Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 day CP will officially be the only campaign people will play in Greymoor.

Carespanker
Carespanker
✭✭✭✭
For those that don't know, Bahlokdaan is going to be non-locked. Judging by how well that went for 7-day standard and the current conversations in the Official PVP Discords between every PVP GM (Minus DC because they are still falling apart due to you know who), almost everyone plans on moving to Kaal from Daan after it becomes unlocked.

I don't know if you have even entered Cyrodiil recently Zenimax, but Kaal is already in 64+ ques every. single. day. And now you want all the players from Bahlokdaan moving there because you want to make non-cp non-locked? are you kidding me? The place already lags 18 hours out of the day and with the non-cp guilds moving over on top of that the place will be even more unplayable for even more hours of the day (if you manage to get in in the first place that is.)

So knowing this is most likely set up already without question or votes from the community (because that's how Zenimax rolls), zos is going to wait till its such an overwhelming problem to do anything about it as per usual. So ill go out of my way to start listing solutions they can use when that time comes along with the pros and cons of each of them.

1. Make 2 non-cp campaigns: It will be the first thing people will suggest without understanding what comes with that. The pvp community is shrinking every day due to various decisions on zos' part and the game only being playable seasonally for most players. This would ultimately lead to multiple dead campaigns where people would PvD all day to their heart's content.

2. Lower the campaign locks: This would lead to guilds forced to spread out to other campaigns evenly. This could go with the option above to spread out the player base. The cons behind this is that the player base wants to play with or against specific people or groups and splitting them will lead to players not liking it entirely due to the lack of player interactions.

3. (The cop out) Make Kaal's server bigger to accumulate all the other players: This is the least likely one to happen but would probably be the safest bet and make it so you can keep your current plan in check. The downside to this is that you would basically be openly admitting all other campaigns don't matter.

4. (Most universally hated idea) Abolish faction loyalty altogether and make Kaal non locked: It would solve the Kaal overpopulation sure... but I can already tell you almost every GM I know would quit if faction loyalty was gone. What's the point of being competitive if you can just swap to the winning team? It's terrible and I highly recommend straying against this option even though it's most likely to happen.

5. Relocking Non-CP again: This wouldn't change a thing but maybe that's for the best. It would stop the full migration to Kaal, and can be done with option 2 to populate to populate it with Kaal's overpopulation. The downside to this is Zenimax would have to say the only changes to pvp is new sets and a new artifact pvd device for all of Greymoor. I say bite the bullet and do that and work on the things that people actually want for pvp. (insert a link to Pain's reaction video to the pvp update here)

If you have any other suggestions for Zos to never read, post them below. All in all, I will almost put money on Zenimax not doing anything about this till they see it was a bad decision and all campaigns but Kaal become as dead as "Standard" but who knows, maybe dead pvp is what they apparently strive for to be the "standard" of their game. :/
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    remove faction lock.....................it gets removed...................complain about it

???????
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    remove faction lock.....................it gets removed...................complain about it

???????

If no faction lock was ever something people actually wanted "Standard" would have more than 15 AD in it pvdooring it all day. Open your eyes, all those guilds moved to Kaal after that update and never looked back.
    Edited by Carespanker on January 20, 2020 11:03PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

???????

If no faction lock was ever something people actually wanted "Standard" would have more than 15 AD in it pvdooring it all day. Open your eyes, all those guilds moved to Kaal after that update and never looked back.

I had already deleted all my non EP toons by then, they should stick with lock after wasting our time

I absolutely hated lock at first
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The less locks the better. All it did was lower pvp populations and divide friends.

They should just make it so that you pick one faction for rewards it can still fight on others when the server is dead / one sided
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s 30 day cp locked and unlocked. We’ll see which ones players want most now. Eventually the one with the highest, most consistent population will pull the other ones over.

Really happy with unlocked non cp myself, this is the campaign I as well as my guild prefer and when populations are 2-3 bars per faction the competition is still solid with fun and interesting fights.

