Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to get rid of vampirism?

ShaunW50
ShaunW50
Hey,

So I came a vampire and now at stage 4, which gives me 75% lower health regenerate which I think is just stupid, how do I get rid of it. Pathetic 75%!
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    there is no cure.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you fed on things by sneaking behind them and hitting X when it allows you to, you could not be at -75% regen, as each feeding will reduce your vampirism by 1 stage.

Also khajiit and sorcerer passives and a vampire passive help reduce the -regen% not sure about the other classes since I have not played them yet.

There is also an NPC that will cure vampirism, after being infected, if all the factions have that vampire NPC in town that still gives you the quest for embracing/curing vampirism like Aldmeri Dominion does, then talk to him and he'll lead you to the right npc, off the top of my head I believe for AD the guy is in the back of the mage's guild in Rawl'kha in Reaper's March.

I have no idea if thats the same NPC who will cure you if you are already a vampire, as I have never talked to him since I would rather stay a vamp.
    Edited by Nasuradin_ESO on April 17, 2014 2:48PM
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    You do not get rid of vampirism, Vampirism gets rid of you!

On a serious note, I think there is a quest you do to get it cured by a "priest". However, I do not know how to start that quest I'm afraid.
  • xshadowclawzz12
    This is just redicilous. I though eso would be different from Skyrim where being a werewolf is the obvious winner, but it's the same here. Who would choose being a vampire if it wasn't for the looks or that they think it's cool? Because the werewolf is the better choise to go. I was going to go werewolf any way, but it's stupid for the people who wants to be a vampire.
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    circle
    circle
    dot
    dot
    now
    i
    got
    the
    vampirism
    shot
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    This is just redicilous. I though eso would be different from Skyrim where being a werewolf is the obvious winner, but it's the same here. Who would choose being a vampire if it wasn't for the looks or that they think it's cool? Because the werewolf is the better choise to go. I was going to go werewolf any way, but it's stupid for the people who wants to be a vampire.

I haven't been infected by neither for now, but a few posts complaining about vamps had people post counter arguments to why the WW is worst than vamps.

Also, that -75% to health regen is only there if you don't feed, so it's avoidable.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like being a vampire because I have a channeled spell that recovers my health, stamina, and ultimate while stunning the target for the 3 sec duration of the channel, which lets me survive large groups of enemies alone just by tagging each one with it, or if the group is too large, or a boss is immune to it, use my vampire ultimate to leech health from all of them at the same time.