The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

General questions about the vampire re-vamp

Noxavian
Noxavian
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey! Does anyone know when we might get to hear more about the new vampire abilities? Like how long did it take them to reveal ability details about necromancer?

Also as for abilities, do you all think we'll get a mist dash and/or bat swarm teleport similar to the ones we saw in the trailer? I really want to see the bat swarm thing be an ability, but idk if they'd add 2 mobility ones. Maybe it'd be a morph of the mist one?

Then again, I can't imagine them showing some basic vampires fight with new abilities without us getting them as well.

What do you guys think? Any info is appreciated!

EDIT: OH, also if I'm already a vampire when the re-vamp hits, will I be able to do the new updated quest line? Or will that just be something I can't ever do again since I technically already did it? What if I cured myself before the update? I just really wanna do the new intro quest without having to roll a new character. Maybe I could contact support and they could remove the status/levels form my character? (After already curing myself)
Edited by Noxavian on January 18, 2020 5:19PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who said something about a new intro or Vampire quest? All I got from the stream was that the only thing they’re changing is the skill line for Vampire (and Vampire actions will cause reactions in towns like some Necromancer skills).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Who said something about a new intro or Vampire quest? All I got from the stream was that the only thing they’re changing is the skill line for Vampire (and Vampire actions will cause reactions in towns like some Necromancer skills).

They said on stream that they've completely re-done the intro vampire quest.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

I've never actually tried curing myself to see if the quest can be redone. Now I'm curious if this will be a possibility since I'm anxious to see the new quest myself but don't want to level another character to do it.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely missed that during the stream, lol.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 18, 2020 5:48PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've never actually tried curing myself to see if the quest can be redone. Now I'm curious if this will be a possibility since I'm anxious to see the new quest myself but don't want to level another character to do it.

This is what im curious about too! I would assume they wouldn't put all that work into re-doing the quest only for current vamps to have no way to do it right?

Either way, if you test out curing yourself lemme know!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey! Does anyone know when we might get to hear more about the new vampire abilities? Like how long did it take them to reveal ability details about necromancer?

IIRC we got info about Necro skills from community folk who went to test the new class at ZOS once their NDA was lifted, shortly before PTS went up. Somehow I doubt there will be an event like that just for new vampires, so we'll probably have to wait until Greymoor on PTS - 5-6 weeks before release on May 18th, so early/mid April.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Will vampires lose the bat swarm ultimate?
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    Will vampires lose the bat swarm ultimate?

Yes, thank goodness.

They'll be using it elsewhere in their kit tho! As in the trailer the basic vampire turned into a swarm of bats and flew away. Hoping we'll get a bat swarm teleport.