We’ve switched factions previously a few times to balance populations both before and after faction lock, mainly because we know we can find better fights by being on the lowest pop or weakest faction. Knowing that we’ll no longer get stuck on a faction that quickly recovers from a down period when the holidays hit as happened to us last campaign in Bahlokdaan is great news.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah not worth it anymore

People will be trolling scrolls and hammers all day, every day by changing factions

• Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be a waste of time

Because I will spend my real life hours into something I am expecting to enjoy and someone will be like

"ehmehem I stiil scrull lul I will giv dat to enemi ehemehe me iz cool ehemehe"
    "i am spaii"
    "i will spaiii"
    "i will drup the hammer"

And someone will waste it

What is the point in playing then if everything I do for the last few hours can be wasted in 2 mins by a single person's "fun" ?

Sure waste the rest of 200 people's hours from real life
    Edited by Cirantille on January 21, 2020 12:07AM
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    There’s 30 day cp locked and unlocked. We’ll see which ones players want most now. Eventually the one with the highest, most consistent population will pull the other ones over.

Really happy with unlocked non cp myself, this is the campaign I as well as my guild prefer and when populations are 2-3 bars per faction the competition is still solid with fun and interesting fights.

We’ve switched factions previously a few times to balance populations both before and after faction lock, mainly because we know we can find better fights by being on the lowest pop or weakest faction. Knowing that we’ll no longer get stuck on a faction that quickly recovers from a down period when the holidays hit as happened to us last campaign in Bahlokdaan is great news.

We already know whats popular; The locked one lol. Every guild from every faction but ad left to Kaal from 7 day after the update and its no wonder you like it you're apart of the AD that pvd the map all day lmao. The only fights you will find are from pug groups or from the Kaal overflow.
    Edited by Carespanker on January 21, 2020 12:10AM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! the old Sotha/Azura campaign <3
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Zoidberg
    Zoidberg
    Soul Shriven
    I honestly don’t know how ZOS reaches its decisions about changing PvP, because it certainly isn’t through input from players given the universal response of surprise-***-shock this morning. I also don’t understand why this capitulation is being made - the people who whinged about the faction lock the most generally sucked it up or left the game (after not being terribly active) while the player base adapted to the new settings very well. People seem to think there’s no PvP in Sotha, but there’s plenty - just without shitters griefing en masse with the exception of one guild that has been reported multiple times for in and out of game harassment. Frankly, this move is a bit of a slap in the face to those of us who have been concerned with this behaviour as in the absence of punishment alongside these developments it seems to directly reward it.

I have no interest in leaving no-CP, and I would prefer to retain the faction lock. Now that Pandora’s box has been opened on cross-faction harassment, removing the faction lock is really only likely to worsen this.

I would also suggest some basic stakeholder integration: there is, as Care has spoken, a relatively organised communication structure for GMs across the factions who would be able to provide relevant information to guide development across campaigns. Announcements like this should not provoke surprise in this manner amongst the player base.
    RAGE outta Resdayn - EP (PC NA)
    Buttocks Freely
    Shazbaz the Wankitician
    Pangur Ban Kunarthi
    Kandana
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps its time I post the official NA cords to the forums instead of just insisting players look for the links in their factions zone chats @Zoidberg, Ill start writing it up immediately.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We already know whats popular; The locked one lol. Every guild from every faction but ad left to Kaal from 7 day after the update and its no wonder you like it you're apart of the AD that pvd the map all day lmao. The only fights you will find are from pug groups or from the Kaal overflow.

Sorry we play on Bahlokdaan not laatvulon. And we were on DC for the previous two campaigns prior to this one as they were consistently the lowest population faction.

Sorry, I’m not the AD you’re looking for.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • KINGOFTHESKULLS
    Gonna bring more PvP for sure but at what cost?
    and More scroll trolling degenerates.
    and More Spies.
    and More siege trollers that turn your siege around.
    and More hammer griefers.
    You don't like the person grinding for emp ? swap to another faction and make their gaming experience like hell.
    Here we go again , thank you ZoS.

