they can fix that, I don't see Midyear Mayhem coming anytime soon. As one poster said, if the event happens in this condition, players on PS4 would riot. There would need to be heavy compensation if an entire platform couldn't participate.

FFXIV can have 75 players on screen at once, full spell/ability effects going off left, right, and center, with no hiccup of lag anywhere to be seen, and zero times have I ever blue screened in that game. (Edit: And no, I'm not saying FFXIV PvP is good...it absolutely isn't. But they handle servers far better than Zos does. No one can argue that.)

I just don't know how Zos can let these problems persist for such lengths of time.
    Edited by Kel on January 21, 2020 5:13PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t they have announced it already if it was going to be tomorrow? I can’t believe they haven’t given us a date yet unless they are considering cancelling it. That will be bad. The last time they cancelled it, a bunch of PVP people quit. I am hearing of more who will quit if they cancel it again. It’s our only event.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume it's cancelled again.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    It’s our only event.

The Imp City event was pretty fun this year. If they would just add a leaderboard to Imp City it might be more like that all the time.

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 days before it starts
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    I assume it's cancelled again.

Yeah me too and a bunch of us in PVP also assume that or they would have announced it by now.

• themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Events starting day is thursday afaik. And i hope mayhem is next thursday (last thursday of january) not this one, as it would be ridiculous to bring it on without proper notice.
    PC|EU
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    okiav wrote: »
    please?

Its a constant battle to get them to announce any date more than 4 days ahead of time.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, Midyear Mayhem has not been canceled and you can expect an article with its timing, rewards, and other details to be published tomorrow morning EST.
    Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on January 21, 2020 6:26PM
    Staff Post
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, Midyear Mayhem has not been canceled and you can expect an article with its timing, rewards, and other details to be published tomorrow morning EST.
    Thank you, Sarah!

I'm placing my bets on January 23rd (Thursday) - February 3rd (Monday).
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Joy!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    watch mid year mayhem begin and end while im out on a field op. hahaha, hopefully not, really hoping to get the pages to the legion zero crafting motif
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it probably starts on Thursday, then, the 23rd. :/
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pls don't make it this thursday when i'm away i needs them alliance points senpai owo uwu
    PC|EU
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pls don't make it this thursday when i'm away i needs them alliance points senpai owo uwu

Nah. Please do start this Thursday. I took extra days off in expectation to be this week
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do it this Thursday
  • Hellvlad
    Hellvlad
    ✭✭✭
    Don't want to be nit picking here, but shouldn't this event be called Winter Mayhem instead of Midyear given the current dates?
  • ValueDrift
    ValueDrift
    ✭✭✭
    Hellvlad wrote: »
    Don't want to be nit picking here, but shouldn't this event be called Winter Mayhem instead of Midyear given the current dates?

It probably should, but all the in game assets they have ready for it call it Midyear mayhem, they probably consider just keeping that to be the lesser evil compared to extra work.
This discussion has been closed.