The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Backbar fire staff or backbar shock staff with HA rotation?

RaptorRodeoGod
RaptorRodeoGod
✭✭✭✭✭
If I'm using a heavy attack rotation with 1-2 heavy attacks per rotation, and a shock staff on the front bar, should I use a flame staff on the backbar, or a shock staff on the backbar with enough points in Thaumaturge to get the Exploiter passive? Which will give more damage? I'm doing this on a MagNecro DPS build.
Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
---
Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.

Best Answer

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning can be ok on a solo build for the reason you mentioned. For any group content, the off balance debuff usually falls on either the healer or the tank so you can go with Flame Wall and get more damage.
    Answer ✓