If you care about the map and score , if you're a faction loyalist you're gonna be against this end of story.
    If you're not , just go play a BG and don't abuse the campaign being unlocked.

From my opinion unlocking no cp will just take away the competitiveness and joyful experience of winning a campaign.
    What's the point of winning when you can just swap to whatever faction that Is on top?

And then you will get some zerg surfers that get on any faction with the biggest group to get more AP.

It will just bring more toxicity even more than the current state.
    I shall tie your mortal limbs
    I shall invade your thoughts
    I shall belittle your aspiration
    I shall obliterate your hope
    I shall break your will
    I shall devour your flesh
    As you perish I shall live
    Sunder And Keening Officer
    Rage Outta Resdayn
    Black Flag Leader
    Lords of the Shaft
    Former Empress
    Overlord
    Pact Forever
    CP 1000+
    Leaves-No-Cross-UnturnedMagSorc
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, on Xbox, this campaign will still have zero people in it, so....
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm guessing this is all part of their testing process to determine how many players like each type of rule set. They started with CP locked and unlocked, and No CP locked. Now they are seeing how populations migrate with changing No CP to unlocked. Some no CP players asked for this. Combining this with a fresh restart of all 4 campaigns at the same time, which a lot of Unlocked backers rightfully argued for so that massive amounts of the pvp community weren't already committed to a particular server when the 30 day unlocked opened is fair. Looks like the 30 day unlocked CP will also be listed first, which they think is a factor. SMH So every point of contention can be answered when these 4 new servers open.

It is my suggestion that everyone pick the server which rule set you find most important. If you think no CP is the most important thing, go there. If you think a faction locked campaign is the most important thing go there. If you think an unlocked campaign is the most important thing go there...sorry for listing that last...No characters will be bound to any campaign as they are all new and free to join. No costs for switching. No players already committed to a server when another launches. Go there, pick the campaign that most suits your interests and go there. Vote. Don't take all of your characters there, start with one. Play it and vote.

In the end how the population divides up will be determined by the larger guilds and the choices that they make. The off hours, lower pop time slots seem to gravitate to the most active server outside of their playtimes for whatever reason. The only reason I can think of is that they want to impact the score on the most populated server, but that's just my from the outside looking in, snarky point of view to it....or not. Maybe there will be a fairly even split between these guilds, maybe it will be skewed in one direction or the other, this is the time to vote. Be brave and take one character to the server of your choice and play it. If after a week or so it doesn't seem like a good choice you have all of your other characters to home on another server. Remember too, you can play on any of them without homing. So don't home one right away if you are unsure. Vote with your choice, let it play out, and go from there.
    Edited by Ranger209 on January 21, 2020 2:12AM
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make no-CP 30 days locked or remove hammer from it. Otherwise it will be even more messy than today.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to what I stated above, they are gathering meaningful data right now with what they are doing. All they have to go off of otherwise is the forum polls that people make, and opinion in these forums from a very small percentage of the player base. What they have been doing and are continuing to do is gather data on who plays on what type of server rule set and seeing for themselves where people gravitate. So go where you want to play. Join the server that best fits your playstyle and desires of what you want for a server rule set. If you don't, you only skew the data in a way that is detrimental to your best interests. It's time to quit saying yeah but, and give them the data they are trying to obtain in a meaningful way. Again just do it with one character to start, but let your presence be known to them about which server type you like.
  • KINGOFTHESKULLS
    The PvP in non-cp is the most enjoyable and the least boring in compare to CP.
    Adding a second no-cp campaign that is locked will kind of fix it but then either one of them will turn into an extremely dead campaign.
    I shall tie your mortal limbs
    I shall invade your thoughts
    I shall belittle your aspiration
    I shall obliterate your hope
    I shall break your will
    I shall devour your flesh
    As you perish I shall live
    Sunder And Keening Officer
    Rage Outta Resdayn
    Black Flag Leader
    Lords of the Shaft
    Former Empress
    Overlord
    Pact Forever
    CP 1000+
    Leaves-No-Cross-UnturnedMagSorc
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    “Officially”? What about your opinion is official?

