Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Wait Wait Wait.... $?

• Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    It's a shock and a wonder this thread is still going. I wonder how this argument would work in a restaurant? Sorry I don't like the cost of your triple A quality food. Ok good sir, pls head down the street to McDonalds. Or feel free to stand at the front door and bash our prices and quality to all the other customers.

If only this were a AAA quality game.

Think you should go spend some time playing some of the new MMOs out. Think you may have forgotten the garbage out there. I haven't. And if this game sucked so much. When you saw the price tag, you would have walked away as obviously there are better options that are cheaper.

Parts of the game may be AAA - but the current overall quality level is not.

I mean your hypothetical restaurant may have won five stars and still occupy a nice fancy space, but if they mess up my order, burn my food, and spill the drinks, I'm not going to care.

ESO is the same way - an interesting IP in a pretty virtual world, but the game itself runs like crap put out by some fly by night studio (e.g. cancelled events due to servers crashing / failed systems, incessant / excessive load screens, consistently buggy / laggy performance).

Your right, there is some messed up stuff but we must remember this game is made by people, who are highly flawed and make mistakes. I remember when WoW first launched I. 2004, was buggy, there was nothing to do at top level by raid cities of the other factions. Server stability was so bad that sometimes we could not play for a whole day. Blizzard was handing out free game time hands over fists. I had so much free game time at one point I had almost 50 days worth of free time.

I have been part of almost every major MMO over the past 21 years. I'm a vet and listen when I tell you. This is MMOs. They all have problems, some last a long time and some a short time. I have played EQ1 off and no since launch and it still has flaws and bugs from launch.

What keeps us playing? Is the core game fun? Can we ignore the bugs? If I can't do something I love in the game, is there something else I can do I love? Is there ways to play through a bug? As ESO stands now. I hope they do get some things fixed. The bugs that are in the game that worst I have seen? Nope. Still tones of ways to have fun.
    Options
  • Garreth17
    Garreth17
    I think the price is fair in the current market. WoW expansions cost about the same and having played it for 10+ i think ESO chapters are bigger in terms of overall content they bring. Besides they are not mandatory unlike WoW where new expansion makes previous content completely obsolete.
    Options
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    No, ESO+ doesn't give you free access to anything because ESO+ isn't free.

Yes, ESO+ gets you access to old chapters since they become crown store DLC when new chapter drops. That access does not include new classes though. Those are separate purchases.

So far, we have seen two chapters go the way of the DLC. Only one of them had a new class. I would say it is too little data to identify a pattern.

Morrowind DLC does not contain the new class (Warden).
    Summerset DLC does contain the new skill lines (Jewelrycrafting and Psijic Guild).

Let's hope they choose the Summerset path, rather than the Morrowind path, with Elsweyr.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
    Options