Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Death Match or endless Fury

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Ones got to change and since soo many of battle grounds achievements are based on kills, it seems more sensible for endless fury to be the one, it creates slight problems in other forms of the game, mostly with the kill steal stealing ulti gen, however in battlegrounds the problem is incredibly frustrating. I constantly see magsorc top board in tdm and most of the time its with 40-60% of the damage done of another player usually on something like a dk or warden. I can understand the lack of an execute and playstyle of these classes causing this to some degree and the purpose of variety and class identity etc. but why focus so intensely on finishing blows when there is an ability designed purely to steal them.

In b4 “NeRf SoRc ThReAd” and “change battle grounds this way or that way” comments, why change an entire pvp mode, other skills and passives, when tweaks to 1 skill can solve the problem
  • majorana
    majorana
    ✭✭
    Well, you do realize that mages fury is one of the weaker executes right?

Reverse slice, impale, Jesus beam are all better executes and tbf many sorcs don't even slot fury any more.
    Edited by majorana on January 19, 2020 3:43PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    High damage doesn’t mean a high contribution imo.

On my MagWarden I’d rather a magsorc follow me around and finish people that I can’t because... well I’m a MagWarden, then have some solo hero who dots everyone up and always chooses their own targets.

If your entire team has no execute then yea, you can have all your kills stolen, but I thought I’d pipe up because so many people think damage matters. It doesn’t. I consistently have more kills and less damage some of my team mates as a magtemplar who doesn’t use an execute, it’s called pulling off a burst combo. Beating on people and not killing them leads to more damage and a loss. Most of the time high damage means someone’s being ineffective.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 19, 2020 11:09PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    High damage doesn’t mean a high contribution imo.

On my MagWarden I’d rather a magsorc follow me around and finish people that I can’t because... well I’m a MagWarden, then have some solo hero who dots everyone up and always chooses their own targets.

If your entire team has no execute then yea, you can have all your kills stolen, but I thought I’d pipe up because so many people think damage matters. It doesn’t. I consistently have more kills and less damage some of my team mates as a magtemplar who doesn’t use an execute, it’s called pulling off a burst combo. Beating on people and not killing them leads to more damage and a loss. Most of the time high damage means someone’s being ineffective.

Yea that is a very valid point, dots and aoes lead to much higher damage, however my issue is mostly with how someone on another team can selectively spam endless on lower health targets and steal another teams kills, I quite often a team of 2 magsorcs win entirely by third party endless spamming
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IMG-b14ad23f-388b-4eb5-9765-bd15037b40a7.png

C'mon! It's always nice to have a Sorc to pull the win lol