You are delusional if you think everyone is going to leave the no cp campaign just for faction locks.

I’ll let you in on a secret. Those who cried for faction locks are the vocal minority. NonCP population won’t change much.

Faction locks limited us to only part of the product we purchased from ZOS. Now that they are giving us all our characters back, all the zerglings/bad players are freaking out and it is scrumptious.
    PCNA

• Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you in on a secret of my own.

I speak to every gm in the game worth speaking to on the daily. My opinion is theirs. So when I tell you most GM's are movin' to Kaal when Daan unlocks you better believe it because I hear it from them.

My prediction for Non-CP is the same I had for 30-day standard, everyone leaves to kaal but 1 faction so they can pvd all day (Which ended up being AD). AD has theirs in standard, and EP rules Kaal. I bet Daan's DC stays and Kaal's DC leaves to it because they're tired of being last place in every campaign. Feel free to put money against me because I am very poor after giving all my gold away in the last faction event I hosted.

Oh and, in case you haven't noticed, making things official is sort of what I do. Have a nice day <3.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you in on a secret of my own.

I speak to every gm in the game worth speaking to on the daily. My opinion is theirs. So when I tell you most GM's are movin' to Kaal when Daan unlocks you better believe it because I hear it from them.

My prediction for Non-CP is the same I had for 30-day standard, everyone leaves to kaal but 1 faction so they can pvd all day (Which ended up being AD). AD has theirs in standard, and EP rules Kaal. I bet Daan's DC stays and Kaal's DC leaves to it because they're tired of being last place in every campaign. Feel free to put money against me because I am very poor after giving all my gold away in the last faction event I hosted.

Oh and, in case you haven't noticed, making things official is sort of what I do. Have a nice day <3.

There was never anyone in the other CP campaign to begin with. No one “moved”.

And about your secret: What you are describing is what people call an ‘echo chamber’ or a ‘bubble’.

Nothing about this prediction is official.
    Nothing about your echo-chamber-for-players-who aren’t-good-at-game-mechanics discord servers is official.

Delusions of grandeur.

I’d say have a nice day but clearly its already been ruined by the end of this casual-pandering faction lock experiment. <3
    PCNA

• wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, unlocking Kaal would be fantastic. My 1-3 friends and I already 1-4 v X, but we get forced on a few toons (that are DC) unless we want to remake our mains and others that we've had for years before faction lock. Having the option to get on my AD magsorc or magcro would be fantastic! As it is, faction lock severely limits my ability to PvP on a multitude of toons as most are spread across factions and Kaal is the only campaign w/ a population when I'm able to play.

That being said, the lag is almost unbearable w/ a large population (thankfully I only play late at night). The servers are gonna blow up during Midyear Mayhem lol.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the problem is having the same pattern on all platforms. For many (Xbox EU for me) noCP is very quiet, and those locks stop it being abused.

It appears up above on some platforms it's pop locked..thus making a change to fix problem X or problem Y has different implications on different platforms.

I'm pro lock, and we have seen on CP 30 Day lock is the player favourite by far. They have has a choice for half a year and it's been consistent.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that don't know, Bahlokdaan is going to be non-locked. Judging by how well that went for 7-day standard and the current conversations in the Official PVP Discords between every PVP GM (Minus DC because they are still falling apart due to you know who), almost everyone plans on moving to Kaal from Daan after it becomes unlocked.

I don't know if you have even entered Cyrodiil recently Zenimax, but Kaal is already in 64+ ques every. single. day. And now you want all the players from Bahlokdaan moving there because you want to make non-cp non-locked? are you kidding me? The place already lags 18 hours out of the day and with the non-cp guilds moving over on top of that the place will be even more unplayable for even more hours of the day (if you manage to get in in the first place that is.)

So knowing this is most likely set up already without question or votes from the community (because that's how Zenimax rolls), zos is going to wait till its such an overwhelming problem to do anything about it as per usual. So ill go out of my way to start listing solutions they can use when that time comes along with the pros and cons of each of them.

