The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blue screens in trials

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are blue screens fixed or the same now after maintenance?
    My understanding is that this is mostly a client-side problem. It's already been announced that there will be a PS4 patch this month to address the crashing (Note they didn't use the word "fix" though, so I wouldn't bank on them being eliminated).

There will probably be patch notes when it's released, and you'll need to download updates to the client on the console.
    PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did buy a bigger shovel to bury the subject however. ;)
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just turned on my PS4 for the first time today.

It’s 11:30 am Eastern U.S., so not exactly crowded yet, I imagine.

Boot up game. Select character.

BLUE SCREEN LOADING CHARACTER INTO THE GAME.

Quality.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos you need to seriously communicate on this matter in detail please.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos you need to seriously communicate on this matter in detail please.

Wouldn't hold my breath on that. ZOS isn't exactly known for admitting their own mistakes, much less if they have no idea how to fix them. And I'm pretty damn sure they don't know how to do that, otherwise those last patches probably would have done a better job.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plus, we’ve been swept into the basement and out of the General Discussion public eye, so.......
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, we’ve been swept into the basement and out of the General Discussion public eye, so.......

Mass "Bluescreens on PS4" posting spree in general you say? ;)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, if you really think about it, it's only logical for ZOS, from their point of view, not to give us a definitive statement about the issue, because there's no way that could turn out well for them. Either they would have to come out and say: "Okay, people, we botched this and have no idea how to fix it. We're working on it, but whether our efforts will lead to something - who can say. Maybe not". That would be honest and even though lots of us would appreciate that, it would also likely lead to quite a few people leaving the game (and thus, not paying anymore).

On the other hand, if it is really the PS4's hardware that's at fault here (which I don't believe, but for the sake of argument, let's say it is), that would make things even worse, because we'd know that there can under no circumstances be a fix or a chance for things to get better, until the PS5 comes out. Which would probably make even more people leave for good.

It's a lose-lose situation for everyone here, and I guess they're just really hoping that a future fix will actually help at least somewhat to keep the PS4 population happy and make them stay, so they keep a lid on the state of things and hope for a miracle. Which, if they really should know that there is little to no chance things will lighten up again, is a bad move all around - almost close to a scam, really, and I sure hope I'm wrong with my fatalism here.

Edited for typo.
    Edited by CassandraGemini on January 5, 2020 12:00PM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like to me they should say what exactly it is because we're a decently loyal fan base at minimum to even be here through all of this. If a complete rewrite of the code to get through these issues is necessary I'll wait for it. Would be better than nothing. Many of us will leave if we continue to be treated as if we're not here. Zos could do the right thing. Since this new maintenance is the blue screens and load freezing stopped?
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on January 5, 2020 7:39PM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any changes since megaserver maintenance? They've made some minor adjustments to delay the memory leak overload but it's so far not effective. Really hoping with mayhem coming this helped?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For the latest update regarding the blue screen crashes on PS4 please see the following post here. An update will be coming soon to address this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE here we are still getting bluescreens after the 16th and patch so are we EVER going to get an REAL fix not just an bandaid that doesn't stuck for PvP on ps4?
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same still blue screening and load screen freezing. Albeit with less frequency, nonetheless they're still happening.
  • de-javu
    de-javu
    OK @ZOS_BillE when can we expect a resolution? Our PVP guild is still experiencing 25-40 blue screens an hour in Cyrodiil, PVE'ers are getting at least 3-5 per day, It's February 2, 2020 groundhog day so I expect this to be the same lame excuse each day till the game completely crashes or there is a fix. I am not sure the ESO team knows how to fix it, but I have recognized these blue screens were growing in intensity ever since the increase in animation cancellations and modded controllers were allow in this game, then Dragon Hold DLC happened and it exploded the number of blue screens that everyone on console is experiencing. We are losing several players a week to these blue screens and it is a shame that your dev's are more interested in expanding an unstable game than fixing the bread & butter you depend on for consistent revenue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    On February 5th an incremental patch is planned to address this issue.
    Staff Post
  • EddieRavendark
    Today's patch did nothing to fix the blue screen issue... logged on after the servers went live, completed a dungeon and blue screened just after last boss died.

Update: having played around 5 hours since the maintenance and patch, I have now had 4 more blue screens, my guild mates that I've been farming dungeons with have also experienced a lot of blue screens, in total 16 between us. This is simply not good enough, it's been going on for so long now, I'm not surprised people are quitting left, right and centre...
    Edited by EddieRavendark on February 6, 2020 8:05AM
  • KAT_MEAT
    KAT_MEAT
    ✭✭
    But there's new ITEMS IN CROWN STORE!
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    The game has so many crash reports to SONY that they won't even sell the pre-order for the next chapter.
  • KAT_MEAT
    KAT_MEAT
    ✭✭
    Because Sony is 10 times more efficient at sucking less
    These clowns stack trash on top of trash and hope you don't recognize how horrendous they are.
    But great instructions on how to restart your PS4
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rustle911 wrote: »
    The game has so many crash reports to SONY that they won't even sell the pre-order for the next chapter.

Haha, I sincerely hope this is the case. We should spread this rumour and see how zos reacts. 😂
    Edited by AgaTheGreat on February 11, 2020 10:52PM
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • KAT_MEAT
    KAT_MEAT
    ✭✭
    They've already deleted my posts
    An still have yet to respond to any of my inquires
    ZOS is very afraid of customers with common sense
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Another update has been posted here. For anyone still experiencing blue screen crashes or getting lag after the update please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Another update has been posted here. For anyone still experiencing blue screen crashes or getting lag after the update please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.

Like this is going to change anything.
    The game is unplayable for everyone and you want us to open a support ticket that will basically tell us to restart our console, reinitialise is or re-download the game. Get a grip. 🤦‍♀
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat