The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Wait Wait Wait.... $?

Rezdayn
Rezdayn
✭✭✭✭✭
Wait wait wait... You are asking $60AUD for just a digital upgrade?...
Hey ZOS can you sell the next "adventure" without the mount, without the pet, without the costume, without the single crate, without the treasure maps and without the exp scrolls?... That fluff is trash to a lot of people (not everyone) and without it you could surely make it a more reasonable price for Australians who are barely wanting to play your game as it is...

Get rid of the trash items and make it $40AUD or at least take me to dinner before you....
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do get this is an optional subscription game? What do you expect them to do, hand out content for free. This is a common price for an MMOs year of new content.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezdayn wrote: »
    Hey ZOS can you sell the next "adventure" without the mount, without the pet, without the costume, without the single crate, without the treasure maps and without the exp scrolls?... That fluff is trash to a lot of people (not everyone) and without it you could surely make it a more reasonable price for Australians who are barely wanting to play your game as it is...

Get rid of the trash items and make it $40AUD or at least take me to dinner before you....

Well, in the US store, they DO sell it without the mount/pet/etc. The version with all of those things is the "Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade" and costs $50US. The normal upgrade is $40US.

Does your version of the store not have five different options for Greymoor? (Standard, Digital CE, Physical CE, Upgrade, Upgrade CE)
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If it was 40 you would have posted the same thing saying to make it 20, if it was 20 would still have posted the same thing.

The game is optional and 60 is a fair price in the market.
    Options
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    You do get this is an optional subscription game? What do you expect them to do, hand out content for free. This is a common price for an MMOs year of new content.

Actually its not a year its only 2nd quarter... 1st, 3rd and 4th quarter u need to pay separately for each update to get a year story.
    Edited by DarkPicture on January 18, 2020 5:03PM
    Options
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭

Ummm not to get political but the Australia goverment is why....it's why manufactured goods are so much higher, higher wages higher property tax, and you have the importation and distribution nightmare, not to mention the ridiculous expectation of the Australian people for government support and intervention .

TLDR: You blokes pay $5.50 for a scoop of Ice cream and smile while doing it.
    Edited by Klad on January 18, 2020 5:04PM
    Options
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean in the USD it’s the same price as last year $40 dollars, I’m fine with that price because I still get enjoyment out of the game.
    Options
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »

Actually its not a year its only 2nd quarter... 1st, 3rd and 4th quarter u need to pay separately for each update to get a year story.

Ya if you don't sub, so that's fair. If you sub to any game it's a common price + the sub. This current gamer culture were you expect awesome content for free or next to. Sad.
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also please remember AYS imposed *** amounts if tax, that version WOULD be 40 if they didn't tax ZoS out the butt to sell it there. It's like that no matter the game.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didnt notice I asked for it for free. I will reread my original post. Oh wait I didnt say that at all. Funny that.

Well, in the US store, they DO sell it without the mount/pet/etc. The version with all of those things is the "Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade" and costs $50US. The normal upgrade is $40US.

Does your version of the store not have five different options for Greymoor? (Standard, Digital CE, Physical CE, Upgrade, Upgrade CE)

On mine its showing a bunch of fluff items for the digital upgrade... which surely makes the price more "reasonable" however the items are pointless and we should get the option to buy it without those items for less...
    Skwor wrote: »

If it was 40 you would have posted the same thing saying to make it 20, if it was 20 would still have posted the same thing.

I didn't notice that in my original post I said I would always want it for cheaper. I will reread my post. Oh wait I didnt. Funny that.

Didnt even notice. That makes it so much worse haha...
    Klad wrote: »

Ummm not to get political but the Australia goverment is why....it's why manufactured goods are so much higher, higher wages higher property tax, and you have the importation and distribution nightmare, not to mention the ridiculous expectation of the Australian people for government support and intervention .

Not wrong.
    However I still stand by my original post.
    Get rid of all the trash fluff and charge me less for the damn thing... A lot of people dont need the mount, pet and trash filler items... I know it will still cost more than america due to taxes that our pathetic gov puts on us but dont pretend that its worth more because of fluff useless items is all I ask.
    jircris11 wrote: »

Also please remember AYS imposed *** amounts if tax, that version WOULD be 40 if they didn't tax ZoS out the butt to sell it there. It's like that no matter the game.