1. Make 2 non-cp campaigns: It will be the first thing people will suggest without understanding what comes with that. The pvp community is shrinking every day due to various decisions on zos' part and the game only being playable seasonally for most players. This would ultimately lead to multiple dead campaigns where people would PvD all day to their heart's content.

2. Lower the campaign locks: This would lead to guilds forced to spread out to other campaigns evenly. This could go with the option above to spread out the player base. The cons behind this is that the player base wants to play with or against specific people or groups and splitting them will lead to players not liking it entirely due to the lack of player interactions.

3. (The cop out) Make Kaal's server bigger to accumulate all the other players: This is the least likely one to happen but would probably be the safest bet and make it so you can keep your current plan in check. The downside to this is that you would basically be openly admitting all other campaigns don't matter.

4. (Most universally hated idea) Abolish faction loyalty altogether and make Kaal non locked: It would solve the Kaal overpopulation sure... but I can already tell you almost every GM I know would quit if faction loyalty was gone. What's the point of being competitive if you can just swap to the winning team? It's terrible and I highly recommend straying against this option even though it's most likely to happen.

5. Relocking Non-CP again: This wouldn't change a thing but maybe that's for the best. It would stop the full migration to Kaal, and can be done with option 2 to populate to populate it with Kaal's overpopulation. The downside to this is Zenimax would have to say the only changes to pvp is new sets and a new artifact pvd device for all of Greymoor. I say bite the bullet and do that and work on the things that people actually want for pvp. (insert a link to Pain's reaction video to the pvp update here)

If you have any other suggestions for Zos to never read, post them below. All in all, I will almost put money on Zenimax not doing anything about this till they see it was a bad decision and all campaigns but Kaal become as dead as "Standard" but who knows, maybe dead pvp is what they apparently strive for to be the "standard" of their game. :/

Ok yeah, every guy who has played for 5 years is gonna quit because a recently added faction lock was removed? Oh yeah, makes total sense to me. You're not stopping people from switching to the winning team, youre just keeping people from playing their characters. Sad to see so many people get so serious over this when the minority just wants to play characters they dumped hour after hour into
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna bring more PvP for sure but at what cost?
    and More scroll trolling degenerates.
    and More Spies.
    and More siege trollers that turn your siege around.
    and More hammer griefers.
    You don't like the person grinding for emp ? swap to another faction and make their gaming experience like hell.
    Here we go again , thank you ZoS.

If you care about the map and score , if you're a faction loyalist you're gonna be against this end of story.
    If you're not , just go play a BG and don't abuse the campaign being unlocked.

From my opinion unlocking no cp will just take away the competitiveness and joyful experience of winning a campaign.
    What's the point of winning when you can just swap to whatever faction that Is on top?

And then you will get some zerg surfers that get on any faction with the biggest group to get more AP.

It will just bring more toxicity even more than the current state.

I should be allowed to play my characters. I don't care about a meaningless 30 day score, I'm not griefing people, I'm not trying to switch to the winning side. There are a ton like me who just wanna play all of the game they bought. We're not here to hurt you. We just want to not have a half roster of unplayed characters
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on January 21, 2020 7:06AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cry me a river.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great no-cp is being unlocked finally. Been completely unable to play with my friends from other factions for like a year now because of the forced locks with no alternative for no-cp. Great change from ZOS.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the faction-clowns go away from Bahlokdaan because it's not faction locked anymore, then this is a WIN-WIN.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry we play on Bahlokdaan not laatvulon. And we were on DC for the previous two campaigns prior to this one as they were consistently the lowest population faction.

It's almost like the person claiming to know the opinion of every GM on Bahlokdaan has no idea what's been happening on Bahlokdaan.

• Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

It's almost like the person claiming to know the opinion of every GM on Bahlokdaan has no idea what's been happening on Bahlokdaan.
    Apologies for not being formally acquainted with everyone on the universally last place faction yet. That's kind of why they are still in last place tbh.