Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do PTS files carry over to live?

Sylvermynx
Sylvermynx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me if I download the PTS over the weeks it's available, will that be most of the "re-download" for the update so I won't have to wait to get 70+ GBs when it releases? Right now, I have 50 GB available (free bonus) if I download between 2 am and 8 am. My "normal" time total is only 20 GB.

I've never done PTS here, as I just don't have the bandwidth (not to mention my connection cannot by any stretch of the imagination be called "fast"....) That's why I'm hoping I can get a pretty good chunk of it during PTS, and then not have to do a whole 70 GB at release. Stretching it over parts of 5 weeks (assuming the entire PTS doesn't have to be downloaded every patch - is it just changed files?) would help me out a lot.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, the PTS and the Live game do not share files or anything at all. It's like downloading the game twice to have both PTS and LIVE. Each one is in its own gigantic folder.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    No, the PTS and the Live game do not share files or anything at all. It's like downloading the game twice to have both PTS and LIVE. Each one is in its own gigantic folder.

Ugh. Thanks Dojohoda, even though that wasn't what I wanted to hear!