I understand that. However take the fluff out and make it a lower price.. then add the tax... it will still be more than the say american price but at least it would be a little less and wont give out trash useless items...
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On mine its showing a bunch of fluff items for the digital upgrade... which surely makes the price more "reasonable" however the items are pointless and we should get the option to buy it without those items for less...

So the Australian store doesn't have a bunch of different edition options? How do you select the non-upgrade versions, then?

(when I click on that big red Buy Now button at the top right of the Forum, it takes me to a general Greymoor page, which then has me select which of the five editions I'd want, what platform, and what store I'd like to buy it from)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on January 18, 2020 5:50PM
    Options
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    isnt australias minimum wage like twice the united states...?
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this ^
    also:
    it does bother me that forced to feed ongoing instead of just a 1 time pay.
    it's not fair
    double, triple, and quadruple dunking is just insulting tbh.
    Options
  • Blaqk_EyeD
    Blaqk_EyeD
    ✭✭
    It's cheaper than a new game and contains more than a brand new game of content so it seems fair to me.
    MagSorc JuliNecroIlam 7TraitCrafter
    XboxNA: "Blaqk EyeD"
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the Australian store doesn't have a bunch of different edition options? How do you select the non-upgrade versions, then?

(when I click on that big red Buy Now button at the top right of the Forum, it takes me to a general Greymoor page, which then has me select which of the five editions I'd want, what platform, and what store I'd like to buy it from)

I think the OP means the pre-order bonus items: the horse, pocket mammoth, preview crate etc.

Thing is the expansion would cost the same with or without those items, they're not increasing the price as a result of including them. Look at the previous expansions: when the pre-order period ended and those items were removed they didn't drop the price, you just got less for your money.

If you want to pay less for the expansion the only option is to wait until it goes on sale. I think previously there's been a sale around August but it's not a fixed thing. Alternatively wait until the next expansion is released, then Greymoor will be included with ESO+.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I think the OP means the pre-order bonus items: the horse, pocket mammoth, preview crate etc.

Ah, I see! I thought he meant the CE bonuses (Mount, pet, etc).

But yeah - in that case, the version "without" those pre-order bonuses would still cost the same. Since they're 'free' bonus items. Just like any other pre-order bonus items, no matter the game.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution.

Wait, wait, wait for the chapter to go on sale. Event better, wait for it to become a dlc if you subscribe. Win/win.
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didnt notice I asked for it for free. I will reread my original post. Oh wait I didnt say that at all. Funny that.

Skwor wrote: »

I didn't notice that in my original post I said I would always want it for cheaper. I will reread my post. Oh wait I didnt. Funny that.

Didnt even notice. That makes it so much worse haha...
    Klad wrote: »

Not wrong.
    However I still stand by my original post.
    Get rid of all the trash fluff and charge me less for the damn thing... A lot of people dont need the mount, pet and trash filler items... I know it will still cost more than america due to taxes that our pathetic gov puts on us but dont pretend that its worth more because of fluff useless items is all I ask.
    jircris11 wrote: »

I understand that. However take the fluff out and make it a lower price.. then add the tax... it will still be more than the say american price but at least it would be a little less and wont give out trash useless items...

While I agree in a sense, people would then complaine about not getting said fluff.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused, the digital upgrade is $40 AUS.

Nevermind, if I click AUS or UK it keeps redirecting me to US.

Edit 2, used a browser with a VPN and it keeps showing me Danish krones lol.
    Edited by Avariprivateer on January 18, 2020 8:15PM
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aussies are on fire and need you to cut them some slack
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah idk, I agree. It's about 66% of the retail cost on a triple A title. (55 Canadian, 80 is full price retail). It is not a new game, it's reskinned content in a nostalgic area with nothing to expand on the characters we've had for 5 years, but exploring the world that is now way too easy via antiquities. I understand there is content in there for everyone, but there is a huge missed opportunity here that they fail to realize.

ZOS continues to pump out overland content that just gets easier and easier to play, they need to do something about the power creep, like.. yesterday. It's been a year since CP was stalled and nothing has been done. Just add a damn difficulty slider or item that optional so people who are already max level can enjoy the quests, stories and world's you build. Take more damage, do less damage, but be rewarded with increased experience, gold, whatever it takes to balance the risk vs reward.

The solution should not be to de-power yourself by removing gear or canceling out cp. The world and stories of ESO are some of the best selling points about their game, yet you give little reason for any player who's been here at least a year to properly enjoy said content.

Can't help but feel like this chapter is a huge let down after a year of messing with all classes, the skill audits, the headaches and homogenization. The hope for me and many, was that the light at the end of the tunnel was spellcrafting and new weapons. An easier way to make new combat abilities without messing up the entire game... Yet all we get for the chapter is an exploration skill line. I like the idea, but if it's anything like the psijic order, it will be a gigantic let down.

So yeah 55 bucks feels like too much to me when I already pay 100-200 per year after subscriptions and crown store items.

They need to step up their game and fast. You can focus on pulling in new players with the chapters that will quit within the first year, but any successful company will tell you that the people who stick around are worth much more. 5 years worth of subscriptions, chapters, crown purchases, etc, to date. If you can do that with any new player and manage to keep them, then this game won't ever die.

We realize you need to pull in new players, but you should be concerned about keeping them around and there is many quality of life features missing to do that.

... Will still buy the expansion because I love this game, but damn it. It's really hard to advocate and be optimistic like I have been in the past. I know there is people with far less patience. Ever since the class rep program, I've remained hopeful for better class identity and we're STILL waiting. Why is everything so slow with you ZOS.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Linux wrote: »

Dude I live in cali, we are always on fire lol. As for ppl complaining about overland being easy, please point out a mmo where overland is hard.
    Edited by jircris11 on January 18, 2020 10:10PM
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s 55 quid in the uk which is more than just about every A grade new title coming out

They’ve totally misjudged the price
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $60 + $140 for ESO+ for a year.

$200 for something I'm going to play for at least 700 hours during the year.

Yeah, I'm okay with paying $0.30/hour to play.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    It’s 55 quid in the uk which is more than just about every A grade new title coming out

No offense but that judgement will be made based on how well this sells. For us we will probably not know until next year. If the 2021 chapter sells for less it will demonstrate Zos overshot the price point and had to adjust. If it sells for more or even the same price that says we are buying it at volumes Zos is pleased with.

Again, do not like the price then wait for it to go on sale. Unless you are with a somewhat serious raiding group there is no rush as the story will still be the same story later this year and even next year when this is moved to the DLC status.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We got some floods now to.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

idk, when I am dealing with a natural disaster causing havoc in my life I tend to have less time to play.

Ofc I am glad those I know in AUS are safe and sound. Feel for those truly and directly effected.
    Options
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    $60 + $140 for ESO+ for a year.

$200 for something I'm going to play for at least 700 hours during the year.

Yeah, I'm okay with paying $0.30/hour to play.

Awesome logic. Thanks for the breakdown. Honestly. :)
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    MJallday wrote: »

No offense but that judgement will be made based on how well this sells. For us we will probably not know until next year. If the 2021 chapter sells for less it will demonstrate Zos overshot the price point and had to adjust. If it sells for more or even the same price that says we are buying it at volumes Zos is pleased with.

Again, do not like the price then wait for it to go on sale. Unless you are with a somewhat serious raiding group there is no rush as the story will still be the same story later this year and even next year when this is moved to the DLC status.

Considering summer set and elsewyr were both 20-25 quid , and this is more than double my statement holds

I’ve bought every chapter so far and I pay eso plus and buy extra crowns but I’m dammed if I’m paying more than what COD, GTA V and horizon 4 came out for
    (FYI most A grade titles are 40-45 on release)
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooops.
    Edited by witchdoctor on January 18, 2020 11:21PM
    Options
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything costs much more in AU. Playstation games, XBox games, Systems, blu ray movies. If you do not know this by now I do not know how you have avoided it. If you do know but are still trying to make it into an issue as if ZOS is doing anything evil then it is a lame attempt at baiting.